News Forum - Songkran to be cancelled if daily Covid numbers hit 30,000 – DDC

Thaiger

On 2/10/2022 at 1:35 PM, Rookiescot said:

If omicron behaves as it has in other countries (and there is no reason it wont) we will see a huge rise in cases of infection followed by a sharp drop.

The peak will probably be well behind us before we get to April. 

What sharp drop? Where has this happened? The truth is it has caused a huge rise in cases where restrictions have been removed followed by a slow decline. I bet you're one of these Omicron is mild like a cold morons too. The truth about Omicron is its every bit as deadly as the original Wuhan version in unvaccinated people it's only mild compared to Delta. The only reason we haven't seen huge numbers of deaths from it in the west is because of the high vaccination rates. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 2:24 PM, Smiler said:

Songkran is way out of control now anyway, you can’t go out without getting soaked by some idiot, but each to their own,  personally I hate it so will binge on Netflix till it’s over! 

Well I don't live in Thailand and I have never been in the country for Songkran so I really don't know sh*t about it but I have several friends that live there full time and they say it's not an issue as long as you stay out of the tourist, party and red light districts. If you choose to live in Pattaya in the party zone or Phuket party zone etc then it's part of the areas character and you just have to accept it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim_Melb said:

What sharp drop? Where has this happened? The truth is it has caused a huge rise in cases where restrictions have been removed followed by a slow decline. I bet you're one of these Omicron is mild like a cold morons too. The truth about Omicron is its every bit as deadly as the original Wuhan version in unvaccinated people it's only mild compared to Delta. The only reason we haven't seen huge numbers of deaths from it in the west is because of the high vaccination rates. 

The sharp drop seen in South Africa, the UK, Denmark and all the others which now have omicron.

A quick google search like "UK covid case numbers" will show you that.

You would also lose that bet about me being a moron as well.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Maybe we are immune and impervious to the microbes in the water already. I don't drink tap water anywhere in the world, but I do brush my teeth with it and do shower or take a bath in it. Yes my house 
I put in a bath tub. So when you are in Thailand you don't shower? Pores on your body absorb it don't they?

Certainly the local Thais are - they are swimming in stuff as kids that would have put me in hospital - their immune systems for bugs etc are very strong - whereas ours in the west are weak for such things.

Yes - but I have always lived in house or stayed in hotels with extra filters - even then I certainly do not let it get in my mouth. I am happy to drink the tap water in Australia (except Adelaide), but I do not want to ever drink the tap water in Thailand (accidently) when someone throws it in my face.  

Up to you of course, but when I saw what they were putting in their containers I decided never again - and of course they never put bottled filtered water in them anyway.  No thanks mate - I'll stay out of that.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2022 at 8:08 AM, LoongFred said:

Because other countries in Europe haven't done well, it doesn't mean Thailand should follow their lead. 

I told you @satpete the Thai apologists would be upset. You have to wonder what motivates them to jump to the defence of a country that doesn’t even want them in Thailand? I guess they are into self flagellation also 

• Haha 1