News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES: Russia captures key port city, 1 million refugees have fled

Thaiger

This is the first of The Thaiger’s daily update briefs on, not only the ongoing battles across Ukraine, but the key milestones covering the rest of the international perspective relating to the story. These will be updated twice a day and also be part of a new daily program on The Thaiger YouTube channel. • As the Russian invasion of Ukraine enters its eighth day, four major explosions have lit up the night sky in the capital of Kyiv. Witnesses have captured the explosions on video, as Russia’s invasion becomes the first war captured on social media in real time. It remains […]

The story UKRAINE UPDATES: Russia captures key port city, 1 million refugees have fled as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I don't think that this will end until someone puts a round in the back of Putin's head.

There is a story that after the death of Stalin, the big-wigs of the Russian Communist Party gathered at a meeting chaired by Khrushchev. In that meeting, Khrushchev laid out all the crimes of Stalin, and when he was done a voice spoke out from the back of the room which said... 

"Why didn't you do something about him before?"

Khrushchev jumped to his feet and bellowed "Who said that?"

There was a deafening silence.

"Now you know." said Khrushchev.

I sincerely hope that someone gets the nerve and a weapon in the very near future.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

I don't think that this will end until someone puts a round in the back of Putin's head.

There is a story that after the death of Stalin, the big-wigs of the Russian Communist Party gathered at a meeting chaired by Khrushchev. In that meeting, Khrushchev laid out all the crimes of Stalin, and when he was done a voice spoke out from the back of the room which said... 

I sincerely hope that someone gets the nerve and a weapon in the very near future.

Either that or some general orders the tanks to turn around and head towards Moscow.

58 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Germany decided today to send 2700 anti aircraft missiles to the Ukraine.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/germany-sends-2700-anti-aircraft-missiles-to-back-ukraine/

And they sended before also Stinger missiles 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shade_Wilder said:

This will change now in guerillia tactics and then the russian equipment like tanks, etc are useless in such fightings.

• Like 1

Putin is invading and killing Ukrainian people not Biden! Send this song to Putin he is the right adress. What do you think the ukrainian people are thinking that Putin is bombing them and killing their children?! You should ask them what they think about the posters who support mass murdering and genozide of the Ukrainian people what Putin is actually doing!

• Like 3

Putin and his men will get what's coming. The Russian people need to understand that the rest of the world will embrace a Russia that looks outward and wants to trade and enjoy peace with its neighbours. The west is not a threat. The west wants peace and that's why the world is saying to Putin, 'no more'. 

He's history. He just doesn't know it yet. Open your eyes and throw this cold War dinosaur out. 

• Like 5

Great news and it comes from the friggin Times Of Israel,another Elefant in the Room. The 180 degree U Turn of the German Government made it a direct opponent in this war which is now the End of the 77 years of "Never War again" . Perhaps all those that remember how WWII played out are already dead now or nobody listens to them anymore. The new German Government is a disgrace and it's new foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock, part of the Atlantic Alliance and the new Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht would have done a better job in playing her part in one of Germany's best Soap Opera's Lindenstrasse. This Government is supposed to represent the People ? My A.se. Meanwhile the Americans watch the Show they instigated with great pleasure. The Plan actually worked and another Proxy War is now starting in Europe.

Edited by Faz
image removed.
  • Like 1

@Stardust

Oh boy. No chance for peace with you ? A bullet in Putins head ? Go ahead Keyboard Warrior. The Time is right:

<content deleted>

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines

22 minutes ago, CamPat said:

Great news and it comes from the friggin Times Of Israel,another Elefant in the Room. The 180 degree U Turn of the German Government made it a direct opponent in this war which is now the End of the 77 years of "Never War again" . Perhaps all those that remember how WWII played out are already dead now or nobody listens to them anymore. The new German Government is a disgrace and it's new foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock, part of the Atlantic Alliance and the new Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht would have done a better job in playing her part in one of Germany's best Soap Opera's Lindenstrasse. This Government is supposed to represent the People ? My A.se. Meanwhile the Americans watch the Show they instigated with great pleasure. The Plan actually worked and another Proxy War is now starting in Europe.

You're in a tiny minority if you truly believe the Americans are behind Putin and his catastrophic destruction of a neighbouring country. Actually, its complete nonsense, sorry. Delusion. 

Edited by Faz
deleted image in quote
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, CamPat said:

christine Lambrecht.jpg

You can have it in other news, too

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-03/germany-to-send-ukraine-2-700-soviet-made-anti-aircraft-rockets

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-to-ship-anti-aircraft-missiles-to-ukraine-reports/a-60995325

etc etc 

Sure we saw your allies and for sure North Korea agree with your nonense. By the way Putin invaded Ukraine and nobody else. In your logic the Transatlantic partners ordered Putin to invade. You really live in a paralell universe but the rest of the world not!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CamPat said:

Meanwhile the Americans watch the Show they instigated with great pleasure. The Plan actually worked and another Proxy War is now starting in Europe.

You’re right it’s all Americas fault. I heard what really happen was the CIA got an operative into the Kremlin and put a gun to Putin’s hard and told him to order an invasion or he would have a really bad headache. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Let us not forget, the war didn't begin 8 days ago, it began 8 years ago. 

Biden could have prevented all of it... but he didn't. Russia has all but begged the west not to cross its Red Lines. The Alzeihmer's patient is being handled by the rabid, psychopathic neocon/libs... this war will be prolonged now that the West has ignored the sane attempts by Putin to prevent this. And the West adds fuel to the fire by sending in even more weapons and logistics to the Ukranians, leading more Ukrainian soldiers to their inevitable deaths. Putin was of course looking for a quick surrender... but the West doesn't want that. Here is some excellent truthful analysis of the first few days of this event from a Pro NATO, Pro Ukrainian news source... 

https://warontherocks.com/2022/02/interpreting-the-first-few-days-of-the-russo-ukrainian-war/

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MikeEllen said:

Putin and his men will get what's coming. The Russian people need to understand that the rest of the world will embrace a Russia that looks outward and wants to trade and enjoy peace with its neighbours. The west is not a threat. The west wants peace and that's why the world is saying to Putin, 'no more'. 

He's history. He just doesn't know it yet. Open your eyes and throw this cold War dinosaur out. 

Are you sure about this?

America cause more trouble than anyone

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Are you sure about this?

Yes I'm sure about that. 

5 minutes ago, MikeEllen said:

Yes I'm sure about that. 

Good for you

Others think differently 

Mainly middle Eastern countries and North African would disagree but West is good and East is bad. I get it

Apologies going off topic

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Are you sure about this?

Sure. My generation experienced in their school/education time the german revolution, the fall of the wall, the revolutions in eastern europe countries who were occupied under the russians and suffered under their dictatorships. And we experienced after our school time (over the 90s) the balkan wars. We had to serve by mandate even when you had 2 passports (Thai and German) and that was til 2011 when they stop the mandate. It is a kind of absurd these theories the people wanted their freedom it is the fault of America in all eastern european countries including Ukraine or the fall of the wall. Such rubbish nobody in europe, especially in eastern europe would claim or in any history books there. The europeans especially eastern europe experienced Russia and the reality about it. This stories what some posters about Nato or europe come up has nothing to do with any reality of europe or the history. And to claim it was the USA has really no knowledge about europe the history and definetly not lived there especially in that times. In Europe they are aware that Putin is the agressor and nobody else and nobody else is starting wars in europe or invades countries and thats a fact. These clowns really doesnt know anything about europe and Russia or about the wars.

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Good for you

Others think differently 

Mainly middle Eastern countries and North African would disagree but West is good and East is bad. I get it

Apologies going off topic

That's silly. There is no consensus between middle Eastern or North African countries as to their attitudes towards 'the west'. In fact, the whole idea of 'the west' as some kind of political bloc is nonsense. 

So, you don't talk for me when you say 'the west is good and the east is bad'. That's the sort of statement a 10 year old would make. 

Do I loathe Putin's regime? Yes. So I dislike the Russian people? No, I take people as I find them. 

You're not in the school yard now. 

Edited by MikeEllen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

That's a false equivalency. You are trying to justify Russia's bad action by pointing out one by someone else. The two are not connected and one doesn't justify the other. 

The problem for Russia is time is not on their side. They hoped and planned for a quick war, one where the Ukrainians would welcome them with open arms. Clearly they planned wrong. The Russian attacks are becoming more and more brutal. As more pictures and video of crushed cities and thousands dead come out, the west will send even more aid and institute secondary sanctions. They will begin to sanction third party countries that do business with Russia (it's why so many businesses have already started to flee Russia, they know what's coming). Secondary sanctions are what sent Iran's economy into something resembling the pre-industrial age. Worse yet, when Kyiv falls, the war will enter into a much worse stage for Russia. A full blown insurgency is the last thing they wanted or need. It's a war they can't win, it's a war that will chew up and destroy Russia's army. For demographic reasons alone, Ukraine will be Russia's last war.      

• Like 3

Just now, EdwardV said:

That's a false equivalency. You are trying to justify Russia's bad action by pointing out one by someone else. The two are not connected and one doesn't justify the other. 

The problem for Russia is time is not on their side. They hoped and planned for a quick war, one where the Ukrainians would welcome them with open arms. Clearly they planned wrong. The Russian attacks are becoming more and more brutal. As more pictures and video of crushed cities and thousands dead come out, the west will send even more aid and institute secondary sanctions. They will begin to sanction third party countries that do business with Russia (it's why so many businesses have already started to flee Russia, they know what's coming). Secondary sanctions are what sent Iran's economy into something resembling the pre-industrial age. Worse yet, when Kyiv falls, the war will enter into a much worse stage for Russia. A full blown insurgency is the last thing they wanted or need. It's a war they can't win, it's a war that will chew up and destroy Russia's army. For demographic reasons alone, Ukraine will be Russia's last war.      

Sorry I'm not trying to justify anything and certainly not what Russia are doing at the moment. Don't think anyone would want Putin around for much longer. Russians included. 

I agree with everything you've said there as it's not going to end well.

However I don't think the west (NATO) especially America are the world's saviours the media make them out to be. 

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

However I don't think the west (NATO) especially America are the world's saviours the media make them out to be. 

Again, NATO and America aren't the same thing. I don't hear ANYBODY talking about NATO as the world's saviours. In fact, I hear NATO time and time again saying that it is a defensive bloc and justifying its position that it will NOT be imposing a no fly zone over Ukraine and it will not be engaging Russia militarily as it is only too aware that Putin is crazy enough to push the button. 

NATO is literally irrelevant in this whole affair, except in the mind of putin, who is quite mad and imagines himself to be surrounded by enemies who are out to get him. Actually, Putin is surrounded by countries, scared to death of putin and that's why they've joined NATO - for protection. 

NATO has guaranteed peace in Europe since its inception. It is NOT the aggressor here and to believe otherwise is to swallow putin's propaganda. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Sorry I'm not trying to justify anything and certainly not what Russia are doing at the moment. Don't think anyone would want Putin around for much longer. Russians included. 

I agree with everything you've said there as it's not going to end well.

For sure not the opinion of anybody in Europe and for sure you never experienced Russian agressions and the history of the Nato. Without the Nato there wouldn't be peace in the last century or west europe would be destroyed completly at this time. You really should understand the history of europe and how they suffered under the agressor Russia. Ask the Baltic countries or now he threatens Sweden and Finnland to attack them. There is only one agressor in Europe and thats Putin and not the USA. The Nato is to defend themself from this agressor. 

7 minutes ago, MikeEllen said:

Again, NATO and America aren't the same thing. I don't hear ANYBODY talking about NATO as the world's saviours. In fact, I hear NATO time and time again saying that it is a defensive bloc and justifying its position that it will NOT be imposing a no fly zone over Ukraine and it will not be engaging Russia militarily as it is only too aware that Putin is crazy enough to push the button. 

So who where you referring to when you said the west wants peace? 

I don't think any of them do. 

The only people who have pressed that button are?

America contribute by far the most to NATO. Its not the American army per se but they hold the most influence in the organisation. 

Apologies again going off topic. 

6 minutes ago, MikeEllen said:

NATO is literally irrelevant in this whole affair, except in the mind of putin, who is quite mad and imagines himself to be surrounded by enemies who are out to get him. Actually, Putin is surrounded by countries, scared to death of putin and that's why they've joined NATO - for protection. 

NATO has guaranteed peace in Europe since its inception. It is NOT the aggressor here and to believe otherwise is to swallow putin's propaganda. 

Exactly the Nato has guranteed peace in Europe and to defend themself. At the moment he threaten Sweden and Finnland and tell them he will attack them and russian migs in their airzones.

• Like 1