News Forum - Tourism authorities greet first Saudi direct arrivals, plan new tourism schemes

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand greeted Saudi tourist arrivals with traditional Thai performances and a water salute on Monday. The flight was the first direct flight to Thailand from Saudi Arabia in 32 years landed in Bangkok, at Suvarnabhumi Airport. This flight symbolised the recent reconciliation between Thailand and Saudi Arabia after decades of frosty relations following the Blue Diamond Affair of 1989. Statistics say 36,783 Saudi tourists arrived in Thailand in 2019, and Thailand made about 3.2 million baht. TAT’s deputy governor said direct flights will help promote tourism to Thailand, and expand tourist markets in Saudi Arabia, Europe, […]

The story Tourism authorities greet first Saudi direct arrivals, plan new tourism schemes as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Statistics say 36,783 Saudi tourists arrived in Thailand in 2019, and Thailand made about 3.2 million baht.

Aliens outside Thailands boarders: 

download.jpeg

• Haha 1

haha, I love watching our Middle East friends throw off their traditional  dress in the airport toilets, don jeans and T shirts and head straight for the bars and the girls'.  I just love hypocrisy, its my favorite sin. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pinetree said:

haha, I love watching our Middle East friends throw off their traditional  dress in the airport toilets, don jeans and T shirts and head straight for the bars and the girls'.  I just love hypocrisy, its my favorite sin. 

Just because someone wears that attire doesn't mean they are religious or have some specific set of morals that exclude them from partying.  The attire is simply their culture and what a lot of the people from their country wear on a daily basis.

9 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:
12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Statistics say 36,783 Saudi tourists arrived in Thailand in 2019, and Thailand made about 3.2 million baht.

Aliens outside Thailands boarders: 

Boosting Thailand's wealth, on average, by the princely sum of 86 baht . . . wealth-tourism, eh?

• Haha 2

I anticipate a lot of brotherly love until the opportunistic thefts and tuk tuk disputes occur.  Give it a few weeks and we will read of Abdul, Wahib and Karim who discovered they were robbed in a short time room by a thief believed to have hidden under their bed.  

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Saunk said:

Just because someone wears that attire doesn't mean they are religious or have some specific set of morals that exclude them from partying.  The attire is simply their culture and what a lot of the people from their country wear on a daily basis.

well said, but,  I bet they don't behave like they do here in their own neck of the dessert.  As I said hypocrisy is a most unattractive trait in anyone.  

Edited by Pinetree
  • Cool 1