News Forum - Nok Air announces domestic flights from Korat to Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Hat Yai

Thaiger

The low-cost carrier Nok Air has been given the “okay” to run round-trip domestic flights from the Isaan province Nakhon Ratchasima, also known as Korat, to the popular tourist destinations Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Hat Yai. The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand is allowing the airline to offer seven flights per week to each destination starting in the second quarter of this year. The airline will use the 86-seater Bombardier Q400 turboprop for the flights. A low number of passengers travelling to and from the Isaan province led several airlines, including Thai AirAsia and other small local airlines, to cancel […]

The story Nok Air announces domestic flights from Korat to Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Hat Yai as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

I've seen these planes many times. For some reason I hesitate to use a plane that is painted to look like a duck. It makes me wonder are they really taking flying seriously.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

I've seen these planes many times. For some reason I hesitate to use a plane that is painted to look like a duck. It makes me wonder are they really taking flying seriously.....

I actually like Nok. I will not fly the AA one as hate it, but except for the hot stewardesses. But in all cases I still avoid it like the plague.

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I actually like Nok.

I may try it when the government settles down it’s flip flop governance of Thailand. 

4 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I may try it when the government settles down it’s flip flop governance of Thailand. 

So you think h ell is about to freeze over then. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

“Turboprop” …SEAsia…over sea.I think not….😌😩

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

So you think h ell is about to freeze over then. 

I think I wills be patient as the COVID19 numbers rise again …. When the government says they won’t do something, I wait for the other shoe (jandal) to drop. 

• Like 1

Just now, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I think I wills be patient as the COVID19 numbers rise again …. When the government says they won’t do something, I wait for the other shoe (jandal) to drop. 

Is that like a flip flop?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Is that like a flip flop?

I blew out my flip flop
Stepped on a pop top
I broke my leg twice, I had to limp on back home
But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on ….. 

maybe Sangsom will help

2 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I blew out my flip flop
Stepped on a pop top
I broke my leg twice, I had to limp on back home
But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on ….. 

maybe Sangsom will help

image.png.99a0d9ae39a78b69aa48086b955a5d5f.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, oldschooler said:

“Turboprop” …SEAsia…over sea.I think not….😌

turbo prop aircraft are just as reliable/safe as turbo fan aircraft.

they fly a bit slower than turbo fan's but cost a lot less to run.

Only chance of making the route pay is to use turbo props but i still think they will struggle to get enough passengers for the routes to be profitable.

22 minutes ago, Cathat said:

turbo prop aircraft are just as reliable/safe as turbo fan aircraft.

they fly a bit slower than turbo fan's but cost a lot less to run.

Only chance of making the route pay is to use turbo props but i still think they will struggle to get enough passengers for the routes to be profitable.

Flown turboprops in Europe but would never do that in SE Asia. Wouldn’t trust pilots/ safety / maintenance or Nok Air.