News Forum - Thailands new long term 10 year visa for wealthy foreigners & Digital nomads

Thaiger

https://youtu.be/QA2GepI27Jo Thailand is offering new long term 10 year visa for wealthy foreigners and digital nomads. What are the specifics and regulations regarding this visa? Is it going to be similar to the smart visa plan? Where do the digital nomads fit in all of this? Tim sits with Ben Hart from Integrity legal to find out more.

The story Thailands new long term 10 year visa for wealthy foreigners & Digital nomads as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Oh that old chestnut....again??....really??....I mean really??. Talk about flogging a dead horse!! Now if you could just get rid of the Thailand Pass system....

21 hours ago, Thaiger said:

https://youtu.be/QA2GepI27Jo Thailand is offering new long term 10 year visa for wealthy foreigners and digital nomads. What are the specifics and regulations regarding this visa? Is it going to be similar to the smart visa plan? Where do the digital nomads fit in all of this? Tim sits with Ben Hart from Integrity legal to find out more.

The story Thailands new long term 10 year visa for wealthy foreigners & Digital nomads as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I think it's really clever. Highly productive DN will have no problem with the financials, however the hangers on won't qualify and have no choice but do border runs or other things to stay. I expect Thai immigration to crack down back to back land boarder extensions like in the past.

The new requirements are pretty much in line with other non o visa requirements.

9 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I think it's really clever. Highly productive DN will have no problem with the financials, however the hangers on won't qualify and have no choice but do border runs or other things to stay. I expect Thai immigration to crack down back to back land boarder extensions like in the past.

The new requirements are pretty much in line with other non o visa requirements.

You clearly have never even watched the video Fred. Once again you are just using a story with a tenuous link to financials to embark on one of your vitriolic rants about low income people. You need to stop it mate or go to another forum. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

You clearly have never even watched the video Fred. Once again you are just using a story with a tenuous link to financials to embark on one of your vitriolic rants about low income people. You need to stop it mate or go to another forum. 

No I did watch it. I also believe that people who come here and want to work must have the means to do it legally.  Some DN probably do pretty good and good for them. They are the high skilled and prosperous people that can help Thailand. Others don't.  It's not saying that people can't come for a 30 or 60 visa , but staying long term requires more.  I'd say the same for phoney education visas studying Thai or Thai boxing. Many were simply fronts to get visa with no learning.  I have nothing against genuine learning places, but fake visa mills should be shut down.

Sorry but we disagree. 

2 hours ago, LoongFred said:

No I did watch it. I also believe that people who come here and want to work must have the means to do it legally.  Some DN probably do pretty good and good for them. They are the high skilled and prosperous people that can help Thailand. Others don't.  It's not saying that people can't come for a 30 or 60 visa , but staying long term requires more.  I'd say the same for phoney education visas studying Thai or Thai boxing. Many were simply fronts to get visa with no learning.  I have nothing against genuine learning places, but fake visa mills should be shut down.

Sorry but we disagree. 

I’m not sure we do disagree but you seem to think so. 

Im not sure why you are against law abiding people who will live here and spend 60,000-100,000 a month being allowed to do so. The borders of Thailand are just lines on a map which have changed many times We are all from planet earth aren’t we?  Well maybe not…

56 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I’m not sure we do disagree but you seem to think so. 

Im not sure why you are against law abiding people who will live here and spend 60,000-100,000 a month being allowed to do so. The borders of Thailand are just lines on a map which have changed many times We are all from planet earth aren’t we?  Well maybe not…

Not sure what you are trying to say. People spending 65k per should be able to make themselves legal, under the new proposal and aren't begpackers (my guess). However you lost me about borders and we're all from earth. That sounds very woke and globalist to me. 

Thailand trys hard to protect Thailand and it's culture. I think that's what most of us come to Thailand for. 

26 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Thailand trys hard to protect Thailand and it's culture. I think that's what most of us come to Thailand for. 

😂😂😂. If they do then they have failed miserably. 

BC2E965A-39B4-4479-A1AF-425AAE39A425.jpeg

3AFB929C-769F-47DA-8868-5110209CAE21.jpeg