News Forum - Australian cricket legend Shane Warne dies in Koh Samui villa

Thaiger

The legendary Australian cricketer and leg-spinner, Shane Warne, has died of a suspected heart attack whilst holidaying on Koh Samui, Thailand. He was aged 52. During his career Warne took 708 Test wickets in 145 cricket matches during a 15 year international career. . His take of wickets was the second most of all time. He was found “unresponsive” in his villa. He had only arrived on Koh Samui on Thursday morning. He had wished his Instagram followers ‘good night’ before going to bed. “Despite the best efforts of medical staff, he could not be revived. The family requests privacy at this […]

The story Australian cricket legend Shane Warne dies in Koh Samui villa as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Beefy has tweeted.

"I've lost a great friend on and off the playing field. “One of the best” my thoughts are with Jackson Summer & Brooke....RIP Warnster"

A legend in every meaning of the word.

RIP 

• Like 6

Shocking news at that age though his weight was always all over the place - greatest spin bowler the game has ever known. Virtually unplayable at his peak. 

Sad news

• Like 7

@ Buzzkill

Complete Obstruction of Coronary Arteries

a complete blockage of the artery passage and there is a minimal flow of blood to the heart. As a result the heart muscles began to perish which can result in myocardial infarction commonly called as a heart attack

• Like 2

And Thai Police quick to state ….

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/inside-the-luxury-koh-samui-island-villa-where-shane-warne-was-found-dead/news-story/a78dd9b46f0ad3d25060a7f8d66a9acd

“From what we could observe, there was no wound, no sign of struggle.”

“The room was in normal condition. Everything looked normal, as if the victim was just sleeping in the room, kept cool and comfortable with the airconditioning on.”

Chatchawin Nakmusik of the Bo Put police told Reuters that Warne’s friends would be questioned by police.

He said there was no signs of foul play.

Were people thinking there was foul play in Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Quantum World can come calling for any of us, at any time: thin, fat, fit, coach potato, famous, anonymous, vegan or meat eater.  Despite social media and social pressures, there is no one strategy for longer living. 

He was a joy to watch bowling. 

• Like 3

Had the privilege of watching Warne and McGrath in their pomp, destroying England in Perth. Never been so relaxed about seeing England demolished but watching pure class is an all too rare experience.

Class cricketer, class bloke.

RIP.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

The Quantum World can come calling for any of us, at any time: thin, fat, fit, coach potato, famous, anonymous, vegan or meat eater.  Despite social media and social pressures, there is no one strategy for longer living. 

He was a joy to watch bowling. 

No.  Your comment may make you feel better, but the reality is different than what you imagine. The deceased was described as a smoker, heavy drinker, and in poor physical shape.  He had a history of drug abuse and partying hard. This is the test book portrait of the type of person who drops dead early. He  had a good time while he lived, but it came with a cost.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vigo said:

No.  Your comment may make you feel better, but the reality is different than what you imagine. The deceased was described as a smoker, heavy drinker, and in poor physical shape.  He had a history of drug abuse and partying hard. This is the test book portrait of the type of person who drops dead early. He  had a good time while he lived, but it came with a cost.

I think your eulogy needs more work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Vigo said:

My comment was a generalisation, not a comment on SW and the reason for his early death. He is one example; Churchill. another over weight  heavy drinker and smoker and a man who hated to walk anywhere, let alone exercise, lived into his 90s and is a contrary example. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

My comment was a generalisation, not a comment on SW and the reason for his early death. He is one example; Churchill. another over weight  heavy drinker and smoker and a man who hated to walk anywhere, let alone exercise, lived into his 90s and is a contrary example. 

Yep, and generally speaking, the more unhealthy your lifestyle, the earlier you go. 

There are always exceptions. 

• Like 3

I asked friends around the world and no one outside Australia or England has ever heard of this guy. I am sorry for the family's loss but why the big fuss over someone known in barely two, maybe three countries.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And Thai Police quick to state ….

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/inside-the-luxury-koh-samui-island-villa-where-shane-warne-was-found-dead/news-story/a78dd9b46f0ad3d25060a7f8d66a9acd

“From what we could observe, there was no wound, no sign of struggle.”

“The room was in normal condition. Everything looked normal, as if the victim was just sleeping in the room, kept cool and comfortable with the airconditioning on.”

Chatchawin Nakmusik of the Bo Put police told Reuters that Warne’s friends would be questioned by police.

He said there was no signs of foul play.

Were people thinking there was foul play in Thailand?

I think a similar investigation would have been conducted by any other countries since it involves a well known person and the death happens at a relatively younger age than normal

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OOber said:

I asked friends around the world and no one outside Australia or England has ever heard of this guy. I am sorry for the family's loss but why the big fuss over someone known in barely two, maybe three countries.

I’m not going to assume where you are from, however outside of English football, cricket has the greatest global reach. Warne has been adjudged in the top 5 ever to play the game. The equivalent of a Diego Maradonna in his sport. This, along with his ongoing contribution to the game, the age at which he died and his persona, meant this was always going to be a big story.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Khunmark said:

I’m not going to assume where you are from, however outside of English football, cricket has the greatest global reach. Warne has been adjudged in the top 5 ever to play the game. The equivalent of a Diego Maradonna in his sport. This, along with his ongoing contribution to the game, the age at which he died and his persona, meant this was always going to be a big story.

Who was Diego Maradonna and what sport did he play?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, OOber said:

Because we never saw his like before , so talented in his speciality and one can celebrate that even if you know nothing of the sport

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Who was Diego Maradonna and what sport did he play?

He was a cheating Argentinian, who didn't know what sportsmanship was, he also played the most boring sport ever played.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2