News Forum - Government says Songkran can go ahead, CCSA to decide what that looks like

Thaiger

The Thai government says Covid-19 won’t stop this year’s Songkran celebrations, but insists that disease prevention measures will need to be followed. What that means for the mass water fights that were such a huge part of the celebrations pre-pandemic remains unclear for now. According to a Bangkok Post report, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has given the green light for interprovincial travel and “all related activities” over the Thai New Year holiday, between April 13 and 15. However, spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana adds that the PM wants everyone to comply with VUCA measures – that is, Vaccination, Universal Prevention, Covid-free settings, and […]

The story Government says Songkran can go ahead, CCSA to decide what that looks like as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

17 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

green light for interprovincial travel and “all related activities”

There'll probably be a surge afterwards but I suppose it's worth it. Dejavu.

Songkhran is go.. never any good news lately. I was really looking forward to getting buckets of water thrown into my face. /s

Diving suit now cleaned and ready for this annual stupidity, government here are brainless obviously didn't learn from last year when cases went threw the roof. This government has no respect for the frontline staff who have to care for people. I see more and more people foreigners and thais ignoring the basics and then cry wolf when they are sick. Totally selfish

• Thanks 1