News Forum - Tangmo: New witnesses questioned, police dismiss bribery claims as investigation plods on

Thaiger

Nonthaburi police have interviewed another 8 witnesses in their ongoing investigation into the death of Thai Christian actress Nida “Tango” Patcharaveerapong, who drowned in the Chao Phraya River after allegedly falling from a speedboat last Thursday night. Earlier this week that all five witnesses face charges of negligence leading to death and giving false statements. they have not yet determined whose negligence caused the actress to fall from the boat, Pol Lt Gen Jirapat Phumjit, Commissioner of Provincial Police Region 1, told the Bangkok Post. “No theories have been ruled out so far, whether it was an accident or if […]

The story Tangmo: New witnesses questioned, police dismiss bribery claims as investigation plods on as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

27 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Regarding rumours that male witness Por has gifted 3 million baht to Muang district police station in Nonthaburi,

Who would have thought... No, it just can't be true. 🙄

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Who would have thought... No, it just can't be true. 🙄

It’s their way of negotiating a price. By claiming it hasn’t happened, they are sending a message to say the figure is not enough. I don’t know why the RTP don’t just issue a price list on their website:

• Like 3

“We haven’t received the amount claimed. And in any case, I insist that everything here is being done by the book.”

Whose book?

Doesn't really deny money passed hands either. (If translated correctly)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

It’s their way of negotiating a price. By claiming it hasn’t happened, they are sending a message to say the figure is not enough. I don’t know why the RTP don’t just issue a price list on their website:

Too late now Pnut put his 2 cents worth in so a big price jump to cover his share.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Soidog said:

They say that everything is done by the book, perhaps the price list can be found in that book?  Or simply, the book=the pricelist?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing  but blind speculation.  Needs to be evidence based. Failure of not having facts shows biased judgment. I suggest that people check the facts first.

If the facts show that the police misconduct they need to be brought to justice.  But, if not those who accuse need to apologized, and maybe be held liable. I don't know but the old brown envelopes stories are old.