News Forum - Boosters much less effective after 4 months, US officials say

Thaiger

The US Centres of Disease Control and Prevention published a study yesterday that found that third jabs of Pfizer and Moderna loose much of their effectiveness four months after they’re given. The study compared how likely vaccinated and unvaccinated people were to test positive. It found that vaccines were 87% effective for people two months after they had their third jab, but by the fourth month were only 66% effective. When the Omicron variant was dominant, third jabs were 91% effective at helping people who tested positive not need to be hospitalised for Covid-19 within two months after they were […]

The story Boosters much less effective after 4 months, US officials say as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Quote from the CDC Summary in the Report:  Protection against COVID-19 after 2 doses of mRNA vaccine wanes, but little is known about durability of protection after 3 doses.

The Media (including Thaiger) needs to stop fanning the flames of the anti-vax nutters by posting  incorrect headlined news.  The nutters dont read the reports - they take the headlines that fit their narrative and run with them. Such as all the false and discredited khrapp about Israel written by a nutter anti-vaxxer.  

Waning 2-Dose and 3-Dose Effectiveness of mRNA Vaccines Against COVID-19–Associated Emergency Department and Urgent Care Encounters and Hospitalizations Among Adults During Periods of Delta and Omicron Variant Predominance — VISION Network, 10 States, August 2021–January 2022 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7107e2.htm

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Quote from the CDC Summary in the Report:  Protection against COVID-19 after 2 doses of mRNA vaccine wanes, but little is known about durability of protection after 3 doses.

The Media (including Thaiger) needs to stop fanning the flames of the anti-vax nutters by posting  incorrect headlined news.  The nutters dont read the reports - they take the headlines that fit their narrative and run with them. Such as all the false and discredited khrapp about Israel written by a nutter anti-vaxxer.  

Waning 2-Dose and 3-Dose Effectiveness of mRNA Vaccines Against COVID-19–Associated Emergency Department and Urgent Care Encounters and Hospitalizations Among Adults During Periods of Delta and Omicron Variant Predominance — VISION Network, 10 States, August 2021–January 2022 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7107e2.htm

It's a bit ironic that your quote is from the summary section titled "What is already known about this topic?", i.e. prior to the study. The added value of the report (and by association this article) is that it quantifies the waning aspect of boosters and the article mentions the percentages correctly (and without cherry-picking from the report).

The percentages aren't great, but still relatively good in comparison to previous reports that found a much faster decline (but unlike this report, they were only based on antibody counts and therefore less reliable).

By reporting the percentages as they are, people will be less taken aback if the next booster round comes sooner than expected, or if a lot of tax-payer's money is poured into a vaccine v2.0 that's updated to the latest strain(s).

Edited by Chatogaster
spelling

They tell you to "follow the science"  How can you follow the science when it changes from day to day.  Before you were not suppose to get a booster from Pfizer until a minimum of 5 months other sites said six.  

If boosters diminish in effectiveness every 4 months are we really going to be human pin cushions getting injections 3 times a year?  

I am waiting for the law of unintended consequences when the new study shows that repeated covid vaccine injections diminish the bodies own immune system. 

• Like 2

Not sure how this study shall be interpreted. The virus mutates and those mutations that are the best in escaping the vaccination protection will succeed. This is by no means a failure of the vaccine. Happens also to the yearly Influenza vaccination, needs to be adjusted every time to address the latest changes of the virus. 

The other possible interpretation, whereby the vaccination loses it strength/effectiveness over time - yes, could be the case (or it could be, as alluded to above, because the virus has changed in which case it is still effective against the 'old' strain but not the mutation). Still better to have reduced protection than no protection.

My take is: there is not and never has been a 100% protection after having been vaccinated against getting infected. But the vaccination increases dramatically my protection against getting severely sick or die of Covid. I can live with that.

• Like 3

of what I have read in an israeli newspaper is that 80 percent of patients in ICU ( extreme severe cases ) had one or two boosters with pfitzer...

before pfitzer told us it avoids an ICU situation...but this was a lie only to sell their bs vaccine...

i understand that people want the magic pill....the hedonistic world try to avoid at all costs to face the realities of life...

like disease, death, pains, suffering, old age etc etc etc....

sure big pharma will tell u all kinds of BS to sell u all these colourful pills and remedies  ....their first objective is not to heal you ( otherwise they dont make cash ) their objective is to keep u on useless medication to reap billions day by day....

the cash is what counts for them...not your health

so here we have the addict situation...born out of the fear of the manipulated masses...

how many i met who believed that they are immun to covid cause of three jabs ?

I stopped counting....

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/nearly-60-of-hospitalized-covid-19-patients-in-israel-fully-vaccinated-study-finds.html

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dingdong said:

of what I have read in an israeli newspaper is that 80 percent of patients in ICU ( extreme severe cases ) had one or two boosters with pfitzer...

before pfitzer told us it avoids an ICU situation...but this was a lie only to sell their bs vaccine...

i understand that people want the magic pill....the hedonistic world try to avoid at all costs to face the realities of life...

like disease, death, pains, suffering, old age etc etc etc....

sure big pharma will tell u all kinds of BS to sell u all these colourful pills and remedies  ....their first objective is not to heal you ( otherwise they dont make cash ) their objective is to keep u on useless medication to reap billions day by day....

the cash is what counts for them...not your health

so here we have the addict situation...born out of the fear of the manipulated masses...

how many i met who believed that they are immun to covid cause of three jabs ?

I stopped counting....

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/nearly-60-of-hospitalized-covid-19-patients-in-israel-fully-vaccinated-study-finds.html

Your own link destroys your argument.

60% of cases are vaccinated with a vaccination rate of 78%.

So a minority 22% who are unvaccinated are making up 40% of hospital cases.

Now also factor in that many of the vaccinated will be elderly thus at higher risk.

• Like 2

Generally, I believe vaccines of most any type save lives (flu, mumps, measles, hepatitis, covid, etc.). But this notion - reading between the lines a bit here - that a covid vaccine needs to be a quarterly subscription is a none starter for me personally. We can't vaccinated our way out of this pandemic. There are just too many people in the world. Unfortunately, the world is going to force those of us we wish to travel to prove our vaccination status to get to where we want to go. I'll do the minimum requirements to travel. Which I hope means nothing more than an annual booster. I'm not overly happy about that, but they got us by the short hairs here, and I don't see this changing. 

• Like 3

Vaccines have been a disappointment in covid control. Virus mutations are faster than we predicted. Although some protection is provided it's not 100%. As with some other diseases therapeutics is probably the answer. Monoclonal show great promise but seem hung up by the USA fda. Other therapeutics such as ivmectin are dismissed off hand but could help. Drugs produced by big pharma are also promising but very expensive. We need to objectively look at all alternative and not be blocked into political battles. 

The battle for AIDS has been effectively controlled by therapeutics. Believe it or not Dr Fasci was the one pushing vaccines then that never worked.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, nobusinessofurs said:

It's the sniffles, never needed a "vaccine" for that. 

There is about 159000 people in the UK alone who will argue its not the sniffles. 

Or at least they would do if they were not dead. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chatogaster said:

It's a bit ironic that your quote is from the summary section titled "What is already known about this topic?", i.e. prior to the study. The added value of the report (and by association this article) is that it quantifies the waning aspect of boosters and the article mentions the percentages correctly (and without cherry-picking from the report).

The percentages aren't great, but still relatively good in comparison to previous reports that found a much faster decline (but unlike this report, they were only based on antibody counts and therefore less reliable).

By reporting the percentages as they are, people will be less taken aback if the next booster round comes sooner than expected, or if a lot of tax-payer's money is poured into a vaccine v2.0 that's updated to the latest strain(s).

See guys?  Told you 🤨

2 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Vaccines have been a disappointment in covid control. Virus mutations are faster than we predicted. Although some protection is provided it's not 100%. As with some other diseases therapeutics is probably the answer. Monoclonal show great promise but seem hung up by the USA fda. Other therapeutics such as ivmectin are dismissed off hand but could help. Drugs produced by big pharma are also promising but very expensive. We need to objectively look at all alternative and not be blocked into political battles. 

The battle for AIDS has been effectively controlled by therapeutics. Believe it or not Dr Fasci was the one pushing vaccines then that never worked.

That is the issue.  It took over 20 years after the Spanish Flu killed so many before flu vaccines became common. It was a long time before they got it into a vaccine that was 'mainstream', and for those unaware it is changed and upgraded every year at least - as the virus' change and mutate, they change the flu vaccines.    https://www.smartclinics.com.au/history-flu-vaccine/

Demanding 'they' create something that is 'perfect' and will not need changing ever is just ridiculous, and shows a total ignorance of what the Covid virus is and how vaccines are developed.  Just like after Spanish Flu, they are starting from scratch, and the vaccines were always going to change as the virus evolved and mutated. How could anyone know that it was going to mutate and change so frequently - get real.  Over time they will refine and develop the vaccines.  And as I have said many times, the virus will 'stabilise' and become less virulent - because a virus dies if it kills off all the hosts - billions of years of evolution has ensured that will eventually happen. The actual Covid 'source' virus is in many bats and it does them very little harm - they have reached a symbiotic type balance over many millions of years being together - viruses have been around billions of years.  Humans have many thousands of 'other' things in our bodies that have reached the same 'balance'. 

22 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Demanding 'they' create something that is 'perfect' and will not need changing ever is just ridiculous, and shows a total ignorance of what the Covid virus is and how vaccines are developed. 

Strawman argument!

Nobody demands such.

Rather, it is "they" who claimed and advertised that a single vax would provide 100% immunity for COVID. With hindsight, that was not true at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

There is about 159000 people in the UK alone who will argue its not the sniffles. 

Or at least they would do if they were not dead. 

Bullshit

• Like 1

When the Omicron variant was dominant, third jabs were 91% effective at helping people who tested positive not need to be hospitalised for Covid-19 within two months after they were given.”

what a bunch of BS. See that narrative? Take a shot or u go to hospital.

Noone goes to hospital, except a % of 75+ yrs people and some exceptions of <1% others who have combined health issues. This is exactly that miss information used to bully us all and make us inject that experimental crap into our bodies