News Forum - Police in Phuket find guns suspected to have been used to murder Jimi Sandhu

Thaiger

Police have found two guns at a beach in Phuket which they believed were used in the recent murder of 32 year old Jimi “Slice” Sandhu, a notorious gangster from Canada. Sandhu, who was born in India, was deported from Canada for “serious criminality” in 2016. He entered Thailand by private jet on January 27 carrying a fake Canadian passport with the name “Mandeep Singh.” Officers used metal detectors to search the seaside by the Rawai beachfront villa where Sandhu was killed and found a semi-automatic Walther PPK and a CZ gun in the water. According to reports in Thai […]

The story Police in Phuket find guns suspected to have been used to murder Jimi Sandhu as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Now these two shooters must be a few french fries short of a full happy meal.  Why would you not disassemble the guns scattering them at various deep water locations making their recovery impossible. 

• Like 2

Just now, longwood50 said:

Now these two shooters must be a few french fries short of a full happy meal.  Why would you not disassemble the guns scattering them at various deep water locations making their recovery impossible. 

Because they're not as professional as people think they are? 

The fact they fired 19 times and only hit 10 being in front of the target.... says a lot.

3 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Finding the guns means not, that they find the shooter. But it gives them credit, for "intense searching".  I would not wonder, if that is the last we here about any findings in this case! ;-)

• Angry 1

52 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Well done RTP, they are closing in on those guys.

They flew out of Thailand on February 06 so they’re long gone if the Red Bull case is anything to go by. No doubt the guns were reported stolen but the paperwork lost and it all fades away. 

• Like 1

3" barrel, you would need to be standing close to him to hit him.  Shorter the barrel the more inaccurate the weapon.  'Dirty Harry' had it right .357 magnum with a long barrel, one shot if any good.  I cringe at movies that show someone pull out a .22 with a 2" barrel handbag weapon and shoot somone across the street with one shot, 300 you might just get lucky.

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

17 minutes ago, palooka said:

3" barrel, you would need to be standing close to him to hit him.  Shorter the barrel the more inaccurate the weapon.  'Dirty Harry' had it right .357 magnum with a long barrel, one shot if any good.  I cringe at movies that show someone pull out a .22 with a 2" barrel handbag weapon and shoot somone across the street with one shot, 300 you might just get lucky.

In the end guns are for snowflakes, lol. Asian gangsters tend to very much prefer  knifing someone. And I guess in this case it would have even been more appropriate. 

Even if the Canadian (Indian) gangster had a gun on him, within 100 meters or so, if the knife man is properly trained, knife always defeats gun.

5 minutes ago, ctxa said:

, knife always defeats gun.

Somewhere some bright spark said "never bring a knife to a gunfight".

Generally think the odds are with a gun but if trained then a fork or chopstick will do the job. 😀

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, palooka said:

Somewhere some bright spark said "never bring a knife to a gunfight".

Generally think the odds are with a gun but if trained then a fork or chopstick will do the job. 😀

Yes, you just quoted  my words out of context. I said within 100m only, there’s studies. 

Many cops in the US who train a lot have died that way, someone with a knife running towards them, they fired but didn’t hit him then they got stabbed. 

If cops have had difficulties hitting someone sprinting towards them from within 100 meters knife, imagine a random untrained gangster, he stands no chance.

2 hours ago, ctxa said:

The fact they fired 19 times and only hit 10 being in front of the target.... says a lot.

Hey that is not bad.  If they were a professional baseball player they would be the leagues leading hitter by far. 

1 hour ago, ctxa said:

In the end guns are for snowflakes, lol. Asian gangsters tend to very much prefer  knifing someone. And I guess in this case it would have even been more appropriate. 

Even if the Canadian (Indian) gangster had a gun on him, within 100 meters or so, if the knife man is properly trained, knife always defeats gun.

Maybe, as long as the knife wielding assailant don't put on a show first

Indiana Jones Fight GIF by Nerdist.com

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Officers used metal detectors to search the seaside by the Rawai beachfront villa where Sandhu was killed and found a semi-automatic Walther PPK and a CZ gun in the water.

Well tomorrow we can expect a lineup photo of 12 police officers 4 with metal detectors, and 4 outfitted with scuba gear plus the 4 highest ranking police officers at that station.standing behind a table containing the two firearms. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Finding the guns means not, that they find the shooter. But it gives them credit, for "intense searching".  I would not wonder, if that is the last we here about any findings in this case! ;-)

I would imagine the shell casings they found at the scene will match the guns that fired them. Now the boy's will need to find out where the guns came from and who obtained them. 

• Like 1