Can a foreigner become a grab driver?

DiJoDavO

2 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Does anyone know if a foreigner is allowed to become a Grab driver in Thailand? 

As soon you get the Thai Citizenship: Yes you can!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ctxa said:

That can't be true! 

Every month I get my hair cut by a guy from Hong Kong with British Overseas (BNO) passport! How come he has a hair salon if it's forbidden?

So your proof that the information provided can't be true is because you get your haircut by a foreigner? 

What is more likely? The information provided stating that foreigners can't work as drivers is true, or that the person cutting your hair is doing it under the radar?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

What is more likely? The information provided stating that foreigners can't work as drivers is true, or that the person cutting your hair is doing it under the radar?

He can’t be doing it under the radar when he has a hair salon in one of the biggest shopping shopping malls in Bangkok, and I’ve seen policeman going inside and talking to him. 

So either: 

1. It’s incorrect.

2. It’s true, but the law isn’t enforced, which then makes it kind of not true.

Also I didn’t mention anything about drivers, it’s nothing new that foreigners can’t work as drivers, the Grab app itself clearly says so. I was talking about hair dressers only.

Edited by ctxa

6 hours ago, ctxa said:

That can't be true! 

Every month I get my hair cut by a guy from Hong Kong with British Overseas (BNO) passport! How come he has a hair salon if it's forbidden?

You go for a haircut and he shows you his Passport?
How do you know he hasn't obtained Thai nationality?
Only he can answer the question.

My wife also has her own hair salon business, she shows her Thai ID to every customer 🙄

• Like 1
  • Cool 2

5 hours ago, Faz said:

How do you know he hasn't obtained Thai nationality?

A bit difficult since he is unmarried, and doesn't have any kids at all. Maybe he's performed a duty that has benefitted Thailand.... 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 9:10 PM, DiJoDavO said:

Does anyone know if a foreigner is allowed to become a Grab driver in Thailand? 

Yes you can, If you get a Thai citizenship.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2022 at 4:23 PM, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

A bit difficult since he is unmarried, and doesn't have any kids at all. Maybe he's performed a duty that has benefitted Thailand.... 

off topic wind -up merchant alert. don’t indulge this troll.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2022 at 4:23 PM, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

your daft trolling here has invented two non- existent Naturalized Thai Citizen categories :-

Naturalized “Foreigner Without (Thai) Marriage or (Thai) Children” 🤣🤣

Naturalized “ Foreigner With Thai Papers ”🤣🤣😩

Both Illogically asserting that a Naturalized Thai Citizen remains a “ Foreigner” 🤣🤣😡

Perhaps the Thai Govt should be notified to Gazette these immediately into Thai Law🤣🤣🤣😩

One is either a Thai Citizen ( of whatever legal route) with Full Unconditional Legal Rights …………or Not. 😉😌😒

Any “cultural acceptance”, or lack thereof,comes usually from ignorant uneducated peasant types here and is another (unpleasant) topic. 

On 2/8/2022 at 3:40 AM, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

That can't be true! 

Same as all the Chinese etc. here working illgally. They won't be bothered because they look more like Thais then you do simple as that.  But put a farang in the salon and everyone will be up in arms.

OP; If you need to become a grab driver to make a living, you can't afford to be living here in the first place. 

On 5/18/2022 at 2:39 PM, Pinetree said:

OP; If you need to become a grab driver to make a living, you can't afford to be living here in the first place. 

Yeah that’s the pits. Only one level down from lowest level English teacher🤣🤣😩

• Haha 1