News Forum - French expat who went missing in forest turns up safe in Chiang Mai

Thaiger

A French man who went missing in a Chiang Mai forest made his way to a hilltop temple, and is now safe. The man, Jacques Moriceau, went missing in a forest in Doi Tao district between late Thursday night and early Friday morning. He had driven to submit documents to the French consulate, and got lost on his way home on Thursday afternoon. Moriceau is 72 years old and has altzheimers, and could not remember his way home from the consulate. Moriceau ended up driving to a forest area near Doi Tao Lake. He was about 100 kilomtres from his […]

The story French expat who went missing in forest turns up safe in Chiang Mai as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Could happen to anyone that old. Note to his family (wherever they are)... Make sure he gets the help he needs because next time he may not be so lucky.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

LOL reminded me of this.🤣

No wonder he wandered off, the way she was waving her arm around his direction he was probably expecting a whack in the face.

• Like 1

Who let this man out (alzheimers) on his own?

It's a very debilitating disease and they need contant companionship and guidance  when out of their normal environment.

I was chatting to an old guy in a pub once, he was crying into his beer so I tried to cheer him up.

I ask him what the problem was.

He said he had won £125,000,000 on the lottery, he bought a Rolls Royce, a yacht, a mansion and he had just married a 20 year old beautiful woman and described her in detail to me.

So I was puzzled and after a few moments I asked him why he was so upset, his life was great I said.

He said, "But I can't remember where I live".

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2022 at 4:28 PM, Poolie said:

It hard to avoid the old buffers getting into trouble these days. There's always someone 'getting lost.'

Is it effects from covid or vaccination? 😀