News Forum - International search for the Phuket hitmen, possible related shooting in Canada last Tuesday

Thaiger

Police have identified the nationality of 2 gunmen who are being sought over the apparent gangland killing of Indian-born Jimi Sandhu on February 4 in Rawai, Phuket. Arrest warrants for 2 Canadian men have been issued. In related news, police are investigating a Surrey, Vancouver, shooting last Tuesday that put 2 people in hospital, one in critical condition. Police believe it may have been in retaliation for the shooting of Jimi Sandhu, who was part of the ‘United Nations’ crime gang in British Columbia. A 24 year old, critically wounded in the incident, was a member of the rival ‘Brothers […]

The story International search for the Phuket hitmen, possible related shooting in Canada last Tuesday as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Police have identified the nationality of 2 gunmen who are being sought over the apparent gangland killing of Indian-born Jimi Sandhu on February 4 in Rawai, Phuket. Arrest warrants for 2 Canadian men have been issued. In related news, police are investigating a Surrey, Vancouver, shooting last Tuesday that put 2 people in hospital, one in critical condition. Police believe it may have been in retaliation for the shooting of Jimi Sandhu, who was part of the ‘United Nations’ crime gang in British Columbia. A 24 year old, critically wounded in the incident, was a member of the rival ‘Brothers […]

The story International search for the Phuket hitmen, possible related shooting in Canada last Tuesday as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

No loss then.

possession of an illegal weapon and discharging an illegal firearm in a public place”

i thought, the guns were legally registered?

Police say the weapons were registered to Thai nationals, a retired policeman and a Thai soldier

It's sad that with all the technology we have, particularly at airports, that these two managed to skip the country. It will now take an international effort to bring them to justice. Anyone check where their flights were going to? Might be a good place to start.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's sad that with all the technology we have, particularly at airports, that these two managed to skip the country. It will now take an international effort to bring them to justice. Anyone check where their flights were going to? Might be a good place to start.

Amsterdam and Frankfurt 

I've read a few stories up to now, What it doesn't say is where they stayed in Rawai unless I missed it, one story says they flew to BKK another says they went by road, but they arrived by taxi at the airport if they knew who they were why was they not arrested before boarding their flights or had they already done one by the time the police found this evidence?

5 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I've read a few stories up to now, What it doesn't say is where they stayed in Rawai unless I missed it, one story says they flew to BKK another says they went by road, but they arrived by taxi at the airport if they knew who they were why was they not arrested before boarding their flights or had they already done one by the time the police found this evidence?

He was killed in the evening of the 4th, the body found in the morning of the 5th, and they reportedly left Thailand on the 6th.

I'd suggest that finding out who they probably are within a week is pretty good going by any standards.

5 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

... a Walther 9mm fully automatic ...

A minor point, but very unlikely ... and reportedly both were ex-military.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Stonker said:

He was killed in the evening of the 4th, the body found in the morning of the 5th, and they reportedly left Thailand on the 6th.

I'd suggest that finding out who they probably are within a week is pretty good going by any standards.

Shopped by the traced gun owner ( copper) after guns found on Chalong beach when the tide went out ? Hearsay .🥸 Copper situation not reported. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Shopped by the traced gun owner ( copper) after guns found on Chalong beach when the tide went out ? Hearsay .🥸 Copper situation not reported. 

AFAIK the guns were found on the 9th or 10th - a Walther PPK and a CZ, both 9mm  semi-autos.

Who organised a safe departure from the Airport? I cannot believe that a hitman just leave a country over the most secured and controlled area without any guarantee it will be possible and everything is organized. 

10 hours ago, Stardust said:

Who organised a safe departure from the Airport? I cannot believe that a hitman just leave a country over the most secured and controlled area without any guarantee it will be possible and everything is organized. 

They left the following day and probably had prearranged tickets. Identifying them and stopping their departures is unrealistic.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Guns are probably bought and sold many times. Likely the original owner is only on the registration.

12 hours ago, Stonker said:

AFAIK the guns were found on the 9th or 10th - a Walther PPK and a CZ, both 9mm  semi-autos.

Yea, and they were long gone by then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoongFred said:

They left the following day and probably had prearranged tickets. Identifying them and stopping their departures is unrealistic.

You are just guessing and sell it as facts. 

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

You are just guessing and sell it as facts. 

They can't just detain any person who could have been the killer. The police must investigate first. Otherwise they would arrest them based on what? Suspicion without proof?

Given the victim was a gangster now living at Phuket, a likely motive for the murder could easily be local. Now it appears that it was hitmen traveling to get him from abroad. That's a bold move by all standards. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Stardust said:

The airline they flew on arranged a safe departure.

These men were not recognised as the killers until many days after they had departed. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Stonker said:

Agreed -  as I was reading through that I thought the police work was pretty impressive. Some wannabe Columbo is going to find flaws in it though ⌛

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stardust said:

At the time of their departure they weren’t known gunmen - why would anyone stop them ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

At the time of their departure they weren’t known gunmen - why would anyone stop them ? 

So and this was sure at that moment for the hitmen. So you wanna tell me the hitmen tried their luck??! I think you aware that the airport is the most controlled area and in Thailand is a lot of cctv everywhere. 

5 hours ago, Johnnyb2 said:

They can't just detain any person who could have been the killer. The police must investigate first. Otherwise they would arrest them based on what? Suspicion without proof?

Given the victim was a gangster now living at Phuket, a likely motive for the murder could easily be local. Now it appears that it was hitmen traveling to get him from abroad. That's a bold move by all standards. 

So the hitmen new that before and they knew before police doesnt know anything and there are nowhere pictures of them and no cctv where they were filmed before?! By the way they were filmed by a cctv at their hit!!

9 hours ago, Stardust said:

So the hitmen new that before and they knew before police doesnt know anything and there are nowhere pictures of them and no cctv where they were filmed before?! By the way they were filmed by a cctv at their hit!!

And many other places around the area around Soi 8,9 and 10 but they went to ground somewhere in that area,