News Forum - Pattaya’s struggling entertainment sector calls for later closing time on venues

Thaiger

Entertainment officials in Pattaya say the tourism economy would improve if the closing time for venues serving alcohol was 1am instead of 11pm. The secretary of the Pattaya Association of Entertainment Venue Operators told the Bangkok Post many pubs, bars, and karaoke parlours have delayed reopening as restaurants as they believe having an 11pm closing time would prevent them from earning profit. The secretary said business operators must immediately hold talks to plan ways to attract tourists back, since some neighbouring countries have scrapped quarantine requirements to attract tourists. He said in Thailand, tourists from Europe, the United States, and […]

The story Pattaya’s struggling entertainment sector calls for later closing time on venues as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

11pm or 1am makes no difference for Covid. Just let them stay open as they already know the virus is increasing majorly now for having infected people. Makes zero difference.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Makes no sense.  These places have 2-3 × hire covid transmission rates why make it worse.

Because the 2 hour difference in reality is irrelevant for Covid spreading and those 2 extra hours would allow people to have more fun and freedom. What you are pointing at is close them down to prevent big covid spread increases? And with that in mind then you may as well go to all markets and restaurants as well. I think we who are vaccinated are learning to, or forced to dealing with living with this darn virus, the gift from you know who that keeps on giving.

• Like 3

These irrational rules just increase corruption as many “closed” places are in fact open. A bar owner actually following the rules has been closed nearly a year now. These are lives and livelihoods too. End all business closures! 

2 hours ago, HiuMak said:

I cannot understand the association of alcohol/entertainment curfew with covid. 

These entertainment place promote people being close ( no social distancing and talking) They also result in people's reduced caution and common sense. Curfew just increases these risks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoongFred said:

These entertainment place promote people being close ( no social distancing and talking) They also result in people's reduced caution and common sense. Curfew just increases these risks.

What about people having a basket ball game, close contact and without masks.... same same but different?

People have to take responsibility. Whether or not they can be trusted to do so is another matter. I can see the government stance even if I'm not fully with it.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, HiuMak said:

What about people having a basket ball game, close contact and without masks.... same same but different?

That's true. These can  be spreading events. However, Thais don't play much basketball.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

we must live in parallel universes because here in Patong the daily 'concerts' end at 3:30 in the morning since the end of the year celebrations...

• Like 1

What if only the people that are vulnerable to the symptoms of the virus (the mostly hospitalized) like those over 65 and the obese had to go home at 12 and everyone else could party on to say 3:am.🙂

Just a thought, (and a little joke)🙂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Entertainment officials in Pattaya say the tourism economy would improve if the closing time for venues serving alcohol was 1am instead of 11pm.

depends if you want a sh*g before or after midnight I suppose .. 

5 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

depends if you want a sh*g before or after midnight I suppose .. 

18 hours ago, HiuMak said:

That's true. These can  be spreading events. However, Thais don't play much basketball.

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2022 at 7:15 PM, Thaiger said:

Entertainment officials in Pattaya say the tourism economy would improve if the closing time for venues serving alcohol was 1am instead of 11pm. The secretary of the Pattaya Association of Entertainment Venue Operators told the Bangkok Post many pubs, bars, and karaoke parlours have delayed reopening as restaurants as they believe having an 11pm closing time would prevent them from earning profit. The secretary said business operators must immediately hold talks to plan ways to attract tourists back, since some neighbouring countries have scrapped quarantine requirements to attract tourists. He said in Thailand, tourists from Europe, the United States, and […]

The story Pattaya’s struggling entertainment sector calls for later closing time on venues as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

You can stay open 24 hours and it won't make a difference. The tourists that the "entertainment" industry relies on are also the same demographic that won't put up with restrictions. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

You can stay open 24 hours and it won't make a difference. The tourists that the "entertainment" industry relies on are also the same demographic that won't put up with restrictions. 

Oh my. Where am I to go for a late meal after 9 PM?

33 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Oh my. Where am I to go for a late meal after 9 PM?

Probably some Hi So restaurant with all your imaginary friends, pilots, doctors, business owners.

Probably a cheese and ham toastie from a 7/11is more your style.

1 hour ago, steve860 said:

Probably some Hi So restaurant with all your imaginary friends, pilots, doctors, business owners.

Probably a cheese and ham toastie from a 7/11is more your style.

Does 7-11 have toasty sandwiches. News to me. I prefer the local noodle vendor with extra bean sprouts and some chillis. 

24 minutes ago, Transam said:

Thought you might but, what about all those nasty farangs in Pattaya, that you must mix with..............😱

No need because I haven't been to Pattaya in years. It's not my style. Thanks for asking.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Transam said:

So your posts have nothing to do with the OP and Pattaya.....🤣

However it’s not just Pattaya, it everywhere else.  Why should Pattaya get the ok for restaurants to stay open and not other places?

• Haha 2

There are so many procedures to come to Thailand that the tourists do not want to
 fulfill them. Even if you open the discos until the morning, they are useless without
 bringing the tourists.

Edited by KaptainRob
Please use default text sizing