News Forum - Bangkok man who poured beer over female kickboxer loses his job (VIDEO)

Thaiger

19 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Just because you say it's so, don't necessarily make it so....😆😆

When I read his comments I know he is living in Thailand and with Thais/comunity and understands  very well whats going on, compare to other posters here in the forum.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stardust said:

When I read his comments I know he is living in Thailand and with Thais/comunity and understands  very well whats going on, compare to other posters here in the forum.

23 minutes ago, Stardust said:

What has living in Thailand got to do with knowing everything that is going on is a country in a sort of mystical way?

I have been going to Thailand for 30 plus years, sometimes staying a year at a time and I can say there is a huge difference in the cultures between the north and the south for instance, it is not a simple homogenised system.

I am currently living in London which is roughly 607 square miles in area, I do not understand what goes on in the South East of London where young kids in gangs are stabbing each other, in my area it is perfectly safe.

I do not understand in detail what goes on in other parts of the country with various levels of living standards and cultures.

The same applies to people living in Thailand especially farangs who are mostly not fluent to the Thai level and hence only get their info from other farangs. 

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

There are thousands of news stories about similar morons, his possibly more high profile as thousands of young impressionable kids will be looking up to him and responsibility comes with that  - you’re making excuses for a moronic thug! Not good 

Where am I making excuses for a "moronic thug"? I do not excuse his behaviour. I wrote, "Obviously the mother had the bad luck to give birth to two idiots."

But I also said, that if it had been Joe Soap, nobody would have cared. That is not excusing Zouma, but pointing out that the (in)famous are held to a different standard.

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

"Seems to be a very British trait to be more concerned about an animal's well-being then that of a person. "

Whaaaa, so funny, you must think all of the prisons are full of cat kickers and the murderers of people etc are free to roam the streets.

It is so funny what people come out with and believe.😂

I remember when I worked in Texas back in 1992 testing a software system we had produced for them.

At thanksgiving one woman asked me "Hey, do you all have Turkeys in England".

I laughed and said with tongue in cheek. "No this is the first time I have ever seen one".

Another asked me if we had credit cards in the UK, I said no, what is a credit card?☺️

Your experience of the UK must be different to mine then.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stardust said:

That may be true, doesn't make him any good on the cobbles though does it?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JamesR said:

What has living in Thailand got to do with knowing everything that is going on is a country in a sort of mystical way?

I have been going to Thailand for 30 plus years, sometimes staying a year at a time and I can say there is a huge difference in the cultures between the north and the south for instance, it is not a simple homogenised system.

I am currently living in London which is roughly 607 square miles in area, I do not understand what goes on in the South East of London where young kids in gangs are stabbing each other, in my area it is perfectly safe.

I do not understand in detail what goes on in other parts of the country with various levels of living standards and cultures.

The same applies to people living in Thailand especially farangs who are mostly not fluent to the Thai level and hence only get their info from other farangs. 

I was talking from people who understands Thai and people who family here, for sure to live here is definetly not the same like people who come here sometimes! And this experience everybody can make! And there is a huge differences also between the ones who live together in a comunity mostly because their wifes/families are Thai. And thats a fact and long term experience!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

Can you tell us all where you are going on a particular night and we will make sure we are not there as you seem to be a  bit aggressive.

I have been going to Thailand since 1987, many times staying for six months, sometimes a year and I have never had an argument or fight with a Thai and do not know anyone who has.

I have seen many farangs angry with Thais over many petty things which they consider not to be right as it is different to their own culture.

Calm down a bit and maybe all of those things which you have been involved in will stop happening. 

Thank you so much for your opinion. Yeah, I have been living amongst only with Thais for over 30 years. directly. Again thank you for your commesnts. Have a good "safe" weekend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Your experience of the UK must be different to mine then.

That applies to everybody in the world, none of us have the same experience.

18 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Thank you so much for your opinion. Yeah, I have been living amongst only with Thais for over 30 years. directly. Again thank you for your commesnts. Have a good "safe" weekend. 

Thais?

Thais are not a unit, not a uniform item.

I have stayed in Bangkok with my ex-wife's family, they were rich had big houses,  drivers, servants, their kids in private schools and had Amex Platinum cards, we would go to the top restaurants and clubs and never see any problems.

In contrast their lives of the servants must have been completely different when they were back home, Thailand is a very segregated country when it come to class, one does class does not mix with the others.

I see many farangs who think Thailand is poor, that is because they have spent thirty years living in a shack with some poor Thai people and think all of Thailand is like that.

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

I was talking from people who understands Thai and people who family here, for sure to live here is definetly not the same like people who come here sometimes! And this experience everybody can make! And there is a huge differences also between the ones who live together in a comunity mostly because their wifes/families are Thai. And thats a fact and long term experience!

In my experience I see many of the same people who live there have a very narrow view of Thailand as they spend thirty years in the same small circle of friends, family and life and think they are typical of Thailand. 

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

That may be true, doesn't make him any good on the cobbles though does it?

Funny.😆

You might have to explain what the term means as I think most people won't know.

5 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Thais?

I have stayed in Bangkok with my ex-wife's family, they were rich had big houses,  drivers, servants, their kids in private schools and had Amex Platinum cards, we would go to the top restaurants and clubs and never see any problems.

In contrast their lives of the servants must have been completely different when they were back home, Thailand is a very segregated country when it come to class, one does class does not mix with the others.

I see many farangs who think Thailand is poor, that is because they have spent thirty years living in a shack with some poor Thai people and think all of Thailand is like that.

Thank you for your comment again. You seem very knowledgeable of Thailand. Good to hear. Have a good night where ever you are currently at.

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

"Seems to be a very British trait to be more concerned about an animal's well-being then that of a person. "

Whaaaa, so funny, you must think all of the prisons are full of cat kickers and the murderers of people etc are free to roam the streets.

It is so funny what people come out with and believe.😂

I remember when I worked in Texas back in 1992 testing a software system we had produced for them.

At thanksgiving one woman asked me "Hey, do you all have Turkeys in England".

I laughed and said with tongue in cheek. "No this is the first time I have ever seen one".

Another asked me if we had credit cards in the UK, I said no, what is a credit card?☺️

I was once in Texas, out  having dinner. I was gently nudged in the ribs and my companion said 'You have your cutlery in the wrong hand. '

I took a minute, and then asked 'which side of the plate did you find it?'

The bloody cheek!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JamesR said:

That applies to everybody in the world, none of us have the same experience.

Exactly so. So it's all just opinion then isn't it.... UK like this UK be like that. 

32 minutes ago, JamesR said:

In my experience I see many of the same people who live there have a very narrow view of Thailand as they spend thirty years in the same small circle of friends, family and life and think they are typical of Thailand. 

So many frogs and so many coconut shells..... And that goes for Thais and fallangi...

• Cool 1

25 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Thank you for your comment again. You seem very knowledgeable of Thailand. Good to hear. Have a good night where ever you are currently at.

Thanks for yours and have a good night wherever you are currently at.

21 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I was once in Texas, out  having dinner. I was gently nudged in the ribs and my companion said 'You have your cutlery in the wrong hand. '

I took a minute, and then asked 'which side of the plate did you find it?'

The bloody cheek!

That went over my head, I did not understand?

Normally the fork is in the left hand and the knife in the right but I have seen some people in America just eating with a fork.

I was once in New York state driving up to Canada and stayed half way in a hotel for one night.

A family who sounded like they were from one of the Carolina states piled up a massive plate of fried eggs, bacon, and the rest, it was a big pile and then they ate it with just a spoon.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JamesR said:

Thais?

My farang friends often from the second or 3rd generation, born and raised in Thailand. For sure the european comunity is by far not how you describe them. Did you ever thinkin where all these company names comes from in Thailand?!!! This shows exactly of people who are living or raised here and people who came sometimes , that are 2 different worlds also because they not see inside these companies to understand something about Thailand. Around Bangkok/ Chonbury are for example 2000 German companies and  are not just small enterprises! 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesasia/2015/04/01/a-link-to-history/

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/pr/2226359/b-grimm-–-the-longest-established-company-in-thailand

People who live and work in Thailand for sure not agree in any way to your interpretation of the comunities in Thailand! 

17 hours ago, JamesR said:

Thais?

I  know many Thais from all (most) walks of life. Some are quite rich but you would have a hard time knowing it. Some try to act rich but aren't. I have also known high ranking officials, police and military. Many were guest in my home in the US.  Most acted very normal and respectful. They were neither rich or poor acting. 

Regarding domestic help they seemed OK but these staff knew their place. Domestic help no longer feel intimidated like in the movies and often are not Thai.  My friend had two lao girls working for him and they weren't subservient.  One day he asked the girl to wash his car and she responded with "what day is it? I wash your car on Tuesdays " he said to me, "see how independent they are. My wife wouldn't stand for it if I made them mad and they quit. So I have to hold my tongue " my friend was a Thai military graduate and senior commercial airline captain. This was in 1982. 

Nowadays it not easy to hire Domestic help and most aren't Thai. 

Being poor in Thailand is a personal choice. With education opportunities are numerous, but hard work is needed to succeed.

We would love more help at home but it's hard to find. We do have a part time housekeeper, who is pretty self directed. 

I wouldn't describe those outside Bangkok as poor, bit everyone wants more.

18 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I  know many Thais from all (most) walks of life. Some are quite rich but you would have a hard time knowing it. Some try to act rich but aren't. I have also known high ranking officials, police and military. Many were guest in my home in the US.  Most acted very normal and respectful. They were neither rich or poor acting. 

Regarding domestic help they seemed OK but these staff knew their place. Domestic help no longer feel intimidated like in the movies and often are not Thai.  My friend had two lao girls working for him and they weren't subservient.  One day he asked the girl to wash his car and she responded with "what day is it? I wash your car on Tuesdays " he said to me, "see how independent they are. My wife wouldn't stand for it if I made them mad and they quit. So I have to hold my tongue " my friend was a Thai military graduate and senior commercial airline captain. This was in 1982. 

Nowadays it not easy to hire Domestic help and most aren't Thai. 

Being poor in Thailand is a personal choice. With education opportunities are numerous, but hard work is needed to succeed.

We would love more help at home but it's hard to find. We do have a part time housekeeper, who is pretty self directed. 

I wouldn't describe those outside Bangkok as poor, bit everyone wants more.

That's a good one ...😆😆😆

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Poolie said:

They ate with the fork in their right hand. Using it as a shovel.

Ah yes, if you watch any American film they eat that way, upturned fork and in right hand only.

I have also seen them cutting the food into small pieces with the knife and fork and then using only the fork in the right hand to eat the food, it is what we do here in the UK for small kids.

7 hours ago, Stardust said:

My farang friends often from the second or 3rd generation, born and raised in Thailand. For sure the european comunity is by far not how you describe them. Did you ever thinkin where all these company names comes from in Thailand?!!! This shows exactly of people who are living or raised here and people who came sometimes , that are 2 different worlds also because they not see inside these companies to understand something about Thailand. Around Bangkok/ Chonbury are for example 2000 German companies and  are not just small enterprises! 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesasia/2015/04/01/a-link-to-history/

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/pr/2226359/b-grimm-–-the-longest-established-company-in-thailand

People who live and work in Thailand for sure not agree in any way to your interpretation of the comunities in Thailand! 

So I suppose all the servants etc do their job just for fun and then at the weekends they return to their palaces in the countryside.

There may be lots of German companies but 99% of their employees are Thai.

44 minutes ago, JamesR said:

So I suppose all the servants etc do their job just for fun and then at the weekends they return to their palaces in the countryside.

There may be lots of German companies but 99% of their employees are Thai.

This shows me that you never been in a German Company because it is absolut bias what you are writing . Maybe you should talk to sombody from BMW for expample and you will be surprised how many germans there are working and other foreigners. And you have no knowledge how difficult it is to get skilled labour in Thailand ir that a engineer in Thailand is not what would be in Germany. And by the way nowdays productions you have no knowledge,too because all the programing from the machines for programing is in english! You are the exact example of the differences between people who live and work in Thailand and people who come sometimes for holiday and just guessing not understand Thai but think they know Thailand. By the way in most productions and companies there are more foreigners than Thai it is not just specific in German companies. Ypu have never entering any company in Thailand thats very clearly now!