News Forum - MP sheds light on high-profile human trafficking case, head officer in exile in Australia

Thaiger

The story of a major human trafficking case involving Rohingya people being trafficked through Thailand and to the Malaysian border was brought back to light after an MP told another side of the story. During a general debate in parliament, he discussed how a former police officer, who is now living in exile in Australia, led the investigation which then led to the arrests of 75 people. The investigation started in 2015 when security forces found a camp in Songkhla which housed Rohingya migrants who are said to be victims of a human trafficking gang. Mass graves with the bodies […]

The story MP sheds light on high-profile human trafficking case, head officer in exile in Australia as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

28 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The story of a major human trafficking case involving Rohingya people being trafficked through Thailand and to the Malaysian border was brought back to light after an MP told another side of the story. During a general debate in parliament, he discussed how a former police officer, who is now living in exile in Australia, led the investigation which then led to the arrests of 75 people. The investigation started in 2015 when security forces found a camp in Songkhla which housed Rohingya migrants who are said to be victims of a human trafficking gang. Mass graves with the bodies […]

The story MP sheds light on high-profile human trafficking case, head officer in exile in Australia as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sure these gangsters and criminals doesn't want human rights. This will be now casrs for the UN, Den Haag, Geneva for international investigations and Interpol to catch them. Now is also clear their moves against amnesty international, so all who are involved in this moves are now on the international radar. Soon or later the world gets them or maybe North Korea gives them asylum because in other countries they will catch them like they always catched all who ended up in the courts in Den Hague.

• Like 1

What happened with does “high profile” figures behind the whole scheme? This is the real question Thai people and foreigners  need answers for. I have an answer for my self…..nothing!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can only hope this stays in the headlines until answers can be found. 

555 and pigs might fly. Acceptable scapegoats  have been convicted, it was “only” Burmese people and the MP making these claims didn’t dare to mention any names so it will all be dismissed as a political smear campaign. Remember the Blue Diamond affair? 1 cop jailed (out now) despite 6 known murders and millions of dollars of jewelry gone and 30 years of economic loss from Saudi. “Wait, wait and no have problem.”

• Like 2

Is it just me, or are there more than ever media stories about corruption in Thailand - past and present. There was always this thing and later that thing, but it seems that the stories are never ending. This could be a good thing - corruption can only be addressed when it is subjected to the harsh light of truth. The Red Bull embarrassment will not go away, and Joe Ferrari made international headlines and will also not go away.  Long may this trend continue.   

21 minutes ago, Fanta said:

555 and pigs might fly. Acceptable scapegoats  have been convicted, it was “only” Burmese people and the MP making these claims didn’t dare to mention any names so it will all be dismissed as a political smear campaign. Remember the Blue Diamond affair? 1 cop jailed (out now) despite 6 known murders and millions of dollars of jewelry gone and 30 years of economic loss from Saudi. “Wait, wait and no have problem.”

This case was already recorded by Malaysian officials and international organisations, when they found this mass graves but they didn't knew who was behind it but this is now in another light and in was also on soil abroad. And the witness who made the invistigation is in Australia. Be assured that Australian officials will send all the details to the UN, Den Hague, Interpol etc etc who are dealing with such incidents. 

4 hours ago, Stardust said:

This case …. snipped for brevity. 

So? The witness ran for his life and I greatly doubt that he’s as delighted as he claims to be that this has all been dragged back into the open again.  And there’s the minor problem of evidence. The convicted traffickers won’t offer any assistance to foreigners for reasons of their own. And Thailand agreeing to extradite their “high value” citizens to an international court for trial would be a first. I hope I am wrong in believing that this will all be ignored or explained away as political shenanigans until it blows over but history tells me otherwise. We will see. In a decade or so.