PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says drug suppression should to be a national priority

Thaiger

Following the numerous busts involving drugs en route to overseas, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has declared that the suppression of illegal drugs should be an urgent national agenda item. The deputy government spokesperson Rachada Dhanadirek made the announcement of the prime minister’s behalf, saying Prayut called for government workers to support the efforts to crack down on drugs. The spokesperson says funds are being allocated to tackle the illicit drug trade, and new legislation is being drafted, such as bills on the punishment for drug offences and regulations regarding the seizure of assets in drug cases. In various drug busts since […]

The post PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says drug suppression should to be a national priority appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

. . . PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has declared that the suppression of illegal drugs should be an urgent national agenda item.

Great call, Uncle Tu . . . now get back to sleep!

2 hours ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

The suppression of military coups and dictatorships should be an urgent national priority.

Hear, hear!

Hello, Bangkok_Gary and welcome to T-T. Feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional and geographical perspectives.

An excellent debut post . . . I look forward to many more!

KC

• Cool 1

Sure! Drug supression is awesome! But what about COVID supression, which the Thai government seems to do at a snails pace! Drug is taken by people by choice, COVID is not by choice! I say get your priorities stright! Incidentally I hear that the Government will charge for vaccine which they get from America and other countries for FREE! What's up with that!? Who is making money of people's misery!?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

35 minutes ago, Joe said:

Incidentally I hear that the Government will charge for vaccine which they get from America and other countries for FREE! What's up with that!? Who is making money of people's misery!?

Great comment, to which my instinctive response is 'Welcome to Thailand', unless you're already here of course. The behaviour of this regime beggars belief and their idea of what is right or wrong is truly worrying.

Hello, Joe and welcome, also, to T-T.

Feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

Happy posting!

KC

• Angry 1

38 minutes ago, Stardust said:

El Chapo Thamanat is the operation leader?

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me. Regardless of his past 'doings', at least he's demonstrated that he has balls, a quality that this regime, time and again, demonstrate to be seriously lacking. I wouldn't want him as an uncle though!

Hello, Stardust and welcome to T-T.

Feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

Happy posting!

KC