News Forum - Chon buri man says he followed crow into forest, found dead body hanging from tree

Thaiger

In a truly ghost movie-like fashion, a man in Bang Lamung, a district of Chon Buri province, says he followed a crow into a forest and found a dead body hanging from a tree there. The man, Somkrit, told The Pattaya News he wanted to cut trees nearby, when he saw the crow flying into the forest and heard it making loud noises. “…and it appeared to want me to follow it.” He said after the crow disappeared into the forest he kept walking in, and prayed to forest ghosts for guidance. When he looked up, he saw the dead […]

The story Chon buri man says he followed crow into forest, found dead body hanging from tree as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Misleading report, reported to ThaigerNews for correction >

Somkrit ran out of the forest and called police. He said he believes forest ghosts sent the crow so that he would find the man’s body. Police didn’t comment on Somkrit’s beliefs about forest ghosts guiding him. Somkrit’s relatives say he is a construction worker under a lot of stress, though they wouldn’t give details. The relatives were emotional.

From the original story >

Mr. Somros’s relatives, who later arrived at the scene after being called, were emotional and said Somros was a construction worker and had been dealing with a lot of work-related stress recently, without going into details.

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

Misleading report, reported to ThaigerNews for correction >

From the original story >

There's a promo ad on the history/NG tv channel about Alaska,the voice over is talking about Alaska being a great place to hide bodies,

"When I see a flock of Crows I know there's something dead there"

3 minutes ago, yselmike said:

There's a promo ad on the history/NG tv channel about Alaska,the voice over is talking about Alaska being a great place to hide bodies,

I don't think Crows feed on dead things, but buzzards do. Buzzards flying overhead can be an indication of something dead.

10 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I don't think Crows feed on dead things, but buzzards do. Buzzards flying overhead can be an indication of something dead.

Yes, Crows will eat anything which includes carrion - dead animals.

They are remarkably intelligent birds, I used to have a semi tame one, who visited my garden every day in the UK.

I called him Percy.

https://www.birdbarn.co.uk/do-crows-eat-meat#:~:text=Crows are omnivores%2C so have,will eat decaying dead animals.

There have also been some fascinating experiments with them in problem solving.

A very good video is included in this link:

https://www.sciencealert.com/these-crows-can-plan-three-steps-ahead-to-solve-problems-and-get-food

• Like 5

2 hours ago, yselmike said:

A group of crows is actually called a murder of crows. I wonder why?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

3 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Oh they do,when I was a nipper on the farm the first thing the took from any dead lambs was the eyes!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, yselmike said:

Oh they do,when I was a nipper on the farm the first thing the took from any dead lambs was the eyes!

Yup, & the umbilical scar & the botty. 'orrible!

But they do have some amusing characteristics.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

14 hours ago, Faraday said:

They are remarkably intelligent birds, I used to have a semi tame one, who visited my garden every day in the UK.

I called him Percy.

We had a similar half tame crow, who we named Russell Crow after Bob Crow the trade union leader.🥴

• Like 1

The report could have defined what "hanging from a tree" means. If it was apparent suicide, then say so. Hanging by a rope from a tree. Or had he climbed the tree and fallen down and been caught on lowered branches and died of his injuries. Guess we'll never know. But for his family's sake, there's a big difference between a fall and suicide.