News Forum - Adorable baby turtles hatch in Phang Nga national park

Thaiger

A female green turtle laid eggs on a beach in Phang Nga province in December, and last week, her adorable babies hatched. The turtle laid 75 eggs altogether, and park officials confirmed yesterday that 66 had hatched and have been released into the ocean. Seven eggs were unfertilised, and two baby turtles had died. The 90.7% of hatchlings that survived spent a total of 58 days incubating. Officials of the Lampi-Hat Thai Mueang National Park said they discovered the eggs had hatched on Friday. Before that, they had noticed on Wednesday that some of the sand in the turtle’s nest […]

The story Adorable baby turtles hatch in Phang Nga national park as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Good job they weren't crushedasians.

I like the bit about laying eggs on the beach .. if a bird tried that she'd probably get arrested .. 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

I like the bit about laying eggs on the beach .. if a bird tried that she'd probably get arrested .. 

What . . . even a shag 🤔 ?  ( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . or common cormorant)

• Haha 1

Years back, I was doing a job on a remote Indonesian island in the eastern part of the country. My work mates and I had a day off, so we spent the time copiously drinking the local hooch in a bamboo hut in the middle of the island. 

The nice lady who owned the hut asked if we were hungry and offered to cook us a meal. Naturally, as you do, we said 'yes' and she came back with bowls full of rice, veggies and meat. It was amazing! The best meal that I have ever had; imagine a 'Super Seafood Steak Chicken Combo'. We all scarfed it down quickly and then asked what it was. She told us, but even though we all spoke Indonesian quite well, none of us understood, so the nice lady took our hands, led to the back of the hut and showed us a giant turtle shell that had been freshly... er... ahem... cleaned. 

Uhm...

Okay, yes, I know, don't eat giant turtles as they are a protected species, but it still is probably the tastiest meal that I have ever had.

• Like 1