News Forum - 1 billion baht in assets seized in human trafficking cases, officer “Big Joke” reports

Thaiger

Assets valued at more than 1 billion baht have been seized from human trafficking operations in Thailand where Burmese people were trafficked from the northern province Tak down to the Malaysian border.  The Deputy Commissioner of the Royal Thai Police, Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn, made the announcement at a recent press conference, adding that authorities are still investigating and plan to make more arrests. Early in the investigation, back in June 2019, police in Surat Thani arrested people allegedly involved in a human trafficking operation, the deputy commissioner said. More suspects, allegedly from the same group, were arrested in September […]

The story 1 billion baht in assets seized in human trafficking cases, officer “Big Joke” reports as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

19 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I like Big Joke, he doesn't mess around.😀

Yes, vastly over-qualified . . . must spend half his working day wondering 'what the hell am I doing with this bunch?'

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, vastly over-qualified . . . must spend half his working day wondering 'what the hell am I doing with this bunch?'

Half the expats in Thailand shuddered in dismay when he was appointed to immigration. 😃

• Cool 1

It’s all about the money, not the victims who will be thrown back across the border ASAP. Why not brag about total people arrested and subsequent long prison sentences? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

It’s all about the money, not the victims who will be thrown back across the border ASAP. Why not brag about total people arrested and subsequent long prison sentences? 

It is the money that creates the victims is it not ? Arrests are ongoing and hopefully  moving higher up the chain of corruption in enablement !

Why is it that they always only say how much they confiscated in money and items but never say anything about how many people are saved. What is important? How mich they get or the people?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Boddown said:

Why is it that they always only say how much they confiscated in money and items but never say anything about how many people are saved. What is important? How mich they get or the people?

Yeeaahh! Why not give us an hourly report on what Big Joke plans for dinner that night while they're at it?😁

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

Arrests are ongoing and hopefully  moving higher up the chain of corruption in enablement !

Yeah? . . . What an optimist you are, @Convert54!

I do agree with your basic 'it's the money that creates the victims' premise, as I agree with most of your views 😏!

• Like 1