News Forum - Top paediatrician says 2 doses of mRNA vaccine enough to protect children

Thaiger

One of Thailand’s top paediatricians says there’s no need to give children a cocktail of an inactivated vaccine dose and an mRNA dose. Instead, Somsak Lolekha from the Paediatric Society of Thailand says 2 doses of an mRNA vaccine are enough to protect children from becoming severely ill with Covid-19. He adds that booster doses are not necessary for most children, with the exception of those with underlying health conditions, whose immunity may be compromised. Thailand’s Public Health Ministry has previously recommended that children between the ages of 12 and 17 be given a mix of 1 dose of Sinovac […]

The story Top paediatrician says 2 doses of mRNA vaccine enough to protect children as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

For a few months, then continued boosters for additional pharma profits protection, or whatever story happens to suit whatever vaccines we have on hand.

• Like 1

Protect them from what, unless they have a serious illness, the average age of covid fatalities is still over 80 years old. Im gonna stick with sinovac for my next vaccines again, no side effects apart from a sore arm and i still haven't had covid. Seems to work to me, maybe someone should have another look at their data.

With Omicron it does seem to be hitting children more. 

OK so over all with all the varients it's still elderly and those with health issues that are hit more, but as Omicron is the main varient right now then we need to try and protect our children. 

There is also the issue for children of no vaccine no school. My children have not been allowed to go to school for a year now. 

3 hours ago, alex12345 said:

Protect them from what, unless they have a serious illness, the average age of covid fatalities is still over 80 years old. Im gonna stick with sinovac for my next vaccines again, no side effects apart from a sore arm and i still haven't had covid. Seems to work to me, maybe someone should have another look at their data.

How about protect them from MIS-C that the develops months after having been infected with Covid-19 in unvaccinated kids for a start, and protect them from severe disease and death from Covid-19 which still happens and how about protect them from lung damage and long covid which also still happens. Sure these things are all individually rare but they all happen and are preventable with simple vaccinations. 

4 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

How about protect them from MIS-C that the develops months after having been infected with Covid-19 in unvaccinated kids for a start, and protect them from severe disease and death from Covid-19 which still happens and how about protect them from lung damage and long covid which also still happens. Sure these things are all individually rare but they all happen and are preventable with simple vaccinations. 

6 hours ago, PompeyLlama said:

With Omicron it does seem to be hitting children more. 

OK so over all with all the varients it's still elderly and those with health issues that are hit more, but as Omicron is the main varient right now then we need to try and protect our children. 

There is also the issue for children of no vaccine no school. My children have not been allowed to go to school for a year now. 

Exactly - children are increasingly affected.

The idea that the only ill effect of Covid is death so there's nothing to worry about is naive, and that's putting it very mildly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alex12345 said:

Seems to work to me, maybe someone should have another look at their data.

Well, it must be all right then ... just think how much time and effort could have been saved with all the trials ...