Planning to Air Travel with my cat...help!!

JimLimU

First time for this.  I am going to fly back to the US, and don't know when I will be coming back to Thailand due to family reasons.  We have adopted a young Tonkinese cat that we have grown to love like our kid.  We have decided that we must take her with us, since this US visit maybe months or even a year.  

Have anyone here have experience with pet travel in cabin?  or even as check-in baggage?  Travel time is approximately 22 hours including 10 hours layover in an airport.  I am not looking forward to this.  I have read all the requirements for importing cat into the US.  

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

Hello JimLimU, will the cat actually be in the cabin with you or secured in the heated cargo hold?

The biggest issue is the Cat wants to go the toilet and attempting to get to the bathroom can be fun, the best advice is bring some water with you in case they get thirsty and do not feed them for at least 12 hours before you get on board the flight to ensure there bowel is empty.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JimLimU said:

I am not looking forward to this.

No, neither would I be!

Why not check with a couple of the favourite airlines between Thailand and US, e.g Emirates, Qatar, United or American?

They must have a support section for queries such as this.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1