News Forum - German man’s body found hanging, his Kanchanaburi house on fire

Thaiger

The body of a 63 year old German man was found hanging on a wrought iron fence and his house was on fire. Police suspect the incident is a suicide, but are still investigating. The firefighters were summoned to Kanchanaburi Villa Housing Estate in the Tha Makham subdistrict of Muang this morning. Ten fire engines from the municipalities of Muang, Tha Makham, and Pak Phraek were dispatched to put out the fire that broke out at a two-story house around 3:30am, according to authorities. The fire was extinguished in roughly an hour. Neighbours told police that they heard three or […]

The story German man’s body found hanging, his Kanchanaburi house on fire as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Damn, am 63 myself, yet cannot own a house here and would never want to at my age anyway.

Cannot understand why he burnt the house down?  Listening to Talking Heads and on drugs? 🤔

RIP 

27 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Damn, am 63 myself, yet cannot own a house here and would never want to at my age anyway.

Cannot understand why he burnt the house down?  Listening to Talking Heads and on drugs? 🤔

RIP 

House will be in his wifes name.

I suspect the message left regarding his relationship probably means its was over and he saw this as his only way out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just been on the Thai news, he had written on the walls "21 years cheating, no more money to give," very sad, at least he is at rest now. RIP.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Just been on the Thai news, he had written on the walls "21 years cheating, no more money to give," very sad, at least he is at rest now. RIP.

I wonder whether he remained faithful for the 21 years

I wonder what bar he picked the old trout up in the first place .

Poor bugger at least he made sure < she >didn’t inherit the house hopefully all his cash caught fire as well 

Edited by Faz
removed derogatory term
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

Do you have source for that or are you just making unfounded assumptions? 

Edited by Faz
edited
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Easterneye said:

I wonder what bar he picked the old trout up in the first place .

Poor bugger at least he made sure < she > didn’t inherit the house hopefully all his cash caught fire as well 

Considering the message, all his money was probably in his pocket 

Edited by Faz
edited quote

1 minute ago, Tim_Melb said:

Do you have source for that or are you just an ass making unfounded assumptions? 

If you could read the clue is in my post, but feel free to phone a friend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Cool 2

9 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

Do you have source for that or are you just an ass making unfounded assumptions? 

Its in the story.  He set up the fire using gas cylinders, and probably petrol too - then he it from oputside I guess - that is why he was found hanging on the wall/fence outside the house.  Sad that he thought it was the only way out of his situation.  RIP. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tim_Melb said:

"There was a spray-painted message on an exterior wall, saying, "21-year cheating but never enough, f*** you".

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2260019/foreigner-found-hanged-inside-burned-house

Edited by Faz
edited
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Its in the story.  He set up the fire using gas cylinders, and probably petrol too - then he it from oputside I guess - that is why he was found hanging on the wall/fence outside the house.  Sad that he thought it was the only way out of his situation.  RIP. 

I wasn't saying it doesn't happen I just had not seen the reports of what was on the wall

1 hour ago, Tim_Melb said:

Do you have source for that or are you just making unfounded assumptions? 

It was in the papers this morning with the additional 'f*** you' sprayed on the wall where he was found. 

Bit of an over-reaction, but we're all different.

Edited by Faz
edited quote
  • Like 3
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, ExpatPattaya said:

RIP 

Perhaps that's the story?

It is not his, at least not the ground. Not everyone is still in the "giving' ,ode, if things go sideways, after some time.

But let's wait, there is always a chance that the two events didn't happen in the  expected chronology

6 minutes ago, Poolie said:

It was in the papers this morning with the additional 'f*** you' sprayed on the wall where he was found. 

Bit of an over-reaction, but we're all different.

I'm surprised BP didn't censor the F word. 

43 minutes ago, Alavan said:

His wife can't inherit?

Indeed. He wasn't planning on using it anymore, and was part of his f u exit plan.  She was likely the legal owner.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1l1 said:

Wiat, what? 63 y.o oldman suicided because of 21 y.o girlfriend? Do I get it right?

The way I read it: they were together for 21 years.

i understand the house burning  part...most likely he bought the house land and everything else in her name...now after this 21 y. he might have found out that her " brother' in fact was her real husband...and that he sponsered both of them all through this years...he confronted her than she moved and told him to get out of her house...than he snapped...

scenarios like this are not uncommon in the land of smiles

there are plenty of nutters who marry thai beer bar girls....

not everytime it ends like this ...from the thousands who get screwed loose and move on you dont hear in thai media

• Like 1