Thunderstorms and Rainfall over Bangkok

FrankoSeven

Since I'm nearly hitted by a lightning when I was young, I'm a big fan of Thunderstorms and strong rainfalls. Every time when an natural spectacle nature like this happend in Bangkok it looks spectacular. The lightnings, the sound, the strong rain and the flooded streets... I saw several Youtubevideos and some of them are awesome. One day I filmed from my balcony in Bangkok a thunderstorm at night and it was really impressive.

I can recall the days standing with my dad in the neighbors field watching the storms come in...love them.  Your video is wonderful...what did you shoot that with?

Thank you very much. I use a Sony a6400 with a 50mm F1.8 Lense on a tripod. I filmed over 40minutes and speed up the time when nothing happen in the skies. I posted the video on youtube but I was not excited with the quality because the video was a bit noisy. It's a common problem when you make videos at night. So I hide the video and edit it completly new till I was happy with the result. The noise in the Video is nearly completly gone now and I post the enhanced version.

• 4 weeks later...

I can remember a return flight back to Aus from Don Mueang, before the new airport, A massive thunder storm rolled over the airport and delayed us for 2 hours, Thai Air gave us free maccas or KFC, but what stuck with me was the volume of water overflowing the building guttering, you could see it through the windows, just torrents of water cascading down, and the guttering appeared to be about 2 feet deep, it was huuuuuge.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2022 at 10:52 PM, FrankoSeven said:

Since I'm nearly hitted by a lightning when I was young, I'm a big fan of Thunderstorms and strong rainfalls. Every time when an natural spectacle nature like this happend in Bangkok it looks spectacular. The lightnings, the sound, the strong rain and the flooded streets... I saw several Youtubevideos and some of them are awesome. One day I filmed from my balcony in Bangkok a thunderstorm at night and it was really impressive.

How does nearly being hitted by lightning make you a fan?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good question :)
As long as the thunderstorm isn't directly overhead, I really enjoy it. Watching a thunderstorm from afar is spectacular. I'm already looking forward to recording the next thunderstorm. Filming the lightning over the Bangkok skyline from a high floor is quite extraordinary

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 4:37 AM, FrankoSeven said:

Good question :)
As long as the thunderstorm isn't directly overhead, I really enjoy it. Watching a thunderstorm from afar is spectacular. I'm already looking forward to recording the next thunderstorm. Filming the lightning over the Bangkok skyline from a high floor is quite extraordinary

I love thunderstorms too.  Nice being on the ground when they develop. My soi floods very quickly during heavy rain.

• Like 1