News Forum - Expats want to leave Hong Kong- but that’s an expensive thing to do

Thaiger

After two years of Covid-19 restrictions and political crackdowns in Hong Kong, expats there want to leave. But doing that costs a lot of money in shipping, and pet relocations. It’s not just finances that keep Hong Kong Expats from moving. People who move often have to wait months after shipping their belongings to actually receive them. Hong Kong has also banned flights from nine countries, including the US and UK. Shipping things out of Hong Kong is a nightmare. It costs HK$150,000 to ship a 20-foot container from Hong Kong to the UK. One professor who plans to move […]

The story Expats want to leave Hong Kong- but that’s an expensive thing to do as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

A private jet for her pets? She's got more money than sense. Thats the cost of idiocy instead of practicality.

She likely doesn't have any other choice, Hong Kong has restricted a massive amount of flights in and out.

So there probably isn't any flights and a lot of countries are still restricting pet movement

I wanted to take my dog to US last year from Canada and it wasn't allowed due to covid restrictions

Plus, Hong Kong is a real pain in the ass when it comes to shipping dogs, and that was in normal times.

The biggest hurdle I had when I moved my dog to Thailand from the US, was getting the permit in Hong Kong just to have him transferred to my connecting flight, he never left the airport tarmac

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

After two years of Covid-19 restrictions and political crackdowns in Hong Kong, expats there want to leave. But doing that costs a lot of money in shipping, and pet relocations. It’s not just finances that keep Hong Kong Expats from moving. People who move often have to wait months after shipping their belongings to actually receive them. Hong Kong has also banned flights from nine countries, including the US and UK. Shipping things out of Hong Kong is a nightmare. It costs HK$150,000 to ship a 20-foot container from Hong Kong to the UK. One professor who plans to move […]

The story Expats want to leave Hong Kong- but that’s an expensive thing to do as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sounds like the things she owns own her.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Poolie said:

A private jet for her pets? She's got more money than sense. Thats the cost of idiocy instead of practicality.

It is unlikely, that she gets a private jet for a 11-12h flight for 60k .

(30k+ for the dogs, on top of what she don't need for the container, then, all can go into the plane,  methinks)

Lets say she pays 8k minimum per hour flight time, that would make it 90k. Unless she expects people to share minimum this 30k, ..... And realistic would be more 10+k/h

Already there that story doesn't end up at all, imho.

Oh, wait, she nay not need first ckass tickets for herself? Another 5k "saved". But still ....

• Like 1

people fleeing hong kong dues to restrictions!!yep!!people sick and tired of all the b/s!!! the thai govt should  see whats coming to thailand as well.but i doubt they will.they will keep dropping one half of some b/s restriction then add back two more,until they run everyone away from thailand as they tell the working people in thailand they are trying soooo hard to get tourtist to come. its time to live without being in imposed fear of your life each day!!if youve had your shots,and then get covid its most time like a cold or mild flu.my brother here in usa got covid  last week.he had  all his shots,so when he went to the doctor they gave him some  pills,two diff type ,sent him home right after doc visit  ''no hospital needed'' and next day was better.third day he said he felt  just fine,just sniffles.hes 79 years old!!!with daibetes!!!! i know of many cases the same  here. its time to stop the money grabs!!thai wanting you to buy insurance which they know 99.9% of any one coming there with both shots and booster, even if test  pos.will not be in a hospital,but gets meds and  be locked in for 7 to 14 days!thats a stright rip off!! why charge all for this no good,not needed insurance?that maybe 1/10 of one % ''might use''.also those hotel booking to take a simple test that should and can be done at the airport. more and more who  ''were''coming to thailand see this and read of the rip offs and are not coming.not now,not for new year,and not till scams stop. even tourtist compaines are tell tourtist not to book to thailand. so more and more are booking  new zeland, indo,phillipines,south america,viet nam, uk and usa,mexico,so many other places where you can enjoy a vacation with out all the b/s.no fear of being watched to see when your mask is  pulled down so the police can fleece you for  10,000 baht or more.all these restrictions  make this not a vacation spot,but a high priced jail. more and more countries are starting to open up with out the b/s!so plan accordingly.

19 hours ago, Poolie said:

Bet she doesn't have a husband...

Dear God my heart bleeds for this poor unfortunate woman and the truly traumatic dramas in her life.

My apologises pet lovers but.........

She needs a swift kick in the rear and her well fed pets sent down to the local wet market.

18 hours ago, Guest1 said:

It is unlikely, that she gets a private jet for a 11-12h flight for 60k .

Maybe 4 return flights ….. with 1 pet each time cheaper? Or is her time more valuable. 

26 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Maybe 4 return flights ….. with 1 pet each time cheaper? Or is her time more valuable. 

Thought about that, too. Or about family, friends,  visiting, but :

Arrivals from overseas:

1. Undergo compulsory quarantine for 14 days in a designated quarantine hotel;
  2. Undergo 6 tests during compulsory quarantine(1) (professional swab sampling)

On 2/18/2022 at 1:59 AM, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

White Women's Problems