News Forum - Russian flights keep arriving in Thailand, for now

Thaiger

Aeroflot, Ural Airlines and S7 Airline planes are still arriving on schedule in Thailand today as nothing has changed, thus far, as flights into Thai airports from Russia are concerned. But Thailand’s tourism tzars continue to monitor Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, as the world looks to ways of pressuring and sanctioning Russia, including access to its airlines across the world. At this stage there has been no official comments coming from the Thai government about the invasion of Ukraine or any Thai reaction to the conflict, beyond assuring Thais in Ukraine that they will be evacuated. Russian arrivals ranked Number […]

The story Russian flights keep arriving in Thailand, for now as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Angry 1

While other countries are considering restricting flights from Russia, it will be wise for Thailand to take advantage of this and welcome in as much Russian tourists as possible. Those roubles will be handy when trading for Russian oil and gas.  

• Like 2
  • Angry 3

Allowing Russian flights to continue might be good for the economy but it is tacit approval for one of the most brutal and unwarranted events I have seen in my lifetime. 

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

Once the Russians are cut off from Swift the flights will stop coming. Simply said, Swift takes care of international transfers of money. Kinda hard to go on a holiday if you cannot use your bank account. Especially now when a few things need to be pre-paid, first day SHA hotel, PCR test.

• Like 11

49 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

The lesson to drive home is that while perhaps Putin helped you get rich, you only stay that way by the graces of the more economically-powerful. If you don't comply, enjoy your holidays in North Korea.

Follow the money, always follow the money.

Leaving aside the unbridled Russian hatred in your missive, what the merciful heavens has North Korea got to do with anything?

• Like 4

While they are at it, how about pulling the plug on that Putin propaganda trash rag RT?

Edited by KomanderChicknNugget
  • Like 5
  • Cool 1

10 minutes ago, KomanderChicknNugget said:

While they are at it, how about pulling the plug on that Putin propaganda trash rag RT?

Nobody makes you watch it, do they?

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Nobody makes you watch it, do they?

I did watch it at first, years ago.  Until I realized it is a ridiculous propaganda channel with religious devotion to Putin's lies and brain washing.  Seems like you've fallen for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Janneman said:

Once the Russians are cut off from Swift the flights will stop coming. Simply said, Swift takes care of international transfers of money. Kinda hard to go on a holiday if you cannot use your bank account. Especially now when a few things need to be pre-paid, first day SHA hotel, PCR test.

I think you might be off a bit. The Visa/MasterCard network is separate from Swift. As long as someone has a functional card, they can buy whatever they want. Swift is only one of the players.

Edited by ThaiEyes
  • Like 1

Thailand and ASEAN did nothing about Myanmar. Why would they care about another European squabble that’s been going on for 5 years — actually more like 300?  

• Like 2

It is unfair to punish your average Russian citizen by cancelling all flights from Russia but how else to we get the message to the Russian leadership.

Cancel all flights and business ties with Russia. This may mobilize the population against Putin and his dictatorship. 

• Like 14

What happens when the Russians get drunk and start mouthing off inappropriately (and they will) in hearing of Ukrainians, of which there are also many here in Thailand. 

Sure a few other nationalities might be offended also and we all know how macho some get when they've had a few too many.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Reg said:

Should ban all Russian craft and stop flying Thai planes to Russia. Apart from retrieving Thais back home.

Should ban all....   <off-topic content deleted>

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines

44 minutes ago, KomanderChicknNugget said:

I did watch it at first, years ago.  Until I realized it is a ridiculous propaganda channel with religious devotion to Putin's lies and brain washing.  Seems like you've fallen for it.

Ah, you've made that judgement? Mistake.

• Like 1

Biden isn't going to commit US Forces to the defense of the Ukraine. Arms supply and economic sanctions are the game plan. SWIFT is not in play because a couple Europeon country's are not on-board.. The UN is become weak issuing nothing more than condemnation of the invasion.  The CVOID pandemic has exposed the agenda of world leaders and this scenario will only go further to expose their objectives.   

• Like 2

At the time I post this, Wise (formerly TransferWise) is not allowing rubels to baht. Any Russians living here are in for a tough time. Might be a good idea to scoop up some really cheap rubels if you can.

rubel-to-baht.jpg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, AndyCousins said:

It is unfair to punish your average Russian citizen by cancelling all flights from Russia but how else to we get the message to the Russian leadership.

Cancel all flights and business ties with Russia. This may mobilize the population against Putin and his dictatorship. 

Add sporting and cultural ties to your list.look where being "fair" has got us,should have crushed them when we had the chance.Let them get into bed with the Chinese,that will put the fear of God into the average Russian citizen.

18 minutes ago, JustAnotherExpat said:

At the time I post this, Wise (formerly TransferWise) is not allowing rubels to baht. Any Russians living here are in for a tough time. Might be a good idea to scoop up some really cheap rubels if you can.

rubel-to-baht.jpg

I see on the TT web page that the Ruble is 00:00,you can buy them though!