News Forum - Gunmen shoot and kill Canadian at Phuket resort

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

As you say, way off topic, but the 'handle' implies absolutely nothing - and FWIW I've never had anything to do with 23 SAS or any TA unit

Or any other sort of Miltary Unit.

40 minutes ago, steve860 said:

you'd know that officers only have a "certificate of service" / red book covering the period pre-commission

I've got a red book for my service record, I was a Sapper.

An AFB 108 for service after commissioning?

If you were commissioned (DE / RMAS, not LE) and yours doesn't have a large stamp in it under 'Testimonial', on page 2,  saying "This soldier whilst serving in the ranks, successfully completed a course at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, was discharged on appointment to a commission"

... and another stamp under 'Cause of Discharge' on Page 4 saying "Para 9.407 QRs 1975 on appointment to a commission", both made when your Army number changed from an eight figure to a six figure, which was published in the London Gazette, then there's either something badly wrong with your docs or you weren't DE / RMAS commissioned and you've misunderstood what I wrote and you quoted.

Edit:

While prepared to reply, I really feel continuing this is pretty insulting to those who want to discuss the topic, as well as blatantly in breach of very clear forum rules - again.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

An AFB 108 for service after commissioning?

If you were commissioned (DE / RMAS, not LE) and yours doesn't have a large stamp in it under 'Testimonial', on page 2,  saying "This soldier whilst serving in the ranks, successfully completed a course at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, was discharged on appointment to a commission"

... and another stamp under 'Cause of Discharge' on Page 4 saying "Para 9.407 QRs 1975 on appointment to a commission", both made when your Army number changed from an eight figure to a six figure, which was published in the London Gazette, then there's either something with your docs or you weren't DE / RMAS commissioned and you've misunderstood what I wrote and you quoted.

Keep reading those book's The Walter Mitty Hunter's Club has opened a file on you Bud were gonna unmask for for the crime of impersonating a member of HM Forces I'm just waiting for my old Buddy in the Club to ring me his Missus said he's still in bed after the Rugby yesterday which is understandable after the trashing we had.

17 hours ago, Vigo said:

It would be nice to know why Thai immigration had no problem with this violent criminal long staying in  Thailand, but will go out of its way to harass and annoy harmless farangs.

Getting back on topic, or at least trying to, AFAIK he wouldn't have needed a CRB / criminal record check for most visas he would / could have been on and I can't recall ever having to tick a box saying I don't have a criminal record as some countries require (I'm sure @Faz knows far more about those requirements than me), and he clearly had no problem with immigration in other countries suggesting his ID's were 'genuine' but not actually his.

I'd suggest what's worrying about this isn't so much how he got a visa despite a criminal record, but if that may encourage immigration to add a CRB check to the ever growing list of requirements for some visas - annoying 'harmless farangs' even more.

52 minutes ago, 23RD said:

The Red Book's went out in the late 2000's steve bud now your testimonial is your last CR and your AF B108.

Mine was written by The QM (T) as my Battalion had just deployed on Op Herrick 14 while I was on resettlement (Good job he was a dab hand at defence writing).

Anyway Steve good to hear from a former Soldier (you don't livei n Pattaya by any chance).

Chiang Mai mate, first four 2426, joined in 71, 2 tours Belfast early 70's, Cyprus 74, Turkish invasion.

3 hours ago, 23RD said:

The other one wasn't even a stab billy (they wouldn't take him) as for Arrse he definitely reads to much off it for my taste (but he's gotta get his experience somewhere).

If there is a walt here its you. I already told you what I'm going to do. Now if you continue to question my service, integrity or honesty its going to go badly for you. 

1 hour ago, steve860 said:

The Catering Corp is the hardest course to pass, no-one ever has!

😁

Babies heads. Mmmm yummy 😁

Thing is they could actually cook. You see the stuff they served up in the sergeants or officers mess that stuff looked good.

OR's mess. Not so much.  

1 minute ago, steve860 said:

Chiang Mai mate, first four 2426, joined in 71, 2 tours Belfast early 70's, Cypres 74, Turkish invasion

2426 You Old Sweat Bud You were presenting arms when I was growning arm's , On the back gate when was Cow & Gate In the dead ground when I was in the playground.

Done 3 tour's between 1993 - 2001 Fermangh 6 months East Tyrone 6 months and Ballykelly 2 years  and a few Spearhead and emergency deployments it was a lot quiter then compared to when you were there.

I was based in Episkopi Garrison also between 2005-2007 that's even worst that Ireland for  stagging on.

Anyway of topic again steve take care bud keep in touch.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

If there is a walt here its you. I already told you what I'm going to do. Now if you continue to question my service, integrity or honesty its going to go badly for you. 

What was your unit Bud still not telling us eh I wonder why.

15 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Now if you continue to question my service, integrity or honesty its going to go badly for you.

Nothing's going to end badly for me I'm in the right your the one thats never wore a a Uniform Bud and come on don't threaten folk over a keyboard its not Manly I might take offence.

7 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Nothing's going to end badly for me I'm in the right your the one thats never wore a a Uniform Bud and come on don't threaten folk over a keyboard its not Manly I might take offence.

OK

On 2/5/2022 at 11:37 AM, Stonker said:

Oh come on!

Nineteen rounds from a pistol or two, even to the untrained ear, doesn't sound anything like 'fire crackers'.

>Waaaay too many movies!

So are you then suggesting as everyone knew they were shots then everyone living in the area must have been in on it?

Lots of shots being fired in rapid succession could not have been mistaken for a rapid string of firecrackers going off?

I have been in Phuket during Chinese new year and became impervious to the large number of firecrackers going off after a few days. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JamesR said:

So are you then suggesting as everyone knew they were shots then everyone living in the area must have been in on it?

No, just saying that it was a little strange that no-one noticed 19 rounds being fired in what's evidently a small enclosed area, walled on three sides, and that there was no security guard in the area for over eight hours.

Lots of shots being fired in rapid succession could not have been mistaken for a rapid string of firecrackers going off?

Yes, I thought that was pretty clearly what I've been saying - some may not know the difference, some may - the sound's are very different in my view.

I have been in Phuket during Chinese new year and became impervious to the large number of firecrackers going off after a few days. 

I rather doubt they celebrate Chinese New Year more enthusiastically in Phuket than in Hong Kong, where I lived for a number of years 😂.

• Like 1

Anyway you guys lets get back on topic, I can walk to this place Im sure that amount of shots being fired in that location everybody will have heard it, them villas down on the beach front are close together so I would imagine the echo would have traveled,

Watching a CCTV footage on the Thai news channel I may be wrong but it seems that the cameras didn't have sound on them, it clearly shows the 2 guys running back up the beach maybe they made their escape through the next resort could have left their car somewhere there, Locals were saying 2 farangs had been seen walking around that morning.

Maybe at least one of them gun men was a farang, my wife thinks so he did look big on the video

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stonker said:

No, just saying that it was a little strange that no-one noticed 19 rounds being fired in what's evidently a small enclosed area, walled on three sides, and that there was no security guard in the area for over eight hours.

Yes, I thought that was pretty clearly what I've been saying - some may not know the difference, some may - the sound's are very different in my view.

I rather doubt they celebrate Chinese New Year more enthusiastically in Phuket than in Hong Kong, where I lived for a number of years 😂.

I think most people have never heard a gunshot except in a film so would have nothing to compare the sound to.

I lived in London for quite a few years, Soho is a mini HK, they like to celebrate a Chinese new year and we are all welcome to go. 

The Thais as you know set off these fire crackers at any time of the year, a birthday, opening a business etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

I think most people have never heard a gunshot except in a film so would have nothing to compare the sound to.

"most people" in the UK, possibly, just as most may have never heard Chinese firecrackers except in a film.

Around here, up country, you can hear gunshots nearly every week.  Plenty of Thais have been conscripted to the military - and many do ror dor in the cadets to avoid conscription.  There are over six million registered guns in the country, so that's about 1 in 10 - and that's just the registered guns, with even the most conservative estimate adding another 4 million unregistered.

... and, equally, they hear firecrackers on a regular basis, so they've plenty to compare the sound to.

Apples and oranges.

• Like 1

Two suspects that were caught in nearby CCTV footage were presumingly the alleged shooters. The police believed that the suspects were still on the island, were likely foreign nationals, and were in the process of identifying and tracking both of them for interrogation.

Police stated that countless footprints were also seen at an abandoned house nearby the villa and in the sand along the way and around the scene, presumably belonging to the shooters who may have been discreetly observing the victim before the day of the crime.

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2022 at 10:41 PM, 23RD said:

I was more into Battle skills and drills Bud but if you've any questions you can't find the answers to in your (Novel's ) being a former skill at arms Instructor and being proficient on most weapon systems I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have nothing like getting the answers from a real expert Bud.

Ignore the trolls mate - block them and move on.  This guy clearly has had no involvement - thinks what is shown in movies and on internet is real. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Ignore the trolls mate - block them and move on.  This guy clearly has had no involvement - thinks what is shown in movies and on internet is real. 

Is it not?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

I know AussieBob Bud me and another couple of Veterans here in Pattaya have been having a deep dive into this particular Walter Mitty over the last 48hrs it's amazing what we've turned up about this Cut & Paste Walt.

• Like 2