News Forum - Ex-husband stabs ex-wife’s new man in Sri Racha, Chon Buri province

Thaiger

The end of a relationship can be messy. One certainly was messy in Chon Buri province when, on Thursday night, an ex-husband stabbed his ex-wife’s new boyfriend after an argument. The ex-wife, Sukanya, told police her ex-husband “broke up with” her about a month ago, though it’s not clear if he officially filed for divorce. Sukanya said her ex and their son came to her house to get some of his clothes and belongings he left. Her new boyfriend was at the house when they came. Sukanya said the two men immediately began to argue, leading to a physical fight. […]

The story Ex-husband stabs ex-wife’s new man in Sri Racha, Chon Buri province as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

My ex-husband [Eakkachai] was the first person to attack with a knife, slashing and stabbing my current significant other [Khemmarat] before speeding away.” 

So ex husband stabbed new boyfriend, and new boyfriend stabbed ex husband? 

4 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Never underestimate the fragility of the male ego in Thailand

In Asia not just Thailand. But in the Philippines if a husband or wife comes home to find their partner with somebody else and loses it and kills one or both of them then as long as it happens straight away in the passion of the moment then no crime has been committed and any charges of murder or manslaughter etc. will be dismissed. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

In Asia not just Thailand. But in the Philippines if a husband or wife comes home to find their partner with somebody else and loses it and kills one or both of them then as long as it happens straight away in the passion of the moment then no crime has been committed and any charges of murder or manslaughter etc. will be dismissed. 

Same in UK. A person I knew locally came home and found his wife in bed with another man who dressed hastily and left. He then strangled his wife. Apart from about a year awaiting trial in remand he was then released with charges cleared.

2 hours ago, SkipsPa said:

Same in UK. A person I knew locally came home and found his wife in bed with another man who dressed hastily and left. He then strangled his wife. Apart from about a year awaiting trial in remand he was then released with charges cleared.

That’s weird, I don’t believe the UK has such laws like the Philippines.

Any homicide which happens “in the heat of passion” anywhere in the world will carry a lesser sentence that premeditated murder obviously, but I don’t believe in the UK you can get away with killing someone just because he/she was cheating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

Any homicide which happens “in the heat of passion” anywhere in the world will carry a lesser sentence that premeditated murder obviously, but I don’t believe in the UK you can get away with killing someone just because he/she was cheating. 

Perhaps on top there was cultural habit involved?

More and more to see, these days, in p.c. judgements of courts! No discrimination of minorities, better bend the law "a bit'

I feel saddest  for the child who had to witness this brawl. I hope the child gets some qualified counselling. I imagine the child would be traumatised by this fight. I'd hate to think the child will grow up thinking this is how a mature man settles his differences. 

21 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The end of a relationship can be messy. One certainly was messy in Chon Buri province when, on Thursday night, an ex-husband stabbed his ex-wife’s new boyfriend after an argument. The ex-wife, Sukanya, told police her ex-husband “broke up with” her about a month ago, though it’s not clear if he officially filed for divorce. Sukanya said her ex and their son came to her house to get some of his clothes and belongings he left. Her new boyfriend was at the house when they came. Sukanya said the two men immediately began to argue, leading to a physical fight. […]

The story Ex-husband stabs ex-wife’s new man in Sri Racha, Chon Buri province as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I guess the take away is that he still loves her. Most people not in love, don't resort to stabbing. 

There may still be some hope that they can work things out. Love conquers all....even a stabbing. 

14 hours ago, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

I guess they considered time in remand + his remorse was sufficient.

• Like 1