News Forum - Travelling to Thailand in 2022? Here’s all you need to know from March

Thaiger

Thailand is regarded by travellers the world over as one of the best countries to visit for countless reasons… We need not remind you about the beaches, the bars, the Buddha… But there’s o-so-much more to the Land of Smiles. With the pandemic entering year 3, many countries in Southeast Asia are changing their approach to the virus in an effort to reopening their borders for unrestricted international travel. Here in Thailand, many restrictions and rules regarding entry to the country remain, though they are gradually easing and the country is opening back up again. There are disadvantages to landing […]

The story Travelling to Thailand in 2022? Here’s all you need to know from March as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

18 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The good news is, when you arrive at the airport, you won’t have to worry about taxis. (No more wondering whether the metre is working properly or if the driver is driving in circles.)

Instead, a pre-arranged van will transport you directly to your SHA+ hotel, where you’ll take a PCR test.

Triple fee for the same distance, is that  good news?

• Like 1

This just isn’t true from the article:

“You’ll then have to wait overnight at the hotel for the results, which will be given the next morning (sorry, no early morning PCR test, followed by afternoon hotel check out).”

If you arrive in the morning most hotels (technically the affiliated hospital) will have your result by the afternoon at which point you can leave.

I arrived on Feb 20 at about 2 am and my PCR test result was ready by 11 am on Feb 21.

On Day 5 I had to go to Pattaya Memorial Hospital for the second PCR test, done it around 2 pm and got the result by 12pm on next day.

So, they produce the result pretty fast in Pattaya.

Of course, the risk of being tested positive on Day 5 or before departure to Canada seriously poisoned my vacation but any way, it was worth it guys.

I am really happy that I dared to come to Thai for 2 weeks in February even if I had to jump through a lot of hoops.

I have been waiting for almost 3 years for visiting Thailand again 😉

7 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Well except that's false......

We just booked my wife in Grand Centre Point hotel in BKK, a 5 star hotel for 3400 baht, which includes a private limo and dinner and breakfast

When you factor in the meals and the private limo, it was actually probably more than 3400 for that package pre-covid

And the PCR test was 1500 baht, a 1/3 of what it costs to get one in Canada/US

21 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

I never use taxis.  The rail link is far cheaper.

15 hours ago, Marc26 said:

We just booked my wife in Grand Centre Point hotel in BKK, a 5 star hotel for 3400 baht, which includes a private limo and dinner and breakfast

When you factor in the meals and the private limo, it was actually probably more than 3400 for that package pre-covid

Grand centre point is a solid chain providing comfortable and nice accommodations that’s great for family vacation and business trips. I’ve at least stayed at 3 of their Bangkok hotels between 2010-2020 and the qualities were consistent to me. However, generally speaking on a scale of 1-5 stars based on luxury level, I would rate the entire franchise about 3 stars. No offense to the chain, it’s just what the they aim for, and they do it well. Only Mandarin Oriental, Kempinsky, St. Regis, Okura and those of the same level etc. belong to 5 stars. 

4 hours ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Grand centre point is a solid chain providing comfortable and nice accommodations that’s great for family vacation and business trips. I’ve at least stayed at 3 of their Bangkok hotels between 2010-2020 and the qualities were consistent to me. However, generally speaking on a scale of 1-5 stars based on luxury level, I would rate the entire franchise about 3 stars. No offense to the chain, it’s just what the they aim for, and they do it well. Only Mandarin Oriental, Kempinsky, St. Regis, Okura and those of the same level etc. belong to 5 stars. 

I'd agree with that, although maybe I would put those others in 5+ star

Although I have never stayed at a GCP, I have been to their bars and restaurants................

On 3/8/2022 at 12:39 AM, Marc26 said:

Nice shopping centre adjacent, Terminal 21

30 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Nice shopping centre adjacent, Terminal 21

Yup

But she will be in and out

Head right to her house once she is clear

The hotel has been fantastic to deal with!

Replying immediately on LINE

Then sending all that's needed by email

Fixing a mistake I made with the flight

Just impressed all around with them

And it's a good deal for T&G

4900 with private pick-up

Dinner and breakfast 

In a higher end hotel 

18 hours ago, Dr.Sivada said:

I'd agree with that. I've done a couple of quarantine stays in suites at the GC Point Terminal 21 and it was great. It's not the level of some properties that are truly 5 stars, but they are consistently very good and the quality is very high. I find the stays there to actually be more comfortable in real terms with staff interactions and less pretentious.

On 3/7/2022 at 5:59 AM, Dmitrii said:

I arrived on Feb 20 at about 2 am and my PCR test result was ready by 11 am on Feb 21.

On Day 5 I had to go to Pattaya Memorial Hospital for the second PCR test, done it around 2 pm and got the result by 12pm on next day.

So, they produce the result pretty fast in Pattaya.

Of course, the risk of being tested positive on Day 5 or before departure to Canada seriously poisoned my vacation but any way, it was worth it guys.

I am really happy that I dared to come to Thai for 2 weeks in February even if I had to jump through a lot of hoops.

I have been waiting for almost 3 years for visiting Thailand again 😉

Good for you, you are the luckiest one that I've read so far. but most of the time, that I've read, most of the incoming tourists to Thailand got positive for COVID-19 on either Day 1 or Day 5 asymptomatic and forced to send via ambulance and pay the hospital or hospitel of at least B100K for a 10 days of quarantine. Tough luck

55 minutes ago, ace035 said:

Good for you, you are the luckiest one that I've read so far. but most of the time, that I've read, most of the incoming tourists to Thailand got positive for COVID-19 on either Day 1 or Day 5 asymptomatic and forced to send via ambulance and pay the hospital or hospitel of at least B100K for a 10 days of quarantine. Tough luck

Then I also must be an exception as I had a negaive test on day 1&5.

I would ask what the tourist do after arrival. Spending times in bars, places with no air regulation, people not wearing mask…

I always go to Phuket, but don’t feel the need to hang out in Bangla or other similar places. 

2 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Then I also must be an exception as I had a negaive test on day 1&5.

I would ask what the tourist do after arrival. Spending times in bars, places with no air regulation, people not wearing mask…

I always go to Phuket, but don’t feel the need to hang out in Bangla or other similar places. 

Me too. I arrived late Jan and did day 1 T&G. All clear and left the hotel the following morning. Headed off to the beach on an early morning flight. Did my day 5 test at a walk in Swab Test centre around 14:00. Results came back that night around 20:00. All clear and no problems

Exactly, that's what's been happening for the past over 3 months, that's the reason why too many false positives on incoming tourists, they gotta go through the airport, plane, transit airport, plane and airport, taxi all the way through the AQ Hotel for Day 1 PCR test. No heck in a way will catch the virus, I would rather wait until the Day 1 PCR scrap, then I will book my flight to Thailand. I hope by end of July or beginning of August.

On 3/9/2022 at 1:28 AM, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And latest from Thai Government on Twitter

1723E246-C41A-4313-BD8D-E58BB31286E4.jpeg

At least they are not putting tourists into SHA+ hotel for Day 5 any more 👍

Looks like Thailand authorities have realized that it was a bit of an overkill 😉

Who cares. Just came to Spain - no tests, just a stupid form that you fill on the web and they scan on arrival - no questions asked. My money goes to countries that make my life easy. Not taking chances with PCRs and forced hospitalizations. So this year it's going to be Europe - unless somebody decides to start a WW3

Edited by MelBurn

Flying in to Bangkok early May, landing 7pm.

We're wondering what the odds are of getting our test results back by the following morning as we want to spend the first night at a cheaper hotel to "get it over and done with" as required, before moving somewhere nicer, and save paying the higher rates they charge for their test&go package.

What would happen if we don't get the result by check out time?

Figure we're just going to be sleeping, so why waste $ on an expensive package.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:19 AM, MelBurn said:

Who cares. Just came to Spain - no tests, just a stupid form that you fill on the web and they scan on arrival - no questions asked. My money goes to countries that make my life easy. Not taking chances with PCRs and forced hospitalizations. So this year it's going to be Europe - unless somebody decides to start a WW3

....except for the Netherlands..

23 minutes ago, justginit said:

Flying in to Bangkok early May, landing 7pm.

We're wondering what the odds are of getting our test results back by the following morning as we want to spend the first night at a cheaper hotel to "get it over and done with" as required, before moving somewhere nicer, and save paying the higher rates they charge for their test&go package.

What would happen if we don't get the result by check out time?

Figure we're just going to be sleeping, so why waste $ on an expensive package.

At Residence is very good, less than 10 mins from the airport.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Arrived in Bangkok on the 26th april had the test at the hospital on the way to the hotel, next day came back positive, i`m double Vaccs, anyway the hospital took me to there hotel for quaratine on the way i had to pay 50000baht as a deposit plus at the end of my 10 days i will need to pay more, i`m insured with Tune insurance the problem is you are not covered for covid until you have been in thailand for 14 day then you catch it, because i landed here and was positive not covered, if i knew i had covid i would have stayed at home and self isolate can somebody tell me if this is right about the insurance and why does it cost so much regards Ed