News Forum - Thailand News Today | Thailand to declare covid endemic in 4 months?

Thaiger

Thailand’s health ministry wants to declare Covid 19 as endemic in the next 4 months. Senior ministry official Kiattiphum Wongrajit says the Omicron variant has resulted in a much lower fatality rate than in previous waves, and while lung infections are increasing, cases of severe illness are still lower than earlier waves of the coronavirus. Health officials say deaths are also 10 times lower and could be lowered further if up to 70% of the elderly population get their booster vaccine dose. The health ministry says it plans to hold a press conference to confirm the plan for transitioning the […]

The story Thailand News Today | Thailand to declare covid endemic in 4 months? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Reading through this article i almost spit out my coffee.  Its almost as if they are actually following the data rather than drumming up fear.  Personally id like to see these measures done immediately but its great to hear that a more measured approach is finally being talked about.  I will believe it when i see it, but this is some very welcomed information.

I have stated it before and i will state it again, as western counties open up Thailand will follow.  it seems the government wants the cover of the international community.