News Forum - Ukrainians and Russians in Thailand gather in Phuket to call for peace

Thaiger

Ukrainians and Russians in Thailand have been gathering in various locations in Phuket to call for peace and urge to stop the violence. Crowds waved flags and balloons in Ukraine’s national colours yellow and blue as they called for an end to the conflict. This morning, over 80 Ukrainian and Russian tourists and expats were on the roadside by the Royal Phuket Marina with signs and national flags. A smaller group of tourists stood in front of Phuket’s Russian Embassy, and they were later joined the big group at the Royal Phuket Marina. They held the signs with messages related to […]

The story Ukrainians and Russians in Thailand gather in Phuket to call for peace as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

if only they could gather in their own countries and show solidarity. what i know so fat, Ukrainians killed 14000 Russians in Donetsk and Lugansk areas from 2014. Karma....

1 minute ago, AlexPTY said:

if only they could gather in their own countries and show solidarity. what i know so fat, Ukrainians killed 14000 Russians in Donetsk and Lugansk areas from 2014. Karma....

Or approach any military attache at any embassy, and enlist. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

so zero Ukrainian speakers killed then …surely Russians not 14,000 for Nil ? 
must  be bloody awful fighters then ! 

4 hours ago, kalyan said:

Possibly to stay indefinitely in Thailand due to war in their origin country

Since Thailand is getting Thais OUT of Ukraine, I would NOT wonder, if there is a War-extension for Ukrainians on the way. 

I would have thought any adult between the ages of 18 and 50 in good health would head home to either grab StoS or StoA weapons rather than stage an ineffective demonstration before heading to the bar or beach.

StoS - surface to surface

StoA - surface to air

8 hours ago, Prosaap said:

Probably unrelated but i wonder can rusians still use the atm or money transfers must be hard run out of money and do credit cards still work?  

I bet Russia will run out of $$$. Long queues in atm now

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

I mean when rusians in thailand can they still atm and use there credit card if not soon a lot of them have problems

I watch them yesterday at atms when their cards didn't work anymore and on their phones, I guess to reach their banks, to figure out what to do. The lucky ones have a second account with a foreign bank or a Thai bank.

It’s called solidarity. The people gathering together choose to stand with the actions taken by the Ukrainians that are defending their country, there families and there independence. Every super power country’s government is also helping,  and are in solidarity with Ukraine. Countries that have a backbone and have thriving economies will cut Russia off financially - pandemic or no pandemic. It isn’t about the money for us. 🇺🇸 could care less about the Russian currency we don’t need there money to survive. What we care about goes above these pity conversations. I’m glad to see people standing in solidarity with Ukraine 🇺🇦 no matter who they are. Good job to them!!

Thank You

Marvin

• Like 1

A number of off topic unrelated post and replies jesting about a Ukrainian bride have been removed, along with other off topic bickering post.

Refer to forum rules:  All text and posted content must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. 

• Thanks 1