News Forum - Hospital in Bangkok interrupts funeral, says they accidentally gave the wrong corpse

Thaiger

Staff from a hospital in Bangkok interrupted a funeral right before the cremation ceremony to tell the family that they had accidentally given them the wrong corpse. After discovering that the wrong corpse had been given away, staff from the Siriraj Hospital in Bangkok quickly went to the ceremony and told the family “the corpses were switched!” The husband of the 55 year old woman who had died from cancer while infected with Covid-19 says he picked up his wife’s body from the Siriraj Hospital. The body was in a sealed bag and there was no name tag. He says […]

The story Hospital in Bangkok interrupts funeral, says they accidentally gave the wrong corpse as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Can't imagine how that guy would feel thinking he hugged his wife in a body bag but turns out to be somebody else.

2 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

Can't imagine how that guy would feel thinking he hugged his wife in a body bag but turns out to be somebody else.

It happens everywhere. Sometimes the remains are not in good shape and no one wants to look or do a  bathing ceremony. 

Usually someone picks up the body and most don't look. It happened in the US and I'm sure everywhere else. 

It probably happens less in Thailand because they often keep the body in a refrigerated coffin for 3÷ days. 

I not saying it's OK but Thailand is not the only one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

It happens everywhere. Sometimes the remains are not in good shape and no one wants to look or do a  bathing ceremony. 

Usually someone picks up the body and most don't look. It happened in the US and I'm sure everywhere else. 

It probably happens less in Thailand because they often keep the body in a refrigerated coffin for 3÷ days. 

I not saying it's OK but Thailand is not the only one.

If it happened in the USA , then its perfectly acceptable for it to happen in Thailand . 

29 minutes ago, Fluke said:

If it happened in the USA , then its perfectly acceptable for it to happen in Thailand . 

It happens everywhere. It's a problem because no one wants to identify the remains. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

It happens everywhere. It's a problem because no one wants to identify the remains. 

Americans always seem to compare any given subject with what happens in America .

*I lost my telephone today"

"In America, if you lose your telephone blah blah blah"