News Forum - Thai-Malaysia border to re-open from next month

Thaiger

The Thai government says it will re-open the country’s border with Malaysia from next month, in an effort to kickstart the recovery of tourism and the economy in the southern provinces. According to a Bangkok Post report, spokeswoman Rachada Dhnadirek says PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered the CCSA to work with the tourism and sports emergency operation centre on Covid-19 mitigation measures. According to the report, the government plans to re-open border checkpoints in Songkhla, Yala, Narathiwat and Satun. Thailand plans to implement a travel bubble arrangement with Malaysia, under which vaccinated tourists could arrive under the Test & Go […]

The story Thai-Malaysia border to re-open from next month as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Given the similarity in numbers, health officials do not consider the border re-opening to pose a significant risk. 

ok,  first I am not sure, if I have found the last and actual data, but it seems that right now the numbers  in Malaysia are more as double as high, as in Thailand. At least, if someone takes into account, that Malaysia has less than half the pooulation of Thailand.

So I will not start holding my breath.

About both, neither that borders will be opening, nor that it wont have an negative  intake to the numbers in Thailand.

56 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand plans to implement a travel bubble arrangement with Malaysia, under which vaccinated tourists could arrive under the Test & Go entry scheme without having to quarantine. Rachada says they will still be required to take 2 PCR tests following their arrival, however.

So what's the difference between this "travel bubble" and Test and go?

When all countries around Thailand and even Australia is opening up then Thailand will not be attravtive for tourist. With all the requirements of 3 PCR test, 2 hotel bookings, additional insurance and all the red tape paperwork Thailand is not attractive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bike said:

I don't think that means what some people seem to think it means.  They are still not issuing tourist visas as far as I know. 

Edited by samiam123

1 hour ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

So what's the difference between this "travel bubble" and Test and go?

No need for quarantine hotel stay day 1 & 5

1 hour ago, Noble_Design said:

No need for quarantine hotel stay day 1 & 5

So the tourists from "bubble countries" are less likely to dodge the day 1&5 PCR tests then... ?

1 hour ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

So the tourists from "bubble countries" are less likely to dodge the day 1&5 PCR tests then... ?

I don't know but my guess is the tendency for Malaysians to dodge the PCR tests would be just like tourists from any other countries.