News Forum - Sunday Covid numbers, sixth day of climbing infections

Thaiger

A new high today, the sixth day in a row where the new infection numbers have been slowly rising again in Thailand. Today’s total of 10,879 new infections is the highest since October 14 last year when the numbers were trending down following the Delta (third) wave was sweeping through Thailand (from July to November 2021). Out of today’s new infections, 178 were detected from people arriving from overseas. There were also 20 new Covid-related deaths reported in the past 24 hours. 91,037 patients remain in care and 8,285 were discharged from State care. Meanwhile, Thailand’s Department of Disease Control is […]

The story Sunday Covid numbers, sixth day of climbing infections as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I can’t understand how so many people from overseas are bringing it in considering all the headaches they have to go through to get here. Vaccines, pcr tests etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Philly said:

I can’t understand how so many people from overseas are bringing it in considering all the headaches they have to go through to get here. Vaccines, pcr tests etc.

One theory is they are testing positive on the 2nd TnG PCR, so possibly getting infected here. But because they are recent tourist they count it as infected from abroad.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Before being reported for misinformation, please detail to me exactly how you know Israel has the highest vaccination rate in the world. 

I said ONE of the highest rates and its common knowledge, you debunk it if you think its false. It's not.

1 hour ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

Crazy, more vaccines and yet more deaths, we are seeing this in Israel right now, highest cases and a deaths and highest vax of nearly any country. Someone should investigate this!!

Reported. Replied after 10 minutes and gave you nearly 30 minutes to prove/correct.  Israel is not the highest vaccinated country - not by a long way.  That is misinformation being spread worldwide by antivaxxer nutters.

image.thumb.png.dfa4288c4f976b12659e66437fbf3846.png

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=vaccination+rate+israel&ei=NFz_YerOArOa4-EP9t28oAU&ved=0ahUKEwjquKTlq-r1AhUzzTgGHfYuD1QQ4dUDCA4&oq=vaccination+rate+israel&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAxKBAhBGABKBAhGGABQAFgAYABoAHACeACAAQCIAQCSAQCYAQA&sclient=gws-wiz

image.thumb.png.67927cf638bf8ecb000267d53f98bdd6.png

The highest vaccination rate is Gibraltar - their covid infection rate has jumped a lot, but their death rate is as of last count on 5th Feb - ZERO . 

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=covid+deaths+gibraltar&ei=91v_YdqVMcyP4-EP3oG56Ak&ved=0ahUKEwia7cfIq-r1AhXMxzgGHd5ADp0Q4dUDCA4&oq=covid+deaths+gibraltar&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAwyBQgAEIAEMgYIABAFEB4yBggAEAgQHjIGCAAQCBAeMgYIABAIEB4yBggAEAgQHjIGCAAQCBAeMgYIABAIEB4yBggAEAgQHjoHCAAQRxCwAzoHCAAQsAMQQzoFCAAQkQI6BggAEBYQHjoICAAQFhAKEB46BQghEKABOgYIABANEB46CAgAEA0QBRAeOgQIIRAVOggIABAIEA0QHjoECAAQDToLCAAQyQMQCBANEB5KBAhBGABKBAhGGABQxAdYhmdg5nxoAXACeACAAaQCiAHjEZIBBTAuOS4zmAEAoAEByAEKwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz

The 2ndhighest vaccination rate is UAE - their covid infection rate has jumped a lot, but their death rate is as of last count on 5th Feb - FOUR. 

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=covid+deaths+united+arab+emirates&ei=YWX_YfuVBYOe4-EPrvyAmAk&ved=0ahUKEwi7yrLFtOr1AhUDzzgGHS4-AJMQ4dUDCA4&uact=5&oq=covid+deaths+united+arab+emirates&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEIAEMgkIABDJAxAWEB46BwgAEEcQsAM6CggAEEcQsAMQyQM6BwgAELEDEEM6CggAELEDEIMBEEM6BAgAEEM6BQgAEJECOgQIABAKSgQIQRgASgQIRhgAUNMHWKgmYJ0paAFwAngAgAHMAYgBuxuSAQYwLjE5LjGYAQCgAQHIAQjAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz

Vaccinations do not stop people getting Covid - Vaccinations help stop you dying from Covid.

Please insert many other diseases like Rabies, Flu, etc into that scientific fact - and listen - Covid vaccinations stop you dying (as much).  The vast percentage of people dying from Covid in Australia are unvaccinated - they make up less than 10% of total people, but they make up nearly 30% of deaths. Omicron shows it - we are all gonna get Covid - get vaccinated - it might save your life. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

I said ONE of the highest rates and its common knowledge, you debunk it if you think its false. It's not.

I just did. And I already reported it, so your response makes that action valid too.  It aint common knowledge - it is misinformation and conspiracy nutter talk.  Take a break for a while. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations Thailand 69% fully vaxed, Israel 66% full vaxed.  And there's a whole lot of other countries doing better, right up to UAE at 93%.  Common knowledge seems to be as rare as common sense.

• Thanks 1

Numbers in Thailand will rise and exponentially. You are fortunate to have the experience of other countries before you (like my own). It will be the elderly who will die and in larger numbers because of the increased transmissibility of Omicron. It will also be important for the elderly to have a third dose. Our experience of those here, is that triple vaccinated elderly have the best chance of survival. It would be foolish to brush this off as a milder form of Covid. Although the good news is that infection numbers do peak and then subside, but not as quickly as they peaked.

• Like 1

The Sunday Covid numbers; always a time of great peril.

I see the Covid debate continues, and I want to add my thoughts before I get silenced by the Forces of Orthodoxy Fighters, A.K.A The Foo Fighters.

I have Done My Own Research and consulted many, many "Random Guys and Gals On Facebook", so don't go whining and whingeing on my sources; they are both legit and pure.

In my last missive before I took cover to ensure my personal safety, I identified four possible Insidious Villains behind Covid; The Twelve-Foot-Tall Lizard People, The Subterranean Mole People, F.A.R.T. and the BPBMEDBECONBFBGBH&PBEBCADBOSBGREENBR alliance A.K.A. BPBMEDBECONBFBGBH&PBEBCADBOSBGREENBRA. At great personal risk, I have identified other potential Insidious Villains to watch for...

The B.U.R.P. The Brotherhood of Undecided Rhubarb Peelers has a long history of subversion in the Eastern World and, before those sources went dark, there were rumors of biological engineering. Coincidence?

The I.T.C.H. The International Trans-Continental Hoers has always seemed like a non-malignant group only interested in weed-free agriculture, but upon further thought the question MUST be asked; if they believe in Weed-Free Agriculture, then what else do they believe should be Weed-Free? Humans?

The W.A.R.T. The World Assembly of Re-engineered Toenails has always portrayed itself as a benevolent organization hiding behind clean and healthy feet, but the very nature of the focus on the foot screams 'Genetically Engineered Death Virus', does it not?

The last two organizations bent on human destruction through Covid try to hide in plain sight using trickery and confusion; yes, I am referring to the BPBMEDBECONBFBGBH&PBEBCADBOSBGREENBRB, and the BPBMEDBECONBFBGBH&PBEBCADBOSBGREENBRG, not to be confused with the BPBMEDBECONBFBGBH&PBEBCADBOSBGREENBRC or the BPBMEDBECONBFBGBH&PBEBCADBOSBGREENBRF. Given the history of 'False-Flag' operations intertwined in the Covid response, these two potential Super-Villains cannot be ignored.

The Sunday numbers scream truths at me; do they not do the same to you?

'Heads Down, Eyes Open, Lungs Breathing' my Brothers and Sisters, 'Heads Down, Eyes Open, Lungs Breathing'

• Haha 1

You are being dishonest (as covid authoritarians usually are) because the numbers DO NOT include children. The adult population was one of the highest vaxed in the world. The Israelis are waking up and do not want to inject experimental shots into young kids...better late than never I guess.

"As a result of this hesitancy, Israel—which has more than 80% of all adults and more than 90% of over-60s twice vaccinated—has struggled to expand its campaign to children between 5 and 11 years old."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/once-a-global-covid-19-vaccine-leader-israel-struggles-to-get-its-kids-inoculated-11642507202

I am not a covid authoritarian and you are quoting stories from paid-only sources and misrepresenting the facts therein.  You are taking headlines and misrepresenting them as facts in order to justify your own agenda - refusing to inoculate because of selfish/fear reasons. 

You are being dishonest (as covid authoritarians usually are) because the numbers DO NOT include children. The adult population was one of the highest vaxed in the world. The Israelis are waking up and do not want to inject experimental shots into young kids...better late than never I guess.

"As a result of this hesitancy, Israel—which has more than 80% of all adults and more than 90% of over-60s twice vaccinated—has struggled to expand its campaign to children between 5 and 11 years old."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/once-a-global-covid-19-vaccine-leader-israel-struggles-to-get-its-kids-inoculated-11642507202

I didn't read your reference (because it required me to subscribe to WSJ), but it appears to be a desperate attempt to discredit AussieBob's figures (as in: "I'm right in an alternate universe where Israel hasn't struggled with child-vaccinations"). Furthermore, your morphing of "Israel is (nearly) the highest vaxed country" into "Israel was (nearly) the highest vaxed regarding adults" not only severely undermines the "logic" of your original post but it also shifts the topic. 

Even though I disagree, I'm fine with you personally believing what was suggested by your original post or it's latest incarnation that vaccinating children is an act of ignorance that involves experimental shots, but please don't disguise your opinions as if they were the logical outcome of real facts.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

I didn't read your reference (because it required me to subscribe to WSJ), but it appears to be a desperate attempt to discredit AussieBob's figures (as in: "I'm right in an alternate universe where Israel hasn't struggled with child-vaccinations"). Furthermore, your morphing of "Israel is (nearly) the highest vaxed country" into "Israel was (nearly) the highest vaxed regarding adults" not only severely undermines the "logic" of your original post but it also shifts the topic. 

Even though I disagree, I'm fine with you personally believing what was suggested by your original post or it's latest incarnation that vaccinating children is an act of ignorance that involves experimental shots, but please don't disguise your opinions as if they were the logical outcome of real facts.

Well said mate.  I too accept that some people have decided to not get the vaccines - that is their right and I have always accepted that. But I am getting more and more offended by and angry with anti-vaxxers who are pushing their own decisions as correct, and using misinformation and mistruths in order to claim we are all obedient idiots and subservient slaves etc. 

Note from Moderators

Members are advised to check their posts for misleading statements, especially when presented in this area of the News Forum.

Some posts and one that quoted those posts have been removed as a result.

Please assist by being accurate in your statements and back them up with supporting material.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Philly said:

Asks the Russians

• Like 1
  • Haha 1