News Forum - Test and Go might extend to land and sea tourists, cruise ships

Thaiger

1 hour ago, ace035 said:

I've seen that all your COVID coverages already last week, thanks for the info..I'll get Trawick in the foreseeable future if they don't get rid off that Day 1 and Day 5 PCR test on quarantine. The only concern is if I pop positive for covid while asymptomatic, mild symptoms or not sick at all. Do I have to pay upfront at the hospital? then reimburse you when submit the claim or does trawick takes care of all and pay the hospital? 

I actually don't know. You can go onto their website I believe you can download their full terms and conditions. I suspect it will be a determination at the hospital. They're certainly not going to deny you access... and the financial would be worked out by their billing department while you are there. If you are going to the hospital there will be plenty of time to work out the payment. I was going to use my rewards credit card and get the cash back on my credit card and then pay off my credit card with the insurance money... if a cash requirement were ever to be asked up front. I think I get 2 or 3% cash back... so no problem. For a $3000.00 hospital bill, that works out to about 60-90 dollars free money for me. Or a isolation hotel, would be the same scenario. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

3rd test negative. I suppose I am free now?

Unless the person sitting near you on the flight tests positive on their day 5.

13 hours ago, Cg66 said:

They have been saying for ages that 9 out of 10 people testing positive haven’t enough virus in them to infect anyone else

Got a source for that? Or is it just your opinion... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Stonker said:

Seeing the steady death tolls and hospital cases in countries that have removed restrictions prematurely, and that the majority of the population still haven't had two effective (mRNA) jabs, let alone three, let's hope so.

Exactly right. Covid rates are going up fast and now is not the time to reduce restrictions. Everytime things get easier the rates rise. At this rate of increase we'll see the red line of 30k reached before April 13th. At the same time some are advocating for less testing and opening up. Probably in their own self interest, what about the interest of the Thais. 

Hopefully hotspots like bars and entertainment will stay closed or well throttled down.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bart said:

If I understand it correctly, you would get tested on the ship, wait in your cabin. If you test positive you're not even allowed to come ashore. I guess you'd be isolated in your cabin and recover on board unless the onboard medical facilities can't handle the situation.

Not sure how they'd arrange for the samples to get to a lab. I guess they'd have dock overnight in Thailand.

As to the Thailand Pass, staff on the ship should have all the information needed to arrange it for their passengers.

As there is no clear information how they want to handle it sounds like gambling and a risky adventure to go off board. I read nothing how it would be handled yet, but maybe you have more information.

I'm just wanting to use the Nong Khai/Vientiane bridge. A company is handling my entry in Lao but coming back I've yet to do the "Thailand Pass". The border is open if you are willing to do a week locked up in Nong Khai coming back at present. I live in Udon, have for 12 yrs., yea right like I'm going to be locked up an hour's drive away for a week. Lao tried that tour group thing, they got one, from Korea. They weren't free to roam. Tour group will not work over here either. Where to do think the people would come from? Lao people aren't coming to Nong Khai/Udon for sightseeing, they come to shop. Thailand needs to wake up and get with the program. You have to test before coming, then test again as soon as you cross the border and then again on the 5th day even if one could cross the border under the present scam scheme. Give me a break. 

Cruise ships can stay at sea, floating covid breeders.

15 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I went on one cruise 

Kind of hated it....

My friend said it best about stopping I'm port's and having set times to go out

He said it felt like he was going to work  😀

Passengers are the worst cargo there is.
If I ever would take a cruise it would be on a small ship, a sailing vessel and to Northern regions, like Alaska or the Hurtigruten (postboat) along the Norvegian coast.

7 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Hopefully hotspots like bars and entertainment will stay closed or well throttled down.

Just phoned to my friend in a small village in Issaan, Province of Khon Kaen but closer to the town of Loei. About 30 people have covid for the moment, and they expect many more in a few days as they all went together to a funeral. They don't have bars and entertainment. The biggest entertainment is buying food on the market.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ace035 said:

the only problem is they'll send you to hospital via ambulance if popped positive & have to pay upfront of at least B100K even for asymptomatic.

Completely and totally untrue, as has been explained here with the specifics countless times.

• Like 1