News Forum - German man’s body found hanging, his Kanchanaburi house on fire

Thaiger

34 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Yes, I have had quite a few offers as to whether I want to be that next bloke .

House, car , kids provided and I just need to provide a monthly cash income .

I went to one ladies house and her deceased husbands electric wheelchair was still there and she told me that I could use it, if I ever needed to .

Did she mean thats where you will end up?

8 hours ago, steve860 said:

😂😂😂

He be realistic, there are plenty here that would automatically assume that the guy had done this for those reasons without any evidence to prove it. They believe that all Thai women are only with foreigners for money when there are plenty of examples of happily married Thai/foreigner couples where that is not true. Obviously in this case it was all about the money (at least that's what he believed) and that pushed the poor guy over the edge. Very sad situation. 

8 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Im sure it will not cover Arson 

That depends, if she can show that he had a brain tumour that sent him insane and that's why he burnt the house and that she was always faithful and never asked him for money then.... Nah not even a Thai court would believe that one... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

They believe that all Thai women are only with foreigners for money when there are plenty of examples of happily married Thai/foreigner couples where that is not true

Can it be, that there money isn't a (big) problem? Meeting the expectations of minmum one party in this marriage?

I knew a couple of these happily married couples, that got quickly unhappily married, after things (incoming money flow) changed. Now I know single blokes, again.

• Like 1

I know of couples where the guys money ran out and the Thai lady has gone back to work (in healthcare for one quite well known example) while the husband stayed home. Later he got a job as well but not as highly paid has hers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Transam said:

The same in any part of the world, I would have thought.

Of course, that is why I specifically did not target any particular nationality. I'm going to have to stop reading The Thaiger news, it's getting really hopelessly depressing. Being alone is starting to not seem so bad after all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

He be realistic, there are plenty here that would automatically assume that the guy had done this for those reasons without any evidence to prove it. They believe that all Thai women are only with foreigners for money when there are plenty of examples of happily married Thai/foreigner couples where that is not true. Obviously in this case it was all about the money (at least that's what he believed) and that pushed the poor guy over the edge. Very sad situation. 

Yes, I fitted into that category , I was with my Thai GF for five years who really liked me and wasnt with ne for the money .

Our relationship got into problems gradually as the Pound went from 55 Baht to 37 Baht and at the same time large Changs went from 75 Baht to 110 Baht ,

9 hours ago, Transam said:

I am sure we all have those stories, but let's not forget  farang couple woes, I had a few of those....😧

Absolutely 

You hear the snide remarks about bar girls(it is amazing to me how many guys on here care about what other's lives)

But doesn't matter how a relationship started, once it is years end, it's a relationship like any other

My point about my wife's Aunt, he basically married a girl 25 years younger when she was in her 20's

Which I think that can become an issue............they are just in different worlds

Where as a 60yr old marrying a much mature 40yr old, there isn't such a gap in their mentalities...........

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 6:50 PM, ExpatPattaya said:

Damn, am 63 myself, yet cannot own a house here and would never want to at my age anyway.

Cannot understand why he burnt the house down?  Listening to Talking Heads and on drugs? 🤔

RIP 

Nope not at all

I knew this guy and as usual some comments going on your own experiences. No he didn't pick her up in a bar, no he wasn't unfaithful, no he wasn't mental, he suffered the traumatic experience of a 21 year old marriage going south as happens worldwide and couldn't cope. He was one of the nicest guys I knew and didn't spend his entire life in the bar in the "waiting to die" club. So unless you know the facts keep quiet. Those who are just plain nasty you need to show some respect to this tragic event and STFU. I'm happy to meet any keyboard warrior face to face to discuss your opinion in Kanchanaburi. RIP Uwe sleep well mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I think the age of the people matter

A 20yr gap isn't all that bad once the lady is in her mid 30's

But I think it is significant if she us younger than 30

Wrong she is 60 they'd been together 21 years

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I think the age of the people matter

A 20yr gap isn't all that bad once the lady is in her mid 30's

But I think it is significant if she us younger than 30

Did you not read the point she was 60....

11 minutes ago, Grauwulf said:

I knew this guy and as usual some comments going on your own experiences. No he didn't pick her up in a bar, no he wasn't unfaithful, no he wasn't mental, he suffered the traumatic experience of a 21 year old marriage going south as happens worldwide and couldn't cope. He was one of the nicest guys I knew and didn't spend his entire life in the bar in the "waiting to die" club. So unless you know the facts keep quiet. Those who are just plain nasty you need to show some respect to this tragic event and STFU. I'm happy to meet any keyboard warrior face to face to discuss your opinion in Kanchanaburi. RIP Uwe sleep well mate.

Then I am sorry for my previous comments.

34 minutes ago, Grauwulf said:

Did you not read the point she was 60....

Did you not read the post I replied to, that you then replied to me?

I was replying to someone talking about age gaps in relationships, in general 

Not this particular relationship 

But sorry that you lost your friend

It is a tragic story......

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

Did you not read the post I replied to, that you then replied to me?

I was replying to someone talking about age gaps in relationships, in general 

Not this particular relationship 

But sorry that you lost your friend

It is a tragic story......

No worries Indeed it is very tragic

8 hours ago, Grauwulf said:

No he didn't pick her up in a bar, no he wasn't unfaithful, no he wasn't mental, he suffered the traumatic experience of a 21 year old marriage going south as happens worldwide and couldn't cope.

Let's all hope he will find peace and happiness in the next life. RIP

On 2/8/2022 at 9:22 AM, NCC1701A said:

21 years of cheating i would built a nuke. 

Thanks for the two condominiums and a car.  You can keep the iPhone.