News Forum - Top 10 hard truths of living as an expat in Thailand

Thaiger

Just now, Somchai said:

Bargirls dont  love us?

Thats really awful , Im so sad now.

All other issues are just minor ones.

They love your money though so at least that counts as something right?

The bar girls don't love me? Not even the ones that like older men, have never worked bar before, have only worked bar one week, and don't have a boyfriend? I am devastated.

17 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

The bar girls don't love me? Not even the ones that like older men, have never worked bar before, have only worked bar one week, and don't have a boyfriend? I am devastated.

Na, that thing with the older men seems to be true, one told me once. Most prefer older man, b/c  the wallet is not so tight, the work is not so frequent and many times can be done with the hands. More like a nurse job, then gf.

So, guys, since it seems to be the right place, I take the chance and ask: Is that really true, in your age? 

disappear GIF

21 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Na, that thing with the older men seems to be true, one told me once. Most prefer older man, b/c  the wallet is not so tight, the work is not so frequent and many times can be done with the hands. More like a nurse job, then gf.

So, guys, since it seems to be the right place, I take the chance and ask: Is that really true, in your age? 

e857612672c47d0181a997e76e36597b3d6d3a7884d45440bdaabb7127507d2a_1.thumb.jpg.292e01473ea941360408edf11e96d963.jpg

There is a bar girl version of this which included things like "warning, lying to your Thai boyfriend may result in a painful ass-whipping", but I couldn't find it. 

Related to the original article, a question for the Thai speakers. I was told once that the Thai language does not actually have a word for corruption, as in the context of bribery - is this correct?

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

Related to the original article, a question for the Thai speakers. I was told once that the Thai language does not actually have a word for corruption, as in the context of bribery - is this correct?

There's the imported word คอรัปชั่น (it's just the Thai transliteration of "corruption", i.e. its pronunciation written using the Thai alphabet). As long as you accept that many Thai words are mini-phrases, there are also "proper Thai" words, such as ความทุจริต, การโกงกิน, การกินสินบน, การฉ้อราษฎร์บังหลวง and การให้สินบน.

(PS: funny image)

Edited by Chatogaster
grammar