News Forum - Thai actress missing after falling off a speedboat

Thaiger

A Thai actress, who goes by the name Tangmo, fell from a speedboat into the Chao Phraya River near Rama VII Bridge last night. Authorities are still searching for her body. The speedboat had five others who were travelling with her. She fell in at around 10 pm, in Nonthaburi’s Muang district, just north of Bangkok. She was travelling from Bangkok’s Krung Thon Bridge to Rama VII Bridge. Rescue operations have been underway since last night, which continued this morning. It’s unknown how the model got herself in the river. Authorities said the people she came with attempted to look […]

The story Thai actress missing after falling off a speedboat as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 minutes ago, ThaiEyes said:

If it was a long tail boat, the driver would have seen what happened because everyone is right in front of him.  Smells a bit fishy 😅

And a speedboat usually has the driver mid craft and most seating behind him so he wouldnt see anything. Seems like no one did at the time sadly . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Last month, a similar scenario happened when a Thai model and an unidentified woman were found dead in Bangkok’s Chao Phraya River. 

Scenario A: person falls of a boat, search is ongoing.
Scenario B: floating body encountered, prior events unknown/undisclosed.

Where are the similarities? Same river, same nationality, same year? ... or are news consumers nowadays supposed to use their imagination and deal with creative writing by speculative reading?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cabra said:

Same lady that trieD to kill herself with sleeping pills in 2015... Looks like this time she had some help and was successful. RIP.

I had read about the 2015-incident, but that doesn't mean it's relevant (personally, I believe it may be, but that's beside the point). Similarly, the raw facts don't imply an assist.

My point was & is that while I can imagine unspoken causes and assign some level of personal belief in them, news articles shouldn't goad towards some "recommended" belief. Perhaps/probably I'm naïve & old-fashioned in that way, but I like to think for myself.

Edited by Chatogaster
typo
  • Like 2

and her brother said he’d like to speak with those on the boat to learn more about what happened. 

Is that only me, or does that sound a bit like a threat?