Australian man arrested for alleged child sex abuse in Thai border town

Thaiger

After being on the run for 6 months, an Australian man who allegedly sexually assaulted Burmese children in the Tak’s Mae Sot district near the Myanmar border was arrested. A warrant had been issued for Adam James Fox back in December of last year after he failed to show up to court. Adam had been arrested in March of last year on charges of child sex abuse and was granted bail by the Court of Appeal. Adam is also facing deportation as his visa is expired. Adam even admitted to skipping his trial in a video he posted on his […]

The post Australian man arrested for alleged child sex abuse in Thai border town appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Despicable and vile (?person?). Should be hung by the balls for a week and then face the same treatment from the fellow prisoners as their (?crime?) and subsequently left to die. This modus operandi should apply to all rapists et al.

6 hours ago, Kim said:

Despicable and vile (?person?). Should be hung by the balls for a week and then face the same treatment from the fellow prisoners as their (?crime?) and subsequently left to die. This modus operandi should apply to all rapists et al.

i agree  and left for street dogs to feed on

Anyone who is stupid enough to do this in these countries should be remanded in custody until their trial so they can't skip bail and do a runner. If the post was correct in the details of the boys in his room and another room he rents for them, then I'm afraid he bought it all on himself. It's alright to help these children, but be in the company of adults at all times so no one can accuse them of doing wrong. Or give to certain places that help them, maybe stick to clothes and food stuffs. 

• Like 2

On 6/15/2021 at 8:56 PM, Kim said:

How have you decided he's guilty?  There is almost nothing to go on in the story.

47 minutes ago, Augratin said:

How have you decided he's guilty?

A fair question.

Hi, Augratin and welcome to T-T!

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

KC

If guilty then he will receive more than 'due punishment' in gaol. If innocent and he was being naïve and stupid, then I sure hope he gets found not guilty as he will be punished severely.  As another poster stated - never ever do too much and put yourself in a position of being sued/charged.  Unfortunately in Thailand the criminal justice system is not 'best practice' (I can but will not say anymore). 

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Augratin said:

How have you decided he's guilty?  There is almost nothing to go on in the story.

If a warrant for his arrest has been issued, then I assume there is solid evidence. How have you decided he is not guilty?

Funny how you always point out when a news story concerns a foreigner, and always include their nationality.  But when a Thai does the same thing, it's not mentioned at all.  Reminds me of my mother—"I'm not racist"—who always let people know if someone she was talking about was black, but if she said nothing about race, he was white.