News Forum - Ukrainian and Russian tourists face problems with financial transactions, travel

Thaiger

8 hours ago, Poolie said:

No, the US funded the regime change in 2014 that started the whole problem and NATO helped it along.

The regime change in 2014 happened because people elected a corrupt pro-Russian puppet as their president. When he tried to screw people over, they rose against him. A majority of Ukrainians wanted him to step down, especially after he started killing protesters.

The corrupt pro-Russian puppet moved towards Russia. The people wanted to move towards the West. This created the conflict, not some NATO conspiracy theory.

And more importantly, Ukraine has had two democratically elected presidents after this. Had they turned towards Russia, they would have been heading towards dictatorship instead.

Edited by Guphz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MikeEllen said:

Ah OK, I see. So it's NATO's fault (NATO isn't the US by the way) for being horrid to Putin? 

Get a grip man. 

Read again my comment...  And get a grip of yourself too man, you obviously do not "see", my comment is very clear.

2 hours ago, Guphz said:

Oh it's pretty black and white in this case. Russia had no reason, cause or right to invade. They lied about why they invaded. They are now slaughtering civilians.

...as opposed to Putin and his Oligarchs?

At least Zelensky is standing side by side with his people, while Putin is cowering in his gold-covered bunker.

Well, it turns out none of this really matters, because Russia made a mistake and revealed the real reason for the invasion. It's all about Putin's ego and desire to be a big, tough guy. He wants to be ruler (dictator) of a Russian Empire. That's it.

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/brave-new-world-of-putin-an-article-by-the-propaganda-publication-ria-novosti-which-was-to-be-published-after-the-occupation-of-ukraine/

I agree, regular people are the ones carrying the burden. But that doesn't mean it's OK to let fascist Putin carry on as he wishes.

I agree again, and I actually think getting more Russians to travel outside of Russia is a good thing because it exposes them to ideas and facts that are censored in their home country.

"Oh it's pretty black and white in this case. Russia had no reason, cause or right to invade. They lied about why they invaded. They are now slaughtering civilians." Well there is my point... NO country has a RIGHT "reason, cause or right" to invade another country and "slaughter civilians". NO Country!!!

"...as opposed to Putin and his Oligarchs?". No, as opposed to anyone or anything, just an objective fact. You would not add this question to your comment if you understood my point. Just to clarify, I am not a big fan of Putin. And it did not start suddenly a week ago.

"At least Zelensky is standing side by side with his people, while Putin is cowering in his gold-covered bunker." Sure and that's a good thing. Hopefully he will carry on "standing side by side with his people" once the war is over and give back all the money he stole from them...for a start.

"Well, it turns out none of this really matters, because Russia made a mistake and revealed the real reason for the invasion. It's all about Putin's ego and desire to be a big, tough guy. He wants to be ruler (dictator) of a Russian Empire. That's it." Yeah, that's not new. Hence for years putting a military threat to that instead of a diplomatic strategy and now, surprise, the threatened psycopath dictator is acting as he is. There is NEVER no smoke without fire.

"https://mil.in.ua/en/news/brave-new-world-of-putin-an-article-by-the-propaganda-publication-ria-novosti-which-was-to-be-published-after-the-occupation-of-ukraine/" Ah propaganda, always used by the psychopath dictators and never by our wonderful western democraties. Come on now.

"I agree, regular people are the ones carrying the burden. But that doesn't mean it's OK to let fascist Putin carry on as he wishes." Who said that? Not me surely. But this could have been avoided. But then, some have been waiting long for this confrontation and there it is now. And who suffer from it again? Not the ones pulling the strings in the background, that's for sure.

The last sentence you agree.

What a lot of BS.

NATO didn’t ask those East European countries to become a member, they asked NATO, because they didn’t trust the Russians after their common history after WWII, and right they are to be afraid seeing what happens in Russia now.

Of course, seeing Western Europe having higher living standards, social security, health programs, freedom, democracy, fighting corruption  helped. A lot of money went into that, not in rearming.

Putin did such a good job with his paranoic actions that even Sweden and Finland, always neutral, startto feel the urge to become NATO members, for their own defense. Of course Putin don’t want that. What rights does he have to order independent countries what they can do or not?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

What a lot of BS.

NATO didn’t ask those East European countries to become a member, they asked NATO, because they didn’t trust the Russians after their common history after WWII, and right they are to be afraid seeing what happens in Russia now.

Of course, seeing Western Europe having higher living standards, social security, health programs, freedom, democracy, fighting corruption  helped. A lot of money went into that, not in rearming.

Putin did such a good job with his paranoic actions that even Sweden and Finland, always neutral, startto feel the urge to become NATO members, for their own defense. Of course Putin don’t want that. What rights does he have to order independent countries what they can do or not?

Exactly, some cannot accept that souvereign countries decide for themself want to vote their own government and not be invaded. Nato never forced anybody for a membership or any forced expansion. Countries decide with who they wanna be allies. Every country can apply at the Nato but no country was ever be forced to join the Nato! They even cannot accept that east germany and eastern europe countries and the Ukraine had revolutions because they wanted to be free and to vote for their own government. By the way who funded the kreml puppet governments? 😅🤣😂