News Forum - Can Foreigners Own Guns In Thailand? | Lawyers, Guns & Money

Thaiger

https://youtu.be/E4MgO53ueQ0 What is gun ownership like in Thailand? Can foreigners own guns living in Thailand? What about gun violence in Thailand. If you have a gun license in your country, is that license still applicable in Thailand? Tim sits with Ben Hart from Integrity legal to find out the more about owning guns in Thailand.

The story Can Foreigners Own Guns In Thailand? | Lawyers, Guns & Money as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Excuse my ignorance but under what circumstances would a farlung require a gun in Thailand?

Granted if living in Southern Thailand where there may be a need due to ethnic violence, but then I would leave that area.

13 hours ago, palooka said:

Excuse my ignorance but under what circumstances would a farlung require a gun in Thailand?

Granted if living in Southern Thailand where there may be a need due to ethnic violence, but then I would leave that area.

Like in the West, I would imagine they would require a gun if they felt that they had a small p3nis or felt sexually inferior to other men. Assuming that moving to Thailand didn't solve them of that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Cabra said:

But their Thai wife's can, and do. That's how they get around the law. 

Why in Gods name would a farang need a gun, unless:

a.  you have a death wish

b. you want to spend many many years in a Thai prison

c. you are American and don't feel right if you are not packing heat.  If you are, see A and B above.

• Like 1

Just now, Transam said:

Guns, bow & arrows etc, can be a fun hobby, not all guns etc are used to kill, ya know.

I never killed anyone with mine....😋

PS. Check out the Olympics Games for guns, bow & arrows, spears etc....😊

umm, so all farangs with a gun are potential Olympic participants.  Well its an interesting argument when explaining yourself to the police. 😀

13 minutes ago, Transam said:

You have a gun then....?     🤣

I have one for each day of the week. I like to fondle it when I drive around in my lifted pickup truck. You will know it's me because I have Punisher and American flag stickers on the rear window. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Why in Gods name would a farang need a gun, unless:

a.  you have a death wish

b. you want to spend many many years in a Thai prison

c. you are American and don't feel right if you are not packing heat.  If you are, see A and B above.

I personally don't and won't own a firearm. The guy of know of is Swiss.

25 minutes ago, Transam said:

Guns, bow & arrows etc, can be a fun hobby, not all guns etc are used to kill, ya know.

True. Hand guns however...

Hand guns are made for killing. They ain't no good for nothing else. And if you like to drink your whiskey. You might even shoot yourself 😉

• Like 1

Why a foreigner need to own a gun, in Thailand?

If "you" need one, "you" get one from a influential person, who gives you his/her gun.

After use, "you" throw it away and aside a notice "registered to influential persons", there is no media mentioning about it, afterwards, who the gun belongs too. And how "you" got in possession of it.

6 minutes ago, Transam said:

I had hand guns, I never shot anyone, I used them in competitions and my fun. 

I could never shoot myself because I was trained, plus I never carried my .357 or .44 magnum anywhere but to the range. 😎

It's not the responsible and mentally capable that concerns me. The last thing Thailand needs is a proliferation of handguns (or any guns for that matter). And I just like the Lynyrd Skynyrd lyric 🤠

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cabra said:

It's not the responsible and mentally capable that concerns me. The last thing Thailand needs is a proliferation of handguns (or any guns for that matter). And I just like the Lynyrd Skynyrd lyric 🤠

Just keep the guns out of the hands of visitors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cabra said:

I personally don't and won't own a firearm. The guy of know of is Swiss.

Sounds like being self reliant. I'm American but don't pack a gun. But, I don't feel I need one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

I like to fondle it when I drive around

Don't you have a girl friend to do that.....ooppps sorry you mean the bang bang gun not the boom boom gun.