News Forum - Hoteliers asked to issue refunds to Test & Go travellers for Day 5 packages

Thaiger

With the government scrapping the Day 5 requirements for Test & Go travellers, more than 2,000 hotels and their partner hospitals or test centres are being asked to refund the costs of a night stay with Covid-19 RT-PCR testing. Under the revised entry requirements, travellers can take a self-administered antigen test instead of a PCR test on the fifth day of their stay and they are no longer required to book a stay at an approved hotel while they wait for the results. The hotels are being asked to voluntarily refund the cost of the room, or at least convert […]

The story Hoteliers asked to issue refunds to Test & Go travellers for Day 5 packages as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I have already tried to get at least a refund on the day 5 pcr test, the hotel has completely ignored my emails. And it is not a small hotel either, it one of the large multi-nationals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

voluntarily refund

Like that's gonna happen. They wouldn't do it at gun point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

I have already tried to get at least a refund on the day 5 pcr test, the hotel has completely ignored my emails. And it is not a small hotel either, it one of the large multi-nationals.

If it belongs to someone named 'Bill'  you could try contacting either of them here .....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grumpish said:

I had some luck with another company when i went on twitter and "voiced my issue"..

name and shame them online.....if its true its not slander...the internet is forever

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thaiger said:

With the government scrapping the Day 5 requirements for Test & Go travellers, more than 2,000 hotels and their partner hospitals or test centres are being asked to refund the costs of a night stay with Covid-19 RT-PCR testing.

It is Rob & Go now

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Emails are easily ignored. Phone them and demand to speak to the general manager. Don’t accept ‘no’ for an answer, don’t accept their bs about ‘hotel policies’. State firmly and politely that you demand a refund and say you’re not going to hang up the phone until it’s agreed. If the manager cuts the call then call straight back. Get your friends to call too and cause the hotel’s switchboard a problem.  If it’s large chain they’ll have a head office in Bangkok somewhere so call them and ask for their PR department. Many things you can do to cause them a headache until you get what you want.

23 hours ago, Grumpish said:

If it's a global chain, go on Twitter as someone said

But also send them a direct message on Twitter

Companies respond to Twitter direct messages a lot 

Let them know what happened and that you will keep looking to escalate it higher up 

• Like 1

I take it back - I have just a response from the hotel, and a refund (in the form of a credit, but better than nothing) from Agoda, who I booked it through. 

15 hours ago, HiuMak said:

It is Rob & Go now

Tomorrow ----The Bait n Switch Program...       Rob n Go sounds like a thai couple  :)