News Forum - UN expert claims Russia, China, and Serbia arming Myanmar junta against civilians

Thaiger

A United Nations human rights expert released a report on Tuesday saying Russia, China, and Serbia are supplying weapons to Myanmar’s junta government, knowing they will be used against civilians. The human rights expert, Thomas Andrews, said Russia and China are providing the junta with fighter jets. Myanmar’s military and Russia’s foreign ministry couldn’t be reached by Reuters on time to comment. China’s foreign minister responded vaguely… “China has always advocated that all parties and factions should proceed in the long-term interests of the country”. The minister also said China should “resolve contradictions through political dialogue”. Since Myanmar’s military coup […]

The story UN expert claims Russia, China, and Serbia arming Myanmar junta against civilians as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So many countries in denial, I guess they'll need to wait until their invaded (economically or militarily) much like Ukraine before they wake up to the fact that Russia and China are aggressor nations and they will take what they want when they want it, countries, companies and people all over the world have the ability to make an impact but they do nothing.  I'm not saying they need to outright cut them off, but everyone can start to find alternative sources for everything they make or buy and in time it would make an impact....yeah, I know, never gonna happen.

1 minute ago, Mongo said:

So many countries in denial, I guess they'll need to wait until their invaded (economically or militarily) much like Ukraine before they wake up to the fact that Russia and China are aggressor nations and they will take what they want when they want it, countries, companies and people all over the world have the ability to make an impact but they do nothing.  I'm not saying they need to outright cut them off, but everyone can start to find alternative sources for everything they make or buy and in time it would make an impact....yeah, I know, never gonna happen.

I think you'll find that the US military spend actually dwarfs both China and Russias together, so dont run away with any ideas.

4 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I think you'll find that the US military spend actually dwarfs both China and Russias together, so dont run away with any ideas.

Nice bit of "whataboutery" there .

*Russians are not the aggressor in Ukraine because the USA spends more on weapons than  Russia does*

Errrrrmmm OK

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Whataboutism - what does US defense spending have to do with China and Russia arming a country committing genocide against it’s own people? Even if whatever point you are trying to make is true, does that justify what China is doing? Would it in some way make what China is doing any less wrong? 

8 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Whataboutism - what does US defense spending have to do with China and Russia arming a country committing genocide against it’s own people? Even if whatever point you are trying to make is true, does that justify what China is doing? Would it in some way make what China is doing any less wrong? 

Have you any proof of China doing wrong apart from Western media? Which, from where I am sitting, is constantly ridiculously debunked. The point is that America has caused more, much more, heartbreak and destruction in the world through it's illegal, yes illegal, wars in the last forty years than any one nation on earth.  Or two together.

You can dismiss that as whataboutism if you wish. It's your privilege.

7 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Have you any proof of China doing wrong apart from Western media? Which, from where I am sitting, is constantly ridiculously debunked. The point is that America has caused more, much more, heartbreak and destruction in the world through it's illegal, yes illegal, wars in the last forty years than any one nation on earth.  Or two together.

Are you aware of what this thread is about ?

Once again , China aren't arming the Myanmar Junta because the USA have been in some wars recently 

Errrrmmmm OK 

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

The UN expert making the claim isn't western media. Your point about the US is valid, however it's also completely beside the point. No one is saying the US hasn't done bad things, does that make what China is doing somehow less evil? You can't even bring yourself to actually discuss what China is doing, all you can do is dismiss it out of hand by using the old tired excuse of "western media". Says a lot, none of it good. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

The UN expert making the claim isn't western media. Your point about the US is valid, however it's also completely beside the point. No one is saying the US hasn't done bad things, does that make what China is doing somehow less evil? You can't even bring yourself to actually discuss what China is doing, all you can do is dismiss it out of hand by using the old tired excuse of "western media". Says a lot, none of it good. 

Ok, forget western media, let's discuss the 1200 foreign envoys that have visited XinJiang in the recent past shall we?

30 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Ok, forget western media, let's discuss the 1200 foreign envoys that have visited XinJiang in the recent past shall we?

So you want to change the topic? Pretty sure that's frowned upon by this site. Lets stick to China arming Myanmar so it can commit genocide against it's people. Oh I see the connection now hahaha.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Poolie said:

OK, lets talk about them .

What do you have to say about them ?