News Forum - Thailand News Today | Tourism industry pushes for scrapping of Thailand Pass and PCR testing

Thaiger

Key figures in Thailand’s tourism industry have renewed their calls for the Thailand Pass and PCR testing on arrival to be scrapped. Speaking at the Thailand Tourism Forum in Bangkok yesterday, the chairman of global hotel operator Minor International, renewed his call for the government to ditch the Thailand Pass system. Bill Heinecke has been vocal on issues affecting tourism’s recovery for some time, penning an open letter to PM Prayut Chan-o-cha at the start of the year, urging him to reinstate the suspended Test & Go entry scheme. Addressing forum attendees yesterday, Heinecke said the government must now lift […]

The story Thailand News Today | Tourism industry pushes for scrapping of Thailand Pass and PCR testing as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

it needs to abolish the Test & Go entry scheme and allow people to arrive with proof of vaccination and a pre-departure negative PCR test result.

Scrap the pre departure PCR too while you're at it. Enough with the hysterical testing of asymptomatic people!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Think of this as a shrimp buffet and the chinese are coming--all the countries are opening up..

WHO will be the first and most successful to get the "chinese" and open the flood gates again..

How easy will the "countries" make it for the "chinese" to "enjoy and access" this "buffet"..

As an analogy...the easier it is made will seemingly get the "crowds"....up to you thailand....

Well, until such time that officials finally understand that sticking with this "Thai Pass" doesn't make any sense anymore TAT can launch new campaigns as much as they want: there will be no flow of incoming tourists. Things can be so easy and yet (needlessly) seemingly so difficult.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fundok said:

Well, until such time that officials finally understand that sticking with this "Thai Pass" doesn't make any sense anymore TAT can launch new campaigns as much as they want: there will be no flow of incoming tourists. Things can be so easy and yet (needlessly) seemingly so difficult.

Aren't you guys tired of saying the same shit over and over? 

When it changes it will change

Go or don't go.....up2u

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Aren't you guys tired of saying the same shit over and over? 

When it changes it will change

Go or don't go.....up2u

Never get tired of criticism! Some prospective travelers come to these forums to get a sense of what others think of the pros and cons of restricted travel. It would be a disgrace to deny or troll opinions, even yours!

Personally speaking imop if anybody wants to travel here for holiday , of 2 or 3 weeks go somewhere else!

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, riclag said:

Never get tired of criticism! Some prospective travelers come to these forums to get a sense of what others think of the pros and cons of restricted travel. It would be a disgrace to deny or troll opinions, even yours!

Personally speaking imop if anybody wants to travel here for holiday , of 2 or 3 weeks go somewhere else!

I agree, 2-3 weeks just as a holiday is not worth it

I am going for 6 weeks but to see family, so worth it for me..............

But how many times can someone complain about the same thing? They complain and say the same thing over and over

Then go somewhere else, until the situation suits you

Great points. I'm all for the scrapping of The Thailand Pass and PCR testing.

It's Endemic Time. Let's ACT Swiftly!

I took my Waverunner around 360 - Koh Lan pathetically empty chairs. I viewed all resorts and beaches from the sea, then on to Koh Khram. Counted on 2 hands the number of snorkler boats and tour boats!!

Then on to Bang Saray. The beach and restaurants? Possibly 10% capacity. The beach I'll up the number to 50%

Way too many businesses shuttered.

The upside: flawless traffic flow BKK - Pattaya, Rayon. Nice new wide highways - very few cars and exquisitely clean air!

27 minutes ago, Travel101 said:

The upside: flawless traffic flow BKK - Pattaya, Rayon. Nice new wide highways - very few cars and exquisitely clean air!

and you want to change that by opening up Thailand to mass tourism again? 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travel101 said:

The upside: flawless traffic flow BKK - Pattaya, Rayon. Nice new wide highways - very few cars and exquisitely clean air

There is nothing flawless about BKK traffic flow, nor will the air ever be  exquisitely clean ... But I understand what you are attempting to convey