News Forum - Cambodia among first countries to give Covid-19 vaccines to children under 5

Thaiger

Yesterday, Cambodia became one of the first countries to give Covid-19 vaccines to children younger than five years old. Children as young as three are now getting vaccines. Most countries haven’t started vaccinating this age group. This month, the United States postponed consideration of vaccinating kids under five. Other countries vaccinating children under five include China, Bahrain, and Cuba. China and Bahrain started targeting kids between three and 11 years old last year, while Cuba started vaccinating children as young as two. Thai officials have also begun to discuss vaccinating younger children. Thai PM Prayut urged health authorities to move […]

The story Cambodia among first countries to give Covid-19 vaccines to children under 5 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hun Sen is such a sweet caring honest man. Happy to know he and China and Cuba and Bahrain have things in common. I really just don't know if this is a good thing to be doing to the kiddies.

18 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Hun Sen is such a sweet caring honest man. Happy to know he and China and Cuba and Bahrain have things in common. I really just don't know if this is a good thing to be doing to the kiddies.

Political move to improve his reputation

20 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well if they lose a few (they have recent history here) does it really matter to them, in the cause of science?  

33 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Well if they lose a few (they have recent history here) does it really matter to them, in the cause of science?  

Maybe not concidering that this someone who is their iron fisted leader was a by choice soldier member of the KR. But I would hope they and he weigh out all of the pros and cons before jabbing all the young kids. My kids are just adults so it was a good thing in my eyes they got jabbed, but the age mentioned in this article is really really young.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the vaccination of very young kids. On the other side they get vaccinated even after birth with a cocktail of goodies so everything depends on the judgement of those in charge. Cambodia sofar has done extremely well in vaccinating it's population including Foreigners, all for free. Several painfull lockdowns had to be put in place in order to curb the spread of the Virus. Looking back over the past 2 years Cambodia is now in the top league of vaccination and low count of resulting death. Here is the current status: https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501031730/asean-covid-19-table-25-february-2022/

The anti Hun Sen rants here don't mirror the Cambodia's achievements. Compare this to Thailand, Vietnam, US, GB etc.  He got an early hold of the Vaccines available, initially Chinese Sinopharm, Sinovac followed later by Johnson@Johnson, Astra Zeneca, Pfizer and Moderna. All went pretty well here, no Trucker Protests but a Population that did not want to risk getting hospitalized.