News Forum - 15 passengers denied entry at Philippines airport over vaccine certificates

Thaiger

Following its reopening of borders to fully-vaccinated visitors last week, the Philippines immigration reportedly denied entry to 15 Malaysians due to their vaccination in Malaysia yesterday. Their passports are reportedly being held and they will be deported from the Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport tomorrow. A passenger told The Star reporters that the Philippines immigration officials did not accept the Malaysian digital vaccine certificate. The vaccine certificate is on the MySejahtera smartphone application and authorities in the Philippines said it was not valid proof of vaccination, the passenger said. He continued that they were being forced to sleep on benches […]

The story 15 passengers denied entry at Philippines airport over vaccine certificates as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

14 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Philippines immigration officials did not accept the Malaysian digital vaccine certificate.

Is the app that rudimentary or is it a language issue?

• Like 2

That's interesting... USA (sans a few states) does not even have an app., just a flimsy paper card that most people just take a photo of (and can be easily forged) 🤔 guess is they just can't read Sanskrit

Edited by Cabra

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

That's interesting... USA (sans a few states) does not even have an app., just a flimsy paper card that most people just take a photo of (and can be easily forged) 🤔 guess is they just can't read Sanskrit

Malaysia doesn't use Sanskrit.

• Like 3

On my app there's a QR code on the digital certificate that takes you straight to the MoH website verifying the vaccination. 

Doesn't the Malaysian app do something similar, or is there some rule that you have to have a hard copy?

Seems very strange. 

People need to wake up, whatever local vaccination certificate or card you have does not mean anything for international travel (take note Americans with "rights"). To enter another country you need a duly authorised internationally recognised vaccination certificate. In most countries you need to apply to whatever authority is responsible for vaccination certification to get one. A lot of countries have an app especially for this but it's not the same app that you use to check in to local businesses. Also travellers need to be aware that these international certificates are not necessarily recognised by local systems in countries that you visit. As a result when a non European traveller arrives in Europe they may need to apply for a local vaccination recognition so that they can then get a local check-in app to visit restaurants etc. This goes for other nations as well. The best thing to do is to carry a hard copy of your International vaccination certificate with your passport as well as having whatever international certification app you may or may not have on your phone. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cabra said:

You can't travel internationally with any of that junk, you need to apply to your state or federal vaccination register for an certified international certificate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

People need to wake up, whatever local vaccination certificate or card you have does not mean anything for international travel (take note Americans with "rights"). To enter another country you need a duly authorised internationally recognised vaccination certificate. In most countries you need to apply to whatever authority is responsible for vaccination certification to get one. A lot of countries have an app especially for this but it's not the same app that you use to check in to local businesses. Also travellers need to be aware that these international certificates are not necessarily recognised by local systems in countries that you visit. As a result when a non European traveller arrives in Europe they may need to apply for a local vaccination recognition so that they can then get a local check-in app to visit restaurants etc. This goes for other nations as well. The best thing to do is to carry a hard copy of your International vaccination certificate with your passport as well as having whatever international certification app you may or may not have on your phone. 

Yeah and all this crap even although vaccinated you can just as well carry and transmit the virus. What's the point?? App for this, App for that... So in this case, they stopped 15 people that were perhaps not infected for entering the country cause they did not have the right App, while they let in all the others cause they had the right App although some of them might well be infected and therefore will spread the virus in that country... What sense does this make? Will the world ever go back to rationalilty?

• Thanks 1

Poor guys sleeping on the bench. I do hope they are allowed entry soon. Others from Singapore or UK are allowed entry...that speaks so much about reputation coming from the countries

10 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

You can't travel internationally with any of that junk, you need to apply to your state or federal vaccination register for an certified international certificate. 

Not true. I've traveled to Mexico and Thailand with that junk

6 hours ago, Manu said:

Yeah and all this crap even although vaccinated you can just as well carry and transmit the virus. What's the point?? App for this, App for that... So in this case, they stopped 15 people that were perhaps not infected for entering the country cause they did not have the right App, while they let in all the others cause they had the right App although some of them might well be infected and therefore will spread the virus in that country... What sense does this make? Will the world ever go back to rationalilty?

Rubbish you have to be tested before departure before going there

23 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

Rubbish you have to be tested before departure before going there

Well then what is the point of the App? If the tests are to be trusted, shouldn't it then be enough? Why was it not enough for these 15 people who also had a negative test required to get to Honk Kong?...

...but of course, as we can see in Thailand for example, many people arriving with one of these tests do get tested positive on their first test on arrival then end in quarantine in a hotel for 10 days (it happened to my friend 6 weeks ago).

So my point stands, not sure you really got it.

"Rubbish"? Well not that much. You lost another opportunity to keep stum.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2022 at 2:34 PM, Manu said:

Well then what is the point of the App? If the tests are to be trusted, shouldn't it then be enough? Why was it not enough for these 15 people who also had a negative test required to get to Honk Kong?...

...but of course, as we can see in Thailand for example, many people arriving with one of these tests do get tested positive on their first test on arrival then end in quarantine in a hotel for 10 days (it happened to my friend 6 weeks ago).

So my point stands, not sure you really got it.

"Rubbish"? Well not that much. You lost another opportunity to keep stum.

For a start the app is to show vaccination status it doesn't have anything to do with testing. You have no point. You don't even know what you are talking about the story is about the Philippines not Hong Kong or Thailand. 

Edited by Smithydog
Unnecessary disparaging comments removed

2 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

For a start the app is to show vaccination status it doesn't have anything to do with testing. You have no point. You don't even know what you are talking about the story is about the Philippines not Hong Kong or Thailand. 

Yeah you did not get the point. The point in my original post you felt the urge to react to, which you moved on with words and stuff (yeah stuff, nothing else more specific) I am not sure what it is all about. Not related to your original view to my original point. That was about...forget it. Useless conversation indeed. Take it easy .

2 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

Just realised Thad you also used bad language to make whatever point you feel there is, deleted by the thaiger, back to my original point of course. I raised my case. My point stands. Stop hating people for no reason, try to love them by simply understanding them, it can be quite rewarding. Makes life easier for sure.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 3:30 AM, Cabra said:

Some states are beginning to provide QR codes. Nevada, where I live, recently updated it's website to show CV vax records with an accompanying QR code.

• Like 1