News Forum - Thailand Test & Go update: No more Day 5 pre-paid hotel or PCR test

Thaiger

20 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I would guarantee Thais that live abroad speak the respective language in the country they live in more than most Thai expats in Thailand 

It really shows the lack of self awareness on here that guys question Thai's English proficiency while ignoring the lack of Thai skills 

Oh and 18 years with my wife

She has commented that maybe 4 or 5 farang have spoken Thai at a Thai level

Most expats on here that claim to speak Thai don't speak it to the fluent level 

PS....I commend anyone that can speak even a bit of Thai or any language that allows them to have a conversation 

I guess it depends on the country. If it's an English speaking one then maybe, yes. 

My experience in the Middle East would suggest otherwise. Can't think of any Thais that spoke Arabic to a reasonable level, or much at all. 

Met the odd one that spoke German but not many. 

I think the point is that as a country, the level of English is poor in Thailand as a whole, but for sure many Thailand expats' Thai is terrible considering how long some of them have been there. 

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

My comment was solely on the "government oppressing "

Not on covid overall 

Hmmm let's see here.  Military Junta disguised as a democracy, vote rigging, No freedom of speech, no rights to peaceful assembly, targeted killings of dissidents, crushing of Red Shirt protesters with armed forces, brutal Less Majeste laws enforced as seen fit.

If that does not sound like oppression to you, maybe you are Russian.  Or just a complete moron spouting off about issues that you cannot grasp.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KomanderChicknNugget said:

Hmmm let's see here.  Military Junta disguised as a democracy, vote rigging, No freedom of speech, no rights to peaceful assembly, targeted killings of dissidents, crushing of Red Shirt protesters with armed forces, brutal Less Majeste laws enforced as seen fit.

If that does not sound like oppression to you, maybe you are Russian.  Or just a complete moron spouting off about issues that you cannot grasp.

Holy shit you are dumb as a rock

I replied politely the 1st time when you clearly couldn't comprehend what I wrote

Then you come back and again can't understand what I wrote

I replied to yet another drama queen on here about covid restrictions oppressing their citizens 

That's all you dope

I was talking about covid restrictions 

Nothing else

Learn how to read.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

The link did not work.

I wished when I was in Thailand for my six to nine months a year I could go and live in a shed in the middle of nowhere where not many people can speak English due to a poor education, Isaan for example instead of staying in a nice house in International Phuket where many languages are spoken. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JamesR said:

The link did not work.

I wished when I was in Thailand for my six to nine months a year I could go and live in a shed in the middle of nowhere where not many people can speak English due to a poor education, Isaan for example instead of staying in a nice house in International Phuket where many languages are spoken. 

Good for you buddy! Glad you don't live in a shed 😆

1 minute ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

And about the link, it basically said that Thailand finished 100th out of 112 countries re English proficiency.

I guess you could say that Phuket is not typical of most places in Thailand. Which you'd expect due to the high number of foreign visitors.  

Don't think this information would be a surprise to anyone. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

And about the link, it basically said that Thailand finished 100th out of 112 countries re English proficiency.

I guess you could say that Phuket is not typical of most places in Thailand. Which you'd expect due to the high number of foreign visitors.  

Don't think this information would be a surprise to anyone. 

Yes there does seem to be a massive class difference in Thailand re the Thais, there are those who have everything, education, English language skills, cars, nice house etc and then there seems to be a very large number with not much at all.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I would have to be a t'Yorkshireman from the Monty Python sketch to live in a shed. 

And be reet proud of it. 😄

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Holy shit you are dumb as a rock

I replied politely the 1st time when you clearly couldn't comprehend what I wrote

Then you come back and again can't understand what I wrote

I replied to yet another drama queen on here about covid restrictions oppressing their citizens 

That's all you dope

I was talking about covid restrictions 

Nothing else

Learn how to read.....

Now you are just grasping for anything to save yourself from appearing like the idiot you are.  Must be weird to bumble through life lost and confused.  

On 2/23/2022 at 10:40 PM, tomrx7 said:

so my wife and I have our Tp and paid for the 2 tests but we arrive on the 7th March does this mean we can ask for a refund for the 2nd test 

Exactly 👌🏻

On 2/26/2022 at 2:23 AM, JamesR said:

Yes there does seem to be a massive class difference in Thailand re the Thais, there are those who have everything, education, English language skills, cars, nice house etc and then there seems to be a very large number with not much at all.

I have a nice house and car and everything I need. What is special is that there's only one other falang whose part time.  We rarely see them. My Thai friends are much nicer and well educated. Being around falangs who know little about Thailand and only complain is a drag.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I have a nice house and car and everything I need. What is special is that there's only one other falang whose part time.  We rarely see them. My Thai friends are much nicer and well educated. Being around falangs who know little about Thailand and only complain is a drag.

For the most part I have long existed and sustained  the same opinion and reactions.

Strangely you are the sort of person I might be agreeable to in personal contact  but am also aware that often  is  a mistake. lol 1 + 1  computes to the majority as  2  but what it represents is outside mathematical concepts. As an example most of my Thai friends are not so well educated but their intellectual capacity more than compensates  for the escape from systemic indoctrination.

4 hours ago, Convert54 said:

For the most part I have long existed and sustained  the same opinion and reactions.

Strangely you are the sort of person I might be agreeable to in personal contact  but am also aware that often  is  a mistake. lol 1 + 1  computes to the majority as  2  but what it represents is outside mathematical concepts. As an example most of my Thai friends are not so well educated but their intellectual capacity more than compensates  for the escape from systemic indoctrination.

Great, so when I go to a dentist I have never been to before and I ask him if he has been educated to the correct level in dentistry using systemic indoctrination and he says no , and says his intellectual capacity more than compensates I will be out of the door like a shot. 

A lot of people say things like they 'went to the university of life'.

My reply is, "I did too, I found out how crap it was so I went to a real university as well".

5 hours ago, LoongFred said:

You said,"Being around falangs who know little about Thailand and only complain is a drag."

know I feel the same way, I filter them out and only keep in contact with non-moaning farangs, you seem to think that type does not exist?

On 2/24/2022 at 7:52 PM, Cabra said:

You still have to be crazy or brave to want to come to Thailand, or and other destination, with these kinds of idiotic rules and scams (e.g., forced covid insurance for fully vaccinated travellers). And most tourist are not.

Ruin my vacation before I board a flight (hopefully having all fully refundable and changeable bookings, or having bought travel insurance), and I can reset and try again later at little additional cost.

Ruin my vacation after I already arrived, and force me into 10 quarantine, now I'm out of pocket for everything with no recourse, and no R&R. No thanks!

It's your call, but you can get travel insurance that covers Covid diagnosis and the cancellations that follow.

6 hours ago, JamesR said:

Great, so when I go to a dentist I have never been to before and I ask him if he has been educated to the correct level in dentistry using systemic indoctrination and he says no , and says his intellectual capacity more than compensates I will be out of the door like a shot. 

A lot of people say things like they 'went to the university of life'.

My reply is, "I did too, I found out how crap it was so I went to a real university as well".

I find your comment humorously yet sadly defensive and confirmation of my perception. If I visit such as a Dentist it would be for professional services without expectations of social conviviality as was/is the context of my original comment.

2 hours ago, Politenessman said:

It's your call, but you can get travel insurance that covers Covid diagnosis and the cancellations that follow.

If I'm a tourist, having to sit out my holiday in quarantine because I tested positive on arrival is a lot different than being denied boarding my flight because I tested positive. The former ruins my holiday, the later simple postpones it. Testing on arrival is a tourism killer (it certain does not encourage tourist).

16 hours ago, Convert54 said:

I find your comment humorously yet sadly defensive and confirmation of my perception. If I visit such as a Dentist it would be for professional services without expectations of social conviviality as was/is the context of my original comment.

Your perception is flawed.

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:14 AM, keith74 said:

I have already pre-booked my entry for the 3rd march does this apply to me or do i need to still do the day 5 as it is attached to my thaipass requirement approval..?

I have approached my day 5 hotel and they have refused to refund or even credit me for a future stay....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

Please can you tell me how to confirm my negative day 5 atk test? The qr codes on the pack are not recognised when scanning on morchana app ("wrong data") and there is no unique number, etc on the box.

Also, our hotel has still arranged for a nurse to come even thought it's not required. 

Thank you 

D