News Forum - Asia News Today | Covid cases surge in Asia, Sanctions against Russia & Human trafficking

Thaiger

Covid cases are still surging in many Asian countries, the US is rallying support from the region to support sanctions on Russia in the wake of yesterday’s incursion into Eastern Ukraine, the Australian PM responds to the Chinese laser targeting of one of its planes last week and a conference in Indonesia to address regional human trafficking. —– Starting off today with a quick Covid round-up in the context that, whilst much of the rest of the world is now moving on from Omicron surges that peaked in early January to early February, much of Asia is still on the […]

The story Asia News Today | Covid cases surge in Asia, Sanctions against Russia & Human trafficking as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

desperately trying to play 'catch up' without losing too much face. But not enough- thai pass gotta go away (no tracking of visitors.) Fully vaxed> pre flight negative>arrive & have a nice holiday. The only way this country will ever, possibly, get 'em to come back.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TSS said:

desperately trying to play 'catch up' without losing too much face. But not enough- thai pass gotta go away (no tracking of visitors.) Fully vaxed> pre flight negative>arrive & have a nice holiday. The only way this country will ever, possibly, get 'em to come back.  

Exactly.   I'm one of the people waiting to go to Thailand and this is not enough. 

• Like 2

Great news about Day 5 being dropped.  However, I was told by the hotel I was booking in Hua Hin, that this only applies to people arriving in Thailand  on or after 07-Mar-2022…..I arrive on the 4th and will have to change my flights, that is insane!!!

9 minutes ago, totes said:

Batter up. Swing!  
and a miss ……

hello Philippines!

Wrong board mate. This one is Thailand. Philippines is that way <-----

Good try but not enough for me to consider going through the Thailand PAss hellhole .

I’ll check back in a few months when they may come to their senses and actually want tourism dollars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, totes said:

Batter up. Swing!  
and a miss ……

hello Philippines!

Exactly, I had tickets for April I canceled them and I’m going to the Philippines. I’ll be back to Thailand. I was there in November but this back-and-forth is just silly

• Like 2

Hey honey....were finally here. Let's celebrate and buy a couple of beers at 711 and sit on the steps outside....I don't think the bars are open yet?

Tonight we will go to a local restaurant but we must remember to set our alarm to make sure we don't break the 'curfew' hours! 

LOL!  Just in time for me as today is my Day 5 and I have to check in again for quarantine around 2:00 pm.  (NOT!!!!!).  The hotel did tell me that I can leave after a negative result comes back, but don’t know when that will be.  Have to have my Thai wife call before we go and find out if they have an estimated time when results come back.  The funny thing is she can check in with me, no PCR-test for her, on day 5 quarantine for an extra 1000 baht if we are legally married.  If I was a tourist I wouldn’t come back to Thailand until this crap is over, but living here with some of these crazy rules we have endure.

i have been going to thailand for last 20yrs   apart from last 2yrs    i usually spend 3/4 moth spending a lot of money  but this this thailand pass nonsense  and the closure of consulates  i wont be going until all this thai pass , thai covid insurancce   is gone   they said they didnt recognise farang insurance   but no problem accepting farang insurance prior to the pandemic.        also i know many expats  in uk  who are not internet savvy   and are clueless  about 5 of them said   until they open consuales in uk they not going   phillipines is there choice,    thailand neighboring tourists countries must be rubbing there hands in delight  because tourists or snowbirds as they call us have to go thru all this nonsense     the end of the day its the thai  people who lose out   it want to long ago hundreds queuing for handouts in the street   hotels half capacity or lower  means  less staff to work there so more unemployed   thai cafes restaurants, taxi, etc etc  will lose out   so phillipines in a  few months  i wait till june if no change i off