News Forum - Philippines to raise the minimum age of sexual consent from 12 to 16

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Nature may say that , but the law says otherwise .

Just because a Female reaches puberty , that doesnt mean you can have sex with her . 

As previously stated, Japan has Child protection laws that make it illegal for adults to have sex with under 18's

Law on consent is all over place, varies tremendously with culture and quite arbitrary.18 is just ridiculous….with natural sexual maturity at average 13-14. The 3 year age difference rule a sensible control attempt . Age 16 seems about right, coincides with lowest western marital or driving age…. and entering senior high school……. 

Correct that laws somewhat protect the young so that lives are not ruined prematurely. 

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

President Rodrigo Duterte has signed a bill raising the minimum age in an effort to protect adolescents from rape and sexual assault.

I kind of like this guy! Just why in the end of his term? Why not before?

4 hours ago, Smiler said:

How anyone can be attracted to a 12 year old is just obscene, trouble is a certain religion condones it

I have to admit, when I was 16, I was very much attracted to a (I did not know) 12 years old, looking like a 18 years old, with the curves I mean. 

But the people who usually are attracted to 12 years old are more looking for no curves at all, and there you are very right. But not just "a certain religion", they at least marry them. Mostly (Not that it is any better!)

So, where are these guys go now? 

4 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Law on consent is all over place, varies tremendously with culture and quite arbitrary.18 is just ridiculous….with natural sexual maturity at average 13-14. The 3 year age difference rule a sensible control attempt . Age 16 seems about right, coincides with lowest western marital or driving age…. and entering senior high school……. 

Correct that laws somewhat protect the young so that lives are not ruined prematurely. 

Laws around the World seem to be quite uniform , its generally accepted if two teenagers are in a consensual relationship , but that doesn't mean Western retirees can legally go to Asia and engage in Child prostitution 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

But all of the above, (if) right by the books, has always an age gap in the fine print!

Consent is usually NOT, to take a "YES" for "You want an iphone" or "parents, if I (40-60) pay you xxxx US/Euro/...., can I become the boyfriend of your 16 years old daughter" as a yes to a  sex orientated relationship. 

Imho!

36 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

US Legal / Tax Jurisdiction for US Citizen = Everywhere.

Most intrusive aggressive hated Federal Govt. ever.

Yet Americans believe that literally all foreigners want to emigrate there  !

Pedophile applies to pre- pubescent sex, before say 13.

Are you complaining about U.S laws which prosecute American citizens when they go aboard and participate in underage sex ?

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

It’s staggering how many countries still have the age of consent at 14, including China. Japan is 13 and Afghanistan has no limit as long as the child is married. You have to shake your head in disbelief. It’s a measure of just how backward the world actually is. 

It's also 14 in Germany - 4th largest economy in the world.

In Afghan you an legally marry a goat, which I'm all for if it keeps the kids off the radar !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

A thousand perverts draw sharp breaths....................

Just as Mr Glitter comes to the end of his sentence, he requests an updated atlas from the prison governer !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oracle said:

Many other countries have similar laws against traveling pedophiles.

You need to look up, what pedophile means.

(Children, 17.x) years old aren't children by this definition. That stops at usually at 12, or between 12 and 15)

These laws INCLUDE Pedophiles, but they are made to protect not just kids, children, but also teenagers over 12 (or 15) but under legal age. "Best" example is Berlusconi and his 17years old Moroccon "bunga-bunga" belly dancer at that time. That was disgraceful, but Berlusconi is certainly not a pedophile! Unlucky, he got away with it! Because she was NOT looking like a child!

8 minutes ago, Benroon said:

It's also 14 in Germany - 4th largest economy in the world.

That is as long as the other person isn't older that 21 years old 

1 minute ago, Guest1 said:

(Children, 17.x) years old aren't children by this definition. That stops at usually at 12, or between 12 and 15)

These laws INCLUDE Pedophiles, but they are made to protect not just kids, children, but also teenagers over 12 (or 15) but under legal age. "Best" example is Berlusconi and his 17years old Moroccon "bunga-bunga" belly dancer at that time. That was disgraceful, but Berlusconi is certainly not a pedophile! Unlucky, he got away with it! Because she was NOT looking like a child!

Pedophile links to pre- pubescence, 12 & below. Child links to below 16. Minor connects to age 16-18 ? Teenager is 13-19. 

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

That is as long as the other person isn't older that 21 years old 

21 and 14 ? hmmm I think still warrants a good shoeing from the 14 year olds dad !

But the point being in the UK you would be branded a paedophile (I give you Adam Johnson whos 'victim' was 15 and looked every inch 25 and he wasn't the first) and the subject of 14 million memes ending in 'I would' - where you can lose your entire career, go to jail for a long time, become a social outcast, yet just over there (Germany) it's just fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

21 and 14 ? hmmm I think still warrants a good shoeing from the 14 year olds dad !

But the point being in the UK you would be branded a paedophile (I give you Adam Johnson whos 'victim' was 15 and looked every inch 25 and he wasn't the first) and the subject of 14 million memes ending in 'I would' - where you can lose your entire career, go to jail for a long time, become a social outcast, yet just over there (Germany) it's just fine.

I do think that the reason why the BBC and The Sun covered the Adam Johnson story and made all the accusations was to cover up all their skeletons in the closet .

Shout and point fingers at others to deflect away from what their staff got up to , "Adam Johnson is a P***o"............................just dont mention Ester Rantzens Childline

18 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

I think perhaps Roman Polanski tops it.

54 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

I kind of like this guy! Just why in the end of his term? Why not before?

Maybe he's leaving a baton/legacy for his daughter who is running for Vice Presidency this year to continue on. 

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Consent across Europe is 15 in many countries. For a reason. If Nature says the female is ready to conceive at 13 then she’s ready for consensual sex I. e Japan, a highly advanced country. 

Don't approach this subject with your logic and biological facts.  This subject must be met with shrieking hysteria, and anyone who questions this approach must be branded a pedophile.  

Seriously though, I have no idea how raising the age of consent is supposed to combat rape.  I mean, is the rapist going to say, "Gosh I was going to rape this 15 year old, but seeing as how the age of consent has been raised from 12 to 16, I guess I won't"?  Of course not.  All this law will do is criminalize consensual sexual relations involving teenagers, and since hormone-addled teenagers are not known for their foresight, it will have zero affect on the behavior of teenagers.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fluke said:

This is a subject that many Western ex-pats take a big interest in , for some reason, the fact that you could legally have sex with 12 year old's in the Philippines often got bought up in discussion , along with how cheap beer and accommodation was in the Philippines and how to get long tern visas  

Actually you are wrong you could not legally have sex with a 12 year old in the Philippines that is a myth. There are several laws involved when it comes to this in the Philippines and this new change is bringing the last of them into line with the others. It has been illegal to have sex with a person under 16 for a very long time there and infact it can be illegal to have sex with a person under 18 in many circumstances. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMJM said:

Don't approach this subject with your logic and biological facts.  This subject must be met with shrieking hysteria, and anyone who questions this approach must be branded a pedophile.  

Seriously though, I have no idea how raising the age of consent is supposed to combat rape.  I mean, is the rapist going to say, "Gosh I was going to rape this 15 year old, but seeing as how the age of consent has been raised from 12 to 16, I guess I won't"?  Of course not.  All this law will do is criminalize consensual sexual relations involving teenagers, and since hormone-addled teenagers are not known for their foresight, it will have zero affect on the behavior of teenagers.  

the Phil. 3 year age diff. rule would mitigate many teenager relations though ….

4 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

Actually you are wrong you could not legally have sex with a 12 year old in the Philippines that is a myth. There are several laws involved when it comes to this in the Philippines and this new change is bringing the last of them into line with the others. It has been illegal to have sex with a person under 16 for a very long time there and infact it can be illegal to have sex with a person under 18 in many circumstances. 

Yes, if you read my subsequent posts , you will see that I said exactly that .

When I wrote "you" . I didn't mean you in particular , it was just a general "you" , like certain people , like the people in the same age group

7 hours ago, Transam said:

You could install a spell checker...?  🤔

Wow ! You are really moving  up  !  Newbie  visible mod and now input advisor/ come grammar/spelling  poleece ?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Guest1 said:

So, where are these guys go now? 

Vietnam it seems. Everybody dodgy makes beeline for it:

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/long-arm-of-the-law-nabs-american-fugitive-in-vietnam-4436201.html

It's a shame. I'm just over the border on the Chinese side and it was a decent getaway until the perverts found it. 8 hours by bus into Hanoi.

On 3/7/2022 at 1:42 PM, oldschooler said:

Consent across Europe is 15 in many countries. For a reason. If Nature says the female is ready to conceive at 13 then she’s ready for consensual sex I. e Japan, a highly advanced country. 

According to the Guinness Book of Records the youngest female ever to get pregnant was a Peruvian girl aged 5 !!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she was not capable of consensual sex.

• Like 1
  • Cool 2

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

According to the Guinness Book of Records the youngest female ever to get pregnant was a Peruvian girl aged 5 !!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she was not capable of consensual sex.

Lowest official marital consent is 9 in Yemen “ because the Prophet did that”.

9 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Lowest official marital consent is 9 in Yemen “ because the Prophet did that”.

The laws in Yemen state that only married people can have sex , so if anyone wanted a nine year old partner, they would need to get married to her first 

27 minutes ago, Fluke said:

The laws in Yemen state that only married people can have sex , so if anyone wanted a nine year old partner, they would need to get married to her first 

As far as awkward wedding receptions go, that would be right up there!