News Forum - Pattaya drunks steal road signs to pay for more booze

Thaiger

Three drunk men in Pattaya cut up several road signs and planned to sell the parts for money to buy more booze. Police saw the three men with hardware tools, stealing signs on main roads in the Pattaya and Banglamung area. Police arrested one man, 27, and he’s now being charged for theft. The other two men fled the scene. The man arrested insists they “never intended” to destroy the signs, and that it was “a bad idea caused by too much alcohol.” Police are on the lookout for the other two men. Pattaya is known as Thailand’s sin city, […]

The story Pattaya drunks steal road signs to pay for more booze as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Three drunk men in Pattaya cut up several road signs and planned to sell the parts for money to buy more booze. Police saw the three men with hardware tools, stealing signs on main roads in the Pattaya and Banglamung area. Police arrested one man, 27, and he’s now being charged for theft. The other two men fled the scene. The man arrested insists they “never intended” to destroy the signs, and that it was “a bad idea caused by too much alcohol.” Police are on the lookout for the other two men. Pattaya is known as Thailand’s sin city, […]

The story Pattaya drunks steal road signs to pay for more booze as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So what is the story here in the 2nd part? There are no drunks, no fights or wrong doers in other cities around the world and in Thailand? And no youngsters who had some bad ideas when drunk? Maybe they should think first about their own time as youngsters or teenagers and all their stupid ideas, parties etc etc .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Stardust said:

So what is the story here in the 2nd part? There are no drunks, no fights or wrong doers in other cities around the world and in Thailand? And no youngsters who had some bad ideas when drunk? Maybe they should think first about their own time as youngsters or teenagers and all their stupid ideas, parties etc etc .

Accept they were not youngsters but fully grown men, their actions could have had catastrophic circumstances for other road users. 

And this story is about selfish behaviour in Thailand and not elsewhere in the rest of the world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marble-eye said:

Accept they were not youngsters but fully grown men, their actions could have had catastrophic circumstances for other road users. 

And this story is about selfish behaviour in Thailand and not elsewhere in the rest of the world.

Did you really read my comment? So this can only happen in Pattaya and in no other place are people with stupid behaviour? And really you want to tell me that could be more dangereous in Thailand than bad driving behaviours. So how many deadly accidents are in Thailand because of a missing sign compare to bad driving skills or behaviour?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

Did you really read my comment? So this can only happen in Pattaya and in no other place are people with stupid behaviour? And really you want to tell me that could be more dangereous in Thailand than bad driving behaviours. So how many deadly accidents are in Thailand because of a missing sign compare to bad driving skills or behaviour?!

Call me a tad cynical but you are going off the whataboutery scale by a country mile, try sticking to the topic.

They were adults and not youngsters as you stated. No excuse for them is needed.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Well said, @Marble-eye.

Selfish and stupid - drunk and poor, supposedly, but they managed to have all the tools for the job.

35 minutes ago, Stardust said:

No, nor does it mean they all have 'bad-ideas' in Pattaya - just that there's probably more dross in Pattaya, of all shades and varieties, and more drunks, than anywhere else in Thailand. 

• Like 1

Just now, Marble-eye said:

Call me a tad cynical but you are going off the whataboutery scale by a country mile, try sticking to the topic.

They were adults and not youngsters as you stated. No excuse for them is needed.

For sure I am old enough not to trust or believe anybody who wanna tell me when he was young not had bad ideas etc. This people are liars or ignorants in their nature and thinking themself have no more to learn something or even not able to learn something. People over 30 should realize they will learn their whole life and often learn at most from their failures. Your answer on my comment before is a clear whataboutism ! And still you really could not read my comment, otherwise you would understand the topic of it! And I give you a tip it was not a excuse for the youngsters that you claim they are from the old generation 🤣.

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

For sure I am old enough not to trust or believe anybody who wanna tell me when he was young not had bad ideas etc. This people are liars or ignorants in their nature and thinking themself have no more to learn something or even not able to learn something. People over 30 should realize they will learn their whole life and often learn at most from their failures. Your answer on my comment before is a clear whataboutism ! And still you really could not read my comment, otherwise you would understand the topic of it! And I give you a tip it was not a excuse for the youngsters that you claim they are from the old generation 🤣.

I'm sure your post makes sense to you. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I'm sure your post makes sense to you. 😂

As I have children I am guessing you never raised or care for children in your life. You could learn a lot and you will for sure understand more!

As I have children I am guessing you never raised or care for children in your life. You could learn a lot and you will for sure understand more!

Nope, still don't understand what you're trying to say. We have gone from calling adults....youngsters, to you knowing everything about my personal life.

11 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Nope, still don't understand what you're trying to say. We have gone from calling adults....youngsters, to you knowing everything about my personal life.

If you had to care for a family and raising children you would understand what I am talking about. It seams there is a lot to learn for you. And for sure sombody who have children have another horizon, perspective or experience than someone who never had children or cared for a family! 

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

If you had to care for a family and raising children you would understand what I am talking about. It seams there is a lot to learn for you. And for sure sombody who have children have another horizon, perspective or experience than someone who never had children or cared for a family! 

What has all this off topic nonsense got to do with you not reading the article properly. You made a mistake and instead of just admitting it we are going around the houses in a continual loop.

Man up and admit it, we all make mistakes but some of us don't try to wriggle out of it. 

13 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

What has all this off topic nonsense got to do with you not reading the article properly. You made a mistake and instead of just admitting it we are going around the houses in a continual loop.

Man up and admit it, we all make mistakes but some of us don't try to wriggle out of it. 

I answered already all your comments and also why you not able to understand it. Sure you will be in this loop til you learned it by experience or otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I answered already all your comments and also why you not able to understand it. Sure you will be in this loop til you learned it by experience or otherwise.

You haven't saved face, you are still embarrassing yourself, however I will leave you to dwell on what you wrote in your first post and in future it might be as well reading the post before commenting on it. Au revoir.

5 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

You haven't saved face, you are still embarrassing yourself, however I will leave you to dwell on what you wrote in your first post and in future it might be as well reading the post before commenting on it. Au revoir.

Omg it is time for you to become an adult and the best way to learn it when you have to care for others then only for yourself! 

Omg it is time for you to become an adult and the best way to learn it when you have to care for others then only for yourself! 

I am losing you again SD. 

Caring for others does not include blaming the actions of the old on the young.

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

IMG_20220207_162850.jpg

8 hours ago, Stardust said:

I think you went a bit astray with your reactions to the criticism you got to your original post, but I also think that your original post raises a valid question/point.

The 2nd part starts of with "Pattaya is known as a sin city", which is a claim that in its actual context is about sex workers. Next, some anecdotes are given to try to reposition that claim into the context of the story ("obnoxious behavior by intoxicated people"). It's not entirely uncorrelated, but weakly at best and to summarize: I agree,  i.e. I also don't see the relevance of the 2nd part (other than to reach a minimum word count).

When arguing a point, don't be deviated by attacks on minor details like an unfortunate choice of words ("youngsters" in this case). Instead, acknowledge the irrelevant mistake and immediately pull the critics back to the main idea (and if they refuse: just let it go/ignore them as they're not in the mood for a rational discussion).

• Like 1

🤣🤣🤣🤣 as a very young adult we would get drunk, go hunting rabbits, end up shooting road signs and taking then as souvenirs. Everyone does stupid things especially when drinking. I might add people smoking cannabis typically don’t get into fights or steal unless it’s a bag of chips or a candy bar. Legalize cannabis 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻